• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Seems like Groupees has stopped sending out Steam keys for stuff I bought in bundles, like War of the Human Tanks, Dysfunctional Systems and Knights and Merchants. Has anyone gotten them?

War of the Human Tanks is coming.
For Dysfunctional Systems, blame the devs that want you to jump through hoops to get the key.
K&M should have been added.

Also, what's up, Valve? You're 11 minutes late with the daily...

Yeah...Chapter 2 is fucking brutal for me.
And I need to do a Legendary run to progress....... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

That might be where I'm stuck too. I've tried a bunch of times over the past year or so but can't seem to crack it. I basically gave up.

Wait, is the woman singing the trailer song trying to imitate a vocaloid? Is this a thing now?

Anyways, I'm inclined to vote for it just because of the dumb comments about "oh what this doesn't belong on Steam it's for 8-year-old anime girls."

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just beat Risk of Rain on Normal with the Engineer, ended up at the "HAHAHAHA" difficulty at the final stage but managed to get through without too much difficulty, must have grabbed some great items. Really enjoying the game, going to start on the challenges. Agree that there should be a little more variation in the levels though, or a few more hopefully, hope there ends up being some post-release support.

kurahador

Really? I didn't think it was bad until Chapter 4 on Divine. Welcome to the old school, I guess.

Wait...the game will require you to do Divine as well??? REALLY??

I'm doing fine on Chapter 3 & 4 Legendary, but Chapter 2...man...always lose focus in the swamp section for some reason.

Just beat Risk of Rain on Normal with the Engineer, ended up at the "HAHAHAHA" difficulty at the final stage but managed to get through without too much difficulty, must have grabbed some great items. Really enjoying the game, going to start on the challenges. Agree that there should be a little more variation in the levels though, or a few more hopefully, hope there ends up being some post-release support.

The levels are randomized plus there are a couple of secret levels too, check the steam guides there is a very nice one there. At like 40 hours played only a couple more unlockables left :).

Myshkin

Anyways, I'm inclined to vote for it just because of the dumb comments about "oh what this doesn't belong on Steam it's for 8-year-old anime girls."

That's the spirit. Steam needs more games like this. And let's hope there's a yuri option.

Hang on.. there's an important announcement at the bottom of my screen.
Something about 2000+ Asian Women. (Why can't they be 2000+ demons?)

Free DDoS tools with Risk of Rain, huh? I'm not complaining!

1tjlpc.png

edit: I removed it and RoR still works. Not sure where it came from. Does anyone else have this file?

cicero

Seems like Groupees has stopped sending out Steam keys for stuff I bought in bundles, like War of the Human Tanks, Dysfunctional Systems and Knights and Merchants. Has anyone gotten them?

Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion had its Groupees Steam key added back at the start of November. I found and activated mine back then.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The levels are randomized plus there are a couple of secret levels too, check the steam guides there is a very nice one there. At like 40 hours played only a couple more unlockables left :).

Yeah, the order of the levels is but the layouts are the same, I just don't want to get to the point where there's no surprises. Really enjoying it at the moment though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Daily Deal (Finally)

Surgeon Simulator 66% off ($3.39)

Probably best to pick it up in the Humble Bundle if you don't already have it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Eager to see what games get added to the Humble Bundle on Tuesday, as the only games I don't have now are Joe Danger 2 and Reus. Not so sure about Reus so will BTA if I don't have the new ones and Modbot my spares.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Proabaly about right for BioShock. That game puts emphasis on exploring and drinking in the atmosphere.

I have about an hour into Bioshock 2 now, and it seems much more restrictive in the exploration sense. Still very early obviously.

Should be fun either way ;)

Grief.exe

I have about an hour into Bioshock 2 now, and it seems much more restrictive in the exploration sense. Still very early obviously.

Should be fun either way ;)

It is early on, really opens up after a little while.

I recommend playing on hard and turning off the objective arrow.

Edit: right, but you aren't very good at shooters. Definlety the latter though.

Divius

Surgeon Simulator seems fun; I remember playing it in my browser for a bit and laughing at the bizarre controls, but I feel weird spending money on it. I was too late/unlucky for all the giveaways on here as well :p Yet now it is back to tempt me again.

Anustart

Well, Deus Ex : HR has made me do something that hasn't happened in a long time, start a new play through immediately after completing the game. Did my first run on Give me a challenge, now doing one on Give Me Deus Ex.

I'll probably start another run right after this one too on Tell Me a Story to hunt achievements and try for no alerts/no kills.

Free DDoS tools with Risk of Rain, huh? I'm not complaining!

It's a false positive, do some googling. It's how the game handles multiplayer. Removing breaks multiplayer but you can still do sp fine.

Yeah, the order of the levels is but the layouts are the same, I just don't want to get to the point where there's no surprises. Really enjoying it at the moment though.

Yea, it hasn't for me and I've seen it all, the unlockables keep it fresh plus new characters.

Arthea

I've played some Reus today. It's not a bad game. Only 30 min epochs is very misleading, because you give instructions to giants while on pause, so it's not 30 but much longer, and these kind of games are better if they have short "missions".
Other than that and giants moving very very slowly, I liked more or less everything else about a game, still I can see it getting repetitive later on.

Anustart

Anustart
(Today, 08:06 PM)

:)

It's odd too, at first I didn't think the game was that great, good, just not amazing. But now I'm just having a blast. Doing things in completely different ways that I didn't even consider on my first play through.

jmizzal

Well, Deus Ex : HR has made me do something that hasn't happened in a long time, start a new play through immediately after completing the game. Did my first run on Give me a challenge, now doing one on Give Me Deus Ex.

I'll probably start another run right after this one too on Tell Me a Story to hunt achievements and try for no alerts/no kills.

I did that with Splinter Cell Blacklist played thru it again without killing anybody, I need to play Deus ex HR again, i'm gonna get the WiiU version since it will be even more different then the PC version

maty

I decided to play Superfrog HD instead of idling, what a mistake. I played the game for 1 hour and it`s awful.

Went into "to be removed" category once the cards dropped.

kafiend

Have fun.
Edit: Humble gift links.....

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Reus -- MB-81552D1401ABE563 - Taken by nightstorm. 12 entrants total.
To the Moon -- MB-62782D89C17CE774 - Taken by Madrugador. 2 entrants total.

t1389555154z1.png

Arthea

I decided to play Superfrog HD instead of idling, what a mistake. I played the game for 1 hour and it`s awful.

Went into "to be removed" category once the cards dropped.

awful? I don't like platformers usually, and I thought it was somewhat interesting with gliding and flying techniques. What so awful about it? except levels being way too long.

I'm in, got one, let's see what I'll get.

Ordered 2 keys got Dead Space, Limbo, Brazen Prototype, Sword And Sworcery EP and Crayon Physics Deluxe...

I bet you these are keys from random indie bundles as I have all the games except Brazen prototype, but hey it was only 5 bucks. I will modbot the rest.

PriitV

Ordered 2 keys got Dead Space, Limbo, Brazen Prototype, Sword And Sworcery EP and Crayon Physics Deluxe...

I bet you these are keys from random indie bundles as I have all the games except Brazen prototype, but hey it was only 5 bucks. I will modbot the rest.

It's that easy to lower my expectations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom