• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranium

Banned
At the end of the sale I gave in and got Metro Last Light and the DLC, couldn't wait any longer hehe. I really liked 2033 and since the stealth is apparently improved in this game that's even better.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Add to Cart buttons and platform icons are now working on the wishlist in Enhanced Steam Standalone.

XhPfdsG.png

banderassogood.gif

Oreoleo

At the end of the sale I gave in and got Metro Last Light and the DLC, couldn't wait any longer hehe. I really liked 2033 and since the stealth is apparently improved in this game that's even better.

Saying "stealth is improved" is understating things tbh.

Stealth is actually viable as a means for completing the whole game. It's completely overhauled from 2033 and is basically binary seen/unseen now and does a very good job of letting you know when you are able to be seen. The change was definitely for the better, though sometimes I wonder if they went too far in the other direction and made stealth too easy?

Regardless, it's my GOTY, you did good buying it :)

Kadin

I assume all these titles for the Amazon Editor's Choice will go back up to their full retail price tomorrow when the credits can be used...?

Lain

So there's definitely no way to get the Director's Cut of Deus Ex for $5 for having the vanilla game +dlc anymore?

It's disappointing. I was gonna buy it after the sale ended and it reverted to the 80% discount it had over here (so 3.99€ for it), since learning that it is a different entry in the library and it doesn't overwrite the base game.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just finished my first game of 2014, Bioshock Infinite. Man, that ending hits you like a ton of bricks. A lot to take in for a 10 minute ending. Overall, I enjoyed the game. It can be repetitive and you kinda feel they wasted the Infinite universe. I loved the acting and the story though. I can see why people hate the game. Personally, it is worth the <$10 ride.

I think I will play Don't Starve for the rest of the weekend before moving onto Call of Juarez.

Blizzard

Banned
Good god. The power screen in guacamelee makes my eye all teary.

They seriously need a patch were you can remove that shit.
Guacamelee is awesome, but that is one of my few complaints. I basically put my hand completely over my eyes since I feel weird/flashing lights/colors bother me, even though I've never had a full seizure.

I may have made a Steam discussions post asking for an option to turn it off, but I don't know if any of the developers saw it.

Also, the talk about killing a shopkeeper in Spelunky reminds me of Nethack. Pretty much never worth killing shopkeepers since if you're human you get a murderer penalty (may annoy your deity and makes you lose telepathy if I recall correctly), AND they're strong, and perhaps most importantly it's easier just to steal everything with a pet.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Add to Cart buttons and platform icons are now working on the wishlist in Enhanced Steam Standalone.
banderassogood.gif

I'm really liking the additions of badge completion cost and card prices. Though I really wish the cost to complete would be displayed on the full badge list page instead of having to go to each individual badge's page, so knowing what's worth completing or idling to sell would be a bit easier.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
this is great news :O haha it shouldn't conflict with any skins right?

Right, it should work with any skin and/or browser. Never thought I'd see the day that Enhanced Steam would work in Internet Explorer
but that day is today

ES in the client, it's gonna be so good!

Soooogood

I'm really liking the additions of badge completion cost and card prices. Though I really wish the cost to complete would be displayed on the full badge list page instead of having to go to each individual badge's page, so knowing what's worth completing or idling to sell would be a bit easier.

Good idea. The data is currently pulled from http://ehsankia.com/steam/ but I'll see if there is a way to merge these requests for the one page.

Do you know if its possible for you to add bigger icons for the list view with icons enabled?right now the icons are 16px,can you make them 32px?

This can only change what is being rendered in the browser portion of Steam, so it can't really do anything with the look/feel outside of the store and community pages.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Ducktales on Amazon activatable outside the US?

Yes. The only keys that are region-locked are those of the Eastern European variety.

Edit: I'm dumb and misread the sub title. There are no region-locked keys.

mrgone

I've only done it with the boulder trap and I want to say bombing one like crazy when he was stuck in a pit somehow.

Bombing like crazy or shotgunning from a safe distance are the best ways to handle them once they're out for spelunker blood. Screaming is optional (but it happens)

kurahador

Just finished my first game of 2014, Bioshock Infinite. Man, that ending hits you like a ton of bricks. A lot to take in for a 10 minute ending. Overall, I enjoyed the game. It can be repetitive and you kinda feel they wasted the Infinite universe. I loved the acting and the story though. I can see why people hate the game. Personally, it is worth the <$10 ride.

Play the dlc as well.

Grief.exe

Guacamelee is awesome, but that is one of my few complaints. I basically put my hand completely over my eyes since I feel weird/flashing lights/colors bother me, even though I've never had a full seizure.

I may have made a Steam discussions post asking for an option to turn it off, but I don't know if any of the developers saw it.

Also, the talk about killing a shopkeeper in Spelunky reminds me of Nethack. Pretty much never worth killing shopkeepers since if you're human you get a murderer penalty (may annoy your deity and makes you lose telepathy if I recall correctly), AND they're strong, and perhaps most importantly it's easier just to steal everything with a pet.

You can always tweet them, they respond on their twitter pretty regularly.

@Drinkboxstudios if I remember correctly.

wilflare

damn. tried moving my Steam installation to my D: drive
now everything in Add/Remove programs are invalid -like I can't uninstall the games from there-

Card Boy

Banned
Does Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance on Amazon still have that trick where it also gives you the original game if you input the key into Steam?

Kadin

damn. tried moving my Steam installation to my D: drive
now everything in Add/Remove programs are invalid -like I can't uninstall the games from there-

Did you add the new location in Settings > Download > Steam Library Folders ? Not sure if that will fix it, but worth a shot. That's where you can add alternate locations so it might fix it for ya, might not.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance on Amazon still have that trick where it also gives you the original game if you input the key into Steam?

Nah. Amazon accidentally incorporated SupComm Gold keys into the batch so once they dried up so too did everyone's luck. ;)

wilflare

Did you add the new location in Settings > Download > Steam Library Folders ? Not sure if that will fix it, but worth a shot. That's where you can add alternate locations so it might fix it for ya, might not.

hmm. how should i explain this.
I basically moved my Steam installation from C: to D:
all the games were installed on another folder in D:

now moving them to the Program Files (x86) directory in D: made all the uninstall references invalid ><

kurahador

Oh sweet. Batman Arkham Origins for $19.25 after code discount. Ughhhh I'm on the verge GAF, push me either way. Need opinions stat. I loved the first two, and honestly wouldn't mind more of the same for that price.

The game is technically inferior to the previous 2 with plenty of janky animation & bugs.
And there's one bug at the end that's game breaking if you're playing it with kb-m, though there's a workaround for that.

BUT the game itself is great, better than AC I think. The boss fights actually feels like a boss fight, and there are plenty of them.
Most of the side missions ties nicely into the main story, and the collectible aren't as ridiculous as AC.

Yup, I totally forgot I won a season pass from Volcynika. Been meaning to install it. How long is the dlc?

2 hours max, and that was me getting everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom