• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
So I bought Spelunky a while ago, and finally decided to play it. First try I went to change my resolution, and couldn't leave the options menu. After a few more attempts I decided to re-install it. After I did that everything was in Spanish and I still couldn't quit out of the options menu. What the hell is going on.

Every time I try to launch Mass Effect I'm getting an error and I have done some research and it may be because I don't have the 1.02 (or similar) patch that adds Windows 7 support. I have downloaded the patch but because Mass Effect isn't installed on my C drive the patch won't install. Has anyone got round this?

Zia

The Banner Saga, Nidhogg and Broken Age early this week!!

Very excited to see what people think of The Banner Saga!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Every time I try to launch Mass Effect I'm getting an error and I have done some research and it may be because I don't have the 1.02 (or similar) patch that adds Windows 7 support. I have downloaded the patch but because Mass Effect isn't installed on my C drive the patch won't install. Has anyone got round this?

Try verifying the game's cache. When I installed The Witcher 2 back in December 2011 Steam delivered v1.00 instead of the then-latest build (something I didn't pick up on until I was well into Flotsam, haha).

Try verifying the game's cache. When I installed The Witcher 2 back in December 2011 Steam delivered v1.00 instead of the then-latest build (something I didn't pick up on until I was well into Flotsam, haha).

That's one of the first things I did and it's fine apparently.

Edit: Got it working by running Steam in Administrator mode.

kurahador

Bored and decided to spend a few hours playing some shmups---Ether Vapor Remaster and Jamestown.

Fuck me...what a frustrating games both of them----really damn addictive though.
I came pretty close to yelling like crazy person a few times, guess it also makes a nice exercise in patience.

tjohn86

Bored and decided to spend a few hours playing some shmups---Ether Vapor Remaster and Jamestown.

Fuck me...what a frustrating games both of them----really damn addictive though.
I came pretty close to yelling like crazy person a few times, guess it also makes a nice exercise in patience.

Jamestown is fucking brilliant.

Zia

The devs are in so much trouble for releasing that F2P component first...

I understand it serving as a good tool for campaign balance, but it's a) muddied the message and b) wasn't very well received, whereas I think their battle system, though not as nuanced as something like XCOM or Fire Emblem, works very well within the context of the actual game.

kurahador

Jamestown was great... until I had to redo previous levels at harder difficulties to progress the "story"... and ran aground on the one I could barely scrape though on the normal difficulty =p

Yeah...Chapter 2 is fucking brutal for me.
And I need to do a Legendary run to progress....... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FloatOn

poor Liam Neeson :(

manyneed.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah...Chapter 2 is fucking brutal for me.
And I need to do a Legendary run to progress....... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Really? I didn't think it was bad until Chapter 4 on Divine. Welcome to the old school, I guess.

Loving MGRR right now and I have only played it for like an hour. That image of "what I expected/what I got" perfectly describes the game. I secretly wish that rest of Platinum Games catalog eventually hits Steam but I am not keeping my hopes up...

Giard

Seems like Groupees has stopped sending out Steam keys for stuff I bought in bundles, like War of the Human Tanks, Dysfunctional Systems and Knights and Merchants. Has anyone gotten them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom