• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

Get some, give some.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

McPixel -- MB-424F6F401F856686 - Taken by nicjac. 1 entrants total.

t1389528018z1.png

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
TRD3 was pulled a million moons ago (May 2010 but it was also part of the 2011 Codemasters Complete Pack, possibly by accident) so I'd start at 50-60 keys and work your way down if need be. I don't have the game myself but I can't say I'm interested in paying $100+ for it. ;)
Wait, I own a game on Steam that you don't? Such madness! :p

Ok, it's only because I'm a racing gamer mainly and thus own that, as well as most of the other pulled racers on Steam (Outrun, Sega Rally, Toca, Blur etc) because I bought them when they were on Steam initially and not after they got pulled.

I wish Spelunky had a mode where you didn't have a time limit on the levels before the ghost comes to get you, I want to be able to take my time while learning the ropes without the threat of it chasing me.

Admittedly I always die before it appears anyway.
The ghost is already very slow by default. It's there to psyche players out more than anything (
ignoring its ability to turn gems into more valuable diamonds
), considering that stages aren't big in the first place and you can't always explore everything with a lack of bombs / ropes.

Focus on surviving from one exit from the next without sidetracking too much while learning the ropes, as you put it. Further exploration / scavenging can wait until after you've gotten more comfortable with the stages and the dangers they present.

fantomena

Origin isn't that bad. Compared to uPlay, it's actually decent.

I know, but it's still poop.

At least Ubisoft doesn't have monopoly on their games and releases their games on Steam too even though they require Uplay. Have to give Ubi credits for that.

EA just needs to stop their monopoly and release their games on Steam. I bet the reason they had so many sales on Steam in 2013 is because they get way more money from Steam than Origin.

Also, funny thing is, even though I have Origin in the taskbar, I still needed to ad my Origin games to Steam so I remember I own them. :p

The Cowboy

A nice beta key for this arena style shooter *in the air* seen here.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/246700/
Gameplay footage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXD5MIPPRCw
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Strike Vector Beta -- MB-439BF1BD92310DB7 - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.

t1389528468z1.png
Key actives on Steam.

I know, but it's still poop.

At least Ubisoft doesn't have monopoly on their games and releases their games on Steam too even though they require Uplay. Have to give Ubi credits for that.

EA just needs to stop their monopoly and release their games on Steam. I bet the reason they had so many sales on Steam in 2013 is because they get way more money from Steam than Origin.

Also, funny thing is, even though I have Origin in the taskbar, I still needed to ad my Origin games to Steam so I remember I own them. :p

They release their games on Steam and then require a shitty client to launch with them everytime.

It'd be nice if EA gave us the choice, but the Origin client itself is halfway decent, which is more than can be said for uPlay.

You are in the thread where people think that Steam offline and out of business is better than origin.

People just want that gamecount.

Arthea

I'm so royally stuck at lltQueen, it's not even funny
for 4 hours I was trying to get any evil ending,
I miss all of those and I suspect my last 2 deaths lies in that direction too. I tried everything, killed everybody, did no good deed that I can see and still I get only good endings or deaths I already had, not even mentioning that for the love to Odin, I can't even make commoners rebel!
I begin to think this game somehow knows I'm not evil enough or something :(

I'm so royally stuck at lltQueen, it's not even funny
for 4 hours I was trying to get any evil ending,
I miss all of those and I suspect my last 2 deaths lies in that direction too. I tried everything, killed everybody, did no good deed that I can see and still I get only good endings or deaths I already had, not even mentioning that for the love to Odin, I can't even make commoners rebel!
I begin to think this game somehow knows I'm not evil enough or something :(

I still didn't get the commoner to rebel but have you tried to
fail during the religious ceremony where she leads the parade and makes a speech, I also think raising taxes and maybe failing or making a mess in the competition.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Excluding EA Partners titles, the two games EA yanked (Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2), and franchise bundles (e.g. factoring in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, but not Mass Effect "Complete"), EA games were featured deals 92 times last year compared to 52 in 2012. I think the penny may finally drop this year.

Excluding EA Partners titles, the two games EA yanked (Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2), and franchise bundles (e.g. factoring in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, but not Mass Effect "Complete"), EA games were featured deals 92 times last year compared to 52 in 2012. I think the penny may finally drop this year.

I'm all for wishful thinking, but this is EA we're talking about.

Zeknurn

Ha ha ha. The only reason they have increased Steam sales for previous instalments of a franchise is to up-sell you the Origin exclusive sequel.

JaseC

Ha ha ha. The only reason they have increased Steam sales for previous instalments of a franchise is to up-sell you the Origin exclusive sequel.

Quite possible, but to offer a different perspective there's the chance that this desired effect wasn't being seen throughout 2012.

You don't have it?

Asylum vanilla was gone before I caught the bug. :( I did try e-mailing WB for a key after the Asylum/City key redemption issues became apparent and the vanilla versions were removed from the subs created specifically for GFWL keys, but I was told that the GOTY Edition is the only version being offered, even though I explained that I understand the former are no longer being supported and I wanted it solely for my collection. I do have City and Origins vanilla, though, but this just makes Asylum vanilla's absence all the more frustrating, haha.

Tellaerin

Eh, I prefer EA's approach to Ubi's. If I have to use Origin (which I find pretty inoffensive, all things considered) to play something, that's fine. I'd be annoyed if I was forced to use Origin and Steam. It's redundant. Pubs should either go all-out and have their games do everything through Steam, or stick with whatever proprietary service they've whipped up. Don't tack Steam on as an additional layer just to say you did it.

JaseC

Eh, I prefer EA's approach to Ubi's. If I have to use Origin (which I find pretty inoffensive, all things considered) to play something, that's fine. I'd be annoyed if I was forced to use Origin and Steam. It's redundant. Pubs should either go all-out and have their games do everything through Steam, or stick with whatever proprietary service they've whipped up. Don't tack Steam on as an additional layer just to say you did it.

Ubi's not exactly entirely innocent, either: no King Kong, no Tintin, no Anno 1701... but at least Anno 1404's on its way back.

PriitV

I find it easier to have Ubi games with the added layer on Steam rather than juggle my game purchases between two or three digital download services.
Also, uPlay isn't that bad :)

If I run out of space on my hd can I start using a second hd for any new game installs and continue using my old hd for the old installs

And is Assassins creed liberation getting a preload at all or do ubisoft games generally not get one

Arthea

I still didn't get the commoner to rebel but have you tried to
fail during the religious ceremony where she leads the parade and makes a speech, I also think raising taxes and maybe failing or making a mess in the competition.

Ya, I did all that, I think I tried everything, but a game obviously thinks not yet! (><)
Amazing depth for such a simple game, as it would seem. I think I'll take a break, may be that will help to come up with new ideas.

amdnv

I find it easier to have Ubi games with the added layer on Steam rather than juggle my game purchases between two or three digital download services
This. I hate UPlay, but at least it automatically launches through Steam, and I have all games in my Steam library.

I would have bought Mass Effect 3 a long time ago if it were available on Steam. Same for Crysis 3 or the latest entries in Battlefield.

JaseC

Any reason for that?

As with The Precursors, Game Factory published the English version it seems, so I'd guess its contract expired and Russobit-M wasn't interested in a renewal. Asking Russobit to put both games up on Greenlight may bear fruit, though. I'd guess Game Factory was enlisted to help because of its pre-existing presence on GamersGate.

Edit: Russobit doesn't seem to have an e-mail address listed for its sales department but you can try info@russobit-m.ru. Also, the site doesn't have an English language option so I'd keep it short and simple.

Slyjss

I just beat Mission 1 -actually the second mission after M0- of Revengeance and so far sogood.gif. Over-the-top as only Platinum knows (the first final boss is
A GODDAMNED METAL GEAR
), 60 fps with no drops, and a really fun and rewarding combat system. I seriously doubt I will get tired of Zandatsu kills. I will need to be a better player if I want to go through this, because it's really Parry-focused and I'm more a Dodge guy, so the timing is killing me. Literally, in the game. The only downside I have found is that the camera is closer to Raiden than I would have liked to, so sometimes I get unexpected hits on the back. I liked better the camera in Bayonetta, but every game I compare to Bayonetta lacks something so it's OK.

Also, this moment (really mild spoiler image) made me laugh so much. I like that the game is not taking itself too seriously. I'm really looking forward to everything else Revengeance has to offer.

PS: Thanks again to Falifax for the game

C4rter

Received a free key for buying Fifa 14. Already got the game.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Supreme Commander -- MB-31F89F83B24C1FAD - Taken by Smash88. 1 entrants total.

t1389534409z1.png

JaseC

I just beat Mission 1 -actually the second mission after M0- of Revengeance and so far sogood.gif. Over-the-top as only Platinum knows (the first final boss is
A GODDAMNED METAL GEAR
), 60 fps with no drops, and a really fun and rewarding combat system. I seriously doubt I will get tired of Zandatsu kills. I will need to be a better player if I want to go through this, because it's really Parry-focused and I'm more a Dodge guy, so the timing is killing me. Literally, in the game. The only downside I have found is that the camera is closer to Raiden than I would have liked to, so sometimes I get unexpected hits on the back. I liked better the camera in Bayonetta, but every game I compare to Bayonetta lacks something so it's OK.

Also, this moment (really mild spoiler image) made me laugh so much. I like that the game is not taking itself too seriously. I'm really looking forward to everything else Revengeance has to offer.

PS: Thanks again to Falifax for the game

I don't think I've ever read a positive endorsement of MGR's camera system. I'm a tad surprised that it wasn't tweaked for the PC release.

Tizoc

I shall be monitoring this thread for Banner Saga giveaways *narrows eyes*

Now that I've got my new system set up I should get around to tidying up my Steam codes, need to make sure which codes I haven't given away yet.

graywolf323

they did at least put Crysis 2 back up with the Maximum Edition and presumably when Crysis 3 gets to that release it'll show up on Steam as well

Dragon Age 2 however never saw a complete release with all DLC so it's never come back to Steam

I think the future of EA on Steam all comes down to whoever blinks first about the changes to Steam's DLC policy that led to the removal and given it's been ~2 years? not sure anything is about to change

JaseC

they did at least put Crysis 2 back up with the Maximum Edition and presumably when Crysis 3 gets to that release it'll show up on Steam as well

Dragon Age 2 however never saw a complete release with all DLC so it's never come back to Steam

I think the future of EA on Steam all comes down to whoever blinks first about the changes to Steam's DLC policy that led to the removal and given it's been ~2 years? not sure anything is about to change

It's immensely annoying to me that I own both Crysis 2 and Crysis 2: ME on Origin but only the latter on Steam. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom