• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I had issues with ModBot when I tried to give away a Batman Arkham Asylum HB link some time ago, and I can't seem to be able to nuke it to make a new one. I guess ModBot's nuke system doesn't play well with links instead of keys. Anyway, quote this post for a Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY HB gift link.

FloatOn

So... Fallout 3 doesn't want me to play it anymore. I've run into my first game breaking bug on "The Waters of Life" quest. Dad wants me to go into Project Purity and clear out any mutants that may still be in there. Thing is, I've already killed them all and when I try to talk to Dad again I have no option to tell those defenseless scientist weaklings that it's safe. Apparently this is a pretty common bug and there are solutions by messing around with console commands. I just don't know if I care enough to do that.

:/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So... Fallout 3 doesn't want me to play it anymore. I've run into my first game breaking bug on "The Waters of Life" quest. Dad wants me to go into Project Purity and clear out any mutants that may still be in there. Thing is, I've already killed them all and when I try to talk to Dad again I have no option to tell those defenseless scientist weaklings that it's safe. Apparently this is a pretty common bug and there are solutions by messing around with console commands. I just don't know if I care enough to do that.

I ran into a similar issue in Skyrim that even the console commands couldn't fix. Bethesda needs to hire new script programmers. :p

Messing around with console commands isn't that much work, though. But yeah, those glitches can get annoying.

I had that glitch too, both on Xbox and on PC, and managed to fix it on PC. Dunno how though. In any case, I wouldn't call your issue game-breaking, whereas RealityExists' problem prevents him from proceeding in the mai quest. :p

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
trying to purchase something and steam goes down fuck sake

service is getting shitter recently

JaseC

I had that glitch too, both on Xbox and on PC, and managed to fix it on PC. Dunno how though. In any case, I wouldn't call your issue game-breaking, whereas RealityExists' problem prevents him from proceeding in the mai quest. :p

Oh, neither -- it was a side quest, after all. I was just merely saying I've had my troubles with Bethesda's less-than-ideal scripting.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Oh, neither -- it was a side quest, after all. I was just merely saying I've had my troubles with Bethesda's less-than-ideal scripting.

I never had an issue when playing FO3 and I have more than 100 hours on it, the elder scrolls oblivion though...

Whelp, Steam is down again.

The FO3 main quest is laughably bad, tho ;)
Still, it's pretty much a given that you'll have to dive in the console to fix something in a Bethesda gamebryo game.

Meh, opinions. I still enjoy it. Writing's a bit cringe-inducing at times, especially after New Vegas, but to call it laughably bad? No.

I think everyone who's ever played a Bethesda game will have had troubles with that. :p

That said, on the whole, I've been pretty lucky when it comes to glitches in Bethesda games. I managed to get through Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim on the Xbox without any major glitches. Skyrim on PC took some more work, but that wast mostly because I was running the game with over 100 mods installed. Fallout 3 will crash my laptop, but other games have started doing that too, all because I run out of memory. I have enough, so I'm still not sure what the issue is there.

Spookie

Well arses. I bought The Banner Saga after loosing the give away but it takes some funds out of my Dota 2 end of month patch though, bah, It best be good!

FloatOn

I said fuck it and got the console code to complete that part of the quest for me.

player.setstage 0x00014e8b 26 and then player.setstage 0x00014e8b 27

I dunno if I missed any crucial dialog but whatever, at least I can move forward in the story now. Bethesda gonna Bethesda....

Here's to hoping New Vegas isn't a bug filled piece of shit when I play it next month.

UV-6

I can't connect to Steam. Anyone had this issue before?

AApu2z2.png

Turfster

Here's to hoping New Vegas isn't a bug filled piece of shit when I play it next month.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I had to stop playing New Vegas because it retroactively fucked over all my savegames. I could load them, but whichever one I loaded, if I killed one more enemy, the game crashed.

JaseC

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I had to stop playing New Vegas because it retroactively fucked over all my savegames. I could load them, but whichever one I loaded, if I killed one more enemy, the game crashed.

Don't give Ubi ideas. :p

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I said fuck it and got the console code to complete that part of the quest for me.

player.setstage 0x00014e8b 26 and then player.setstage 0x00014e8b 27

I dunno if I missed any crucial dialog but whatever, at least I can move forward in the story now. Bethesda gonna Bethesda....

I'm sorry that happened to you. FO3 is by far my favourite RPG game, it was the only game where I could lose myself in this post apocalyptic universe and do whatever I want.

Arthea

I got this invite to Playfire Rewards BETA, where you supposedly earn GMG credit by playing games. The description is so vague, that I'm not sure what it entails.
It would seem, that if you buy new games from GMG and play them, you get additional GMG credit, how little of credit is not mentioned, also it says something about unified playfire leaderboards.
Not sure what to think about it, but seems like lost cause to me.

rtcn63

I just finished New Vegas, came across a few "game-breaking" bugs, particularly later on in the campaign. General tips when it comes to Bethesda games- always create multiple saves (in case your auto-save rubbles your giblets), back up those saves regularly, and maybe skim a FAQ to make sure this or that isn't well-known to bugger shit up.

fantomena

I got this invite to Playfire Rewards BETA, where you supposedly earn GMG credit by playing games. The description is so vague, that I'm not sure what it entails.
It would seem, that if you buy new games from GMG and play them, you get additional GMG credit, how little of credit is not mentioned, also it says something about unified playfire leaderboards.

What I think: Register on Playfire with your GMG account, link your Steam account to your Playfire account, play the games and do the challenges GMG has, then you receive Playfire credits which will transfer to GMG credits 24 hours after.

Arthea

my steam still works, btw

What I think: Register on Playfire with your GMG account, link your Steam account to your Playfire account, play the games and do the challenges GMG has, then you receive Playfire credits which will transfer to GMG credits 24 hours after.

but it seems like a lot of hassle! achievements of achievements?
Somehow missed part about challenges. Was it in an invitation?

Dolken

Neo Member
That said, on the whole, I've been pretty lucky when it comes to glitches in Bethesda games. I managed to get through Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim on the Xbox without any major glitches. Skyrim on PC took some more work, but that wast mostly because I was running the game with over 100 mods installed. Fallout 3 will crash my laptop, but other games have started doing that too, all because I run out of memory. I have enough, so I'm still not sure what the issue is there.

I’m no know-it-all but that sounds like an issue with your paging file.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
A forced no-kill run?
That's original.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Just finished Bioshock 1 - Fun fun game (was my first time playing through).

Now starting Bioshock 2...

Infinite soon :)

Good times.

Found this :
GAMES

Play BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2 for the first time* - £0.10
Play METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE for the first time - £0.50 (until 11/01/2014, then £0.10)
Play LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes for the first time - £0.10
Play XCOM: Enemy Within for the first time - £0.10
Play XCOM: Enemy Unknown for the first time** - £0.10

ACHIEVEMENTS†

Unlock R-01: Status - Closed in METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE - £0.10
Unlock Assassin Behind Closed Doors in METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE - £0.25
Unlock Amateur Radio Operator in METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE - £0.50
Unlock Sand Central Station in LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - £0.10
Unlock Bifrosty Reception in LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - £0.25
Unlock Avengers Assembled in LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - £0.50
Unlock We Happy Few in XCOM: Enemy Unknown - £0.10
Unlock Man No More in XCOM: Enemy Unknown - £0.25
Unlock Shieldbuster in XCOM: Enemy Within - £0.50

PROFILE REWARDS

Install and run the Playfire PC Client, Playfire Vulcan - £0.50

Colin.

Amazon sale has been really weak, I remember last year being a lot better. Have 5 coupons left, with not much sign of using any of them atm.

Link to the sale?

It has been ongoing since the 3rd of January, and you haven't missed much. If you bought any digital games during their sale in December, you should have gotten $5 promotional credits to use in the "Editors Choice" selection of games, which it kind of requires that you have to actually get a good deal out of it. The only game I've gotten was Ace Patrol at less than $1. Link to the games here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom