• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Ordered 2 keys got Dead Space, Limbo, Brazen Prototype, Sword And Sworcery EP and Crayon Physics Deluxe...

I bet you these are keys from random indie bundles as I have all the games except Brazen prototype, but hey it was only 5 bucks. I will modbot the rest.

Sounds like humble bundle keys all right.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Another day, another low-star review of Enhanced Steam.

i have a acer chormebook but i want to play steam games but when i try to get it to work it does not let me download steam so im having troubles please tell me if you know how to work it.

I mean yes, it's the most popular extension for Steam on the Chrome Web Store. But that doesn't mean it'll let you play Steam games on a Chromebook.

I'm getting so many of these types of reviews now I'm thinking of putting up a disclaimer.

Turfster

I mean yes, it's the most popular extension for Steam on the Chrome Web Store. But that doesn't mean it'll let you play Steam games on a Chromebook.
Reading things like this makes me want an "internet license" or something.
You'd have to prove you're smarter than rock to be able to access the internet.
It would solve so many problems.

ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Superbrothers Sword and Sorcery EP -- MB-9BEFD679F0BE1F21 - Taken by Dolken
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-719DBA2AF51617EC - Taken by schuey7
LIMBO -- MB-1CFBB232733DD4D1 - Taken by fozzy
Dead Space -- MB-562AD180B5C50CA6 - Taken by amdnv

yar! I just got these keys from RPGStash.com so they should work. If not, something sketchy with that site.

PriitV

Ordered 2 keys got Dead Space, Limbo, Brazen Prototype, Sword And Sworcery EP and Crayon Physics Deluxe...

I bet you these are keys from random indie bundles as I have all the games except Brazen prototype, but hey it was only 5 bucks. I will modbot the rest.

Medal of Honor (Steam)

I shouldn't have expected more.

jmizzal

Do you get 2 games per key? I might try it

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was under the impression that people don't even buy Chromebooks.

There were a huge rash of these types of reviews directly after Christmas. My best guess is that parents (not knowing any differently) got their kids the "cheap laptop" (Chromebook). Then the kids went "Ok, I want to play video games" and searched the store for Steam, found Enhanced Steam and assumed it would let them play Team Fortress on their Chromebook.

Either way, it's kind of annoying. If ya'll could do me a solid and mark some of these types of reviews as "not helpful" I would appreciate it.

Jørdan

d6Qg9Tq.jpg

Gotta love this image.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Humble Bundle key alright. Bunch of shitheads. Brazen was in the Double Fine bundle and Fortnite bundle and only there.

maty

awful? I don't like platformers usually, and I thought it was somewhat interesting with gliding and flying techniques. What so awful about it? except levels being way too long.

The levels are too long, there is no challenge at all, no weight to the character. When you hit an enemy you don´t get another jump which is common in most platformer of this type.

I only played the first world so I don't know if things change further into the game.

But if you enjoy the gliding stuff, you would be better off playing Giana Sisters or better yet DKC2.

Arthea

The levels are too long, there is no challenge at all, no weight to the character. When you hit an enemy you don´t get another jump which is common in most platformer of this type.

I only played the first world so I don't know if things change further into the game.

But if you enjoy the gliding stuff, you would be better off playing Giana Sisters or better yet DKC2.

ya, I like Giana Sisters better, was only questioning your awful definition. It gets more challenging later on, only levels still are way too long, that's true.

Peachpies

Have you seen this? Don't know if the Chrome store works the same way but apparently some Android users are deliberately giving 1 star reviews so that their comment gets put first.
it looks like alot of people are giving low reviews because they can't get steam on their chromebooks

Found this :
GAMES

Play BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2 for the first time* - £0.10
Play METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE for the first time - £0.50 (until 11/01/2014, then £0.10)
Play LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes for the first time - £0.10
Play XCOM: Enemy Within for the first time - £0.10
Play XCOM: Enemy Unknown for the first time** - £0.10

ACHIEVEMENTS†

Unlock R-01: Status - Closed in METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE - £0.10
Unlock Assassin Behind Closed Doors in METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE - £0.25
Unlock Amateur Radio Operator in METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE - £0.50
Unlock Sand Central Station in LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - £0.10
Unlock Bifrosty Reception in LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - £0.25
Unlock Avengers Assembled in LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - £0.50
Unlock We Happy Few in XCOM: Enemy Unknown - £0.10
Unlock Man No More in XCOM: Enemy Unknown - £0.25
Unlock Shieldbuster in XCOM: Enemy Within - £0.50

PROFILE REWARDS

Install and run the Playfire PC Client, Playfire Vulcan - £0.50

I swear they owe me credits for this stuff... but they seemingly took away the credit I earned for signing up for their newsletter and never awarded anything for the achievements I unlocked. Seems like their system isn't working so smoothly, at least from my end.

maty

ya, I like Giana Sisters better, was only questioning your awful definition. It gets more challenging later on, only levels still are way too long, that's true.

Platformers is one my favorite genres and I like collectathons like Giana, Rayman, DK64, Banjo-Kazooie but this one takes it to another level.

Giana levels are long as well but if you string together some attacks you can move a lot faster, without mentioning the difficulty and variety. Also the level design in the 1st world at least is not very clear.

Relax.MX

I just finished Torchlight 2, i played as Enginner, on Veteran difficulty, 67/123 achievements, and 29 hrs. Almost all the time on Sigle Player.

The game is not bad, but honestly expecting much more of it, it's almost like the first, I think the main reason it was rated so high was just to troll Diablo 3.

I do not care about the story or characters, even less than the first, the character design seems bad. The enemies are only 4 and the others are just clones with different external design, the music is perfect to put on mute and put some podcast, the difficulty is pretty easy, the bosses of each dungeon are the same as normal just bigger not contribute anything new.

As I said the game is not bad but is not good, it's a mediocre game in my opinion, enjoy more the first, this looks like a mod, I'm much more critical in this that even as a small company, my expectation was so high on this sequel because of the success of the first one.

Want a mindless game? and want to click a lot? and want to listen your podcast? get this.

Path of Exile? is better?

Jørdan

Kallum Burgin - Dec 14 said:
These changes are great. I was a bit concerned that it will only effect Steam within Chrome, but you can actually use it to launch games... It's pretty much a replacement for the Steam interface.

Butters your toast too.

dream

I decided to play Superfrog HD instead of idling, what a mistake. I played the game for 1 hour and it`s awful.

Went into "to be removed" category once the cards dropped.

God, seriously. I spent about an hour with it too, and it was the worst game I've played in years.

rtcn63

I tried playing Superfrog for a bit awhiles ago, and it didn't seem to have proper native controller support so I said eff that.

Arthea

Platformers is one my favorite genres and I like collectathons like Giana, Rayman, DK64, Banjo-Kazooie but this one takes it to another level.

Giana levels are long as well but if you string together some attacks you can move a lot faster, without mentioning the difficulty and variety. Also the level design in the 1st world at least is not very clear.

Then you obviously know better, platformers are my least favourite games ;)
Although I do like some odd ones, rarely.

World design is a mess with reason, it makes more difficult and even longer to find exits (><)

Momentary

Banned
Steam really needs Dragon's Crown in it's library. Since Atlus has games on Steam would it be up to them or Vanillaware as to whether or not they put it on there?

The Vanilla Pack: Odin's Sphere, Muramasa, and Dragon's Crown for 29.99 or 23.00 for preorders. Man I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Playing Valdis Story and Dust made me think of this randomly.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I decided to play Superfrog HD instead of idling, what a mistake. I played the game for 1 hour and it`s awful.

I can second this. Played the first 2 stages and couldn't bear it any longer.

Ugly art style, bland enemy design, uninteresting level layout, bad secrets placement (every secret area was hidden behind a wall that opened when you touched it), floaty jumps and terrible camera (yes, in a 2D platformer). To me it felt like an extremely crappy Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (but without guns), and made me wish I was playing the latter.

Didn't I post this already? Feels kinda like a déjà vu.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Jørdan;96851270 said:
d6Qg9Tq.jpg

Gotta love this image.
I replayed it last night, and despite knowing how it was going to end, it still managed to hit me right in the feels. The onions are strong with this one.

I'm going to play the bonus episode tonight.

Momentary

Banned
I replayed it last night, and despite knowing how it was going to end, it still managed to hit me right in the feels. The onions are strong with this one.

Screw it. I'll hit this p as my next game to beat. I think I'm almost done with The Swapper, but my brain still hurts from the last puzzle. It's an amazing game, but damn they make you think. Maybe it's easy for some people, but I suck at puzzle.

Also, if you haven't already, buy MGR next time it goes on sale. The boss fights alone are worth the price. This game was a lot more skillful than DmC. It isn't as pretty though, but I'm sure if Platinum was given this game from day one it would have been even better. Definitely looks forward to a "from the ground up" sequel to this game by Platinum.

chixdiggit

Same. I try to at least try every game instead of idling.
Superfrog wasn't the worst though. That award goes to Postal 2

Steam really needs Dragon's Crown in it's library. Since Atlus has games on Steam would it be up to them or Vanillaware as to whether or not they put it on there?

The Vanilla Pack: Odin's Sphere, Muramasa, and Dragon's Crown for 29.99 or 23.00 for preorders. Man I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Playing Valdis Story and Dust made me think of this randomly.

Dragon's crown was in my top 10 GOTY candidates for 2013. I absolutely loved it. I'd love to have it on my PC...

Muramasa is a bit less so, but still a solid game.

Odin Sphere looks great, but I can't bring myself to play it as a "PS2 Classic". If it were ported to PC with Steam achievements? I'd be all over it. o_O

I don't think they'd give us all 3 @ 10 per, but like you, I'd be on it in a heartbeat if it existed.

yeah I just started jet stream and man that dog is kicking my ass

The DLC intimidates me for some reason... I'm on my 2nd playthrough now, which is probably my 5th playthrough of the core game in less than a year... I bought the DLC at release on PS3, but just couldn't bring myself to play it... and now it's the same with the PC version....

There's a bonus episode?

maty

God, seriously. I spent about an hour with it too, and it was the worst game I've played in years.

I can second this. Played the first 2 stages and couldn't bear it any longer.

Ugly art style, bland enemy design, uninteresting level layout, bad secrets placement (every secret area was hidden behind a wall that opened when you touched it), floaty jumps and terrible camera (yes, in a 2D platformer). To me it felt like an extremely crappy Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (but without guns), and made me wish I was playing the latter.

Didn't I post this already? Feels kinda like a déjà vu.

Guess I`m not the only one

And just like RionaaM says, the camera is terrible. It follows your every move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom