• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question. Are there any good 2player Coop-Games that came out in the last year?

I love to play some Games with my gf, but she is quite picky. I already have Rayman Legends.

Hello, hope someone can use these Humble keys. Please note that Red Alert 3 is actually Uprising and not the original game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-0524B73448DCBFAD - Taken by xJavonta. 5 entrants total.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 -- MB-CC4709CF305E3FFA - Taken by Iron Badger. 2 entrants total.
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-D76D4A0DC47A6D36 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 13 entrants total.

t1389669932z1.png

Colin.

I have no regrets with buying Pool Nation. Pretty large for a pool game though at 16gb. In terms of gameplay, it is probably the smoothest and most accurate pool game I've ever played. If like me, you enjoyed playing flash pool games online in the past, then this will serve you well. I've not tried the online mode yet, so I'm not sure how well that runs.

Damn, Nidhogg and... Asscreed Liberation HD? I kind of want both of these.

Also I'm a weak trash baby and I'm really considering that 40 dollar bundle for Guardians of Middle Earth. I know it's not a good moba, but... I want to play a moba with characters I actually give a shit about.

Get that dick.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nidhogg -- MB-231D170667DC5A0E - Taken by drizzle. 33 entrants total.

t1389660931z1.png

I'm never sure I'm doing this right, so if you have any problems PM me.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
A question. Are there any good 2player Coop-Games that came out in the last year?

I love to play some Games with my gf, but she is quite picky. I already have Rayman Legends.

Torchlight II, a Diablo like game for LAN or online play.
Guacamelee Beat-em-up with platforming and exploration of the world in "Metroid like" style. Local co-op.
Lara Croft And The Guardian Of The Light is a top down action game with co-op puzzle solving. Local and online.
Sanctum (FPS), Orcs Must Die (third person hack and slash with traps), and their sequels for tower defence.
Trine 1 and Trine 2 to enjoy side scrolling action and combat with puzzles best done while working togethr. Local co-op.
LEGO Marvel, Batman, and others with local co-op and online. Fun simple action titles, beat up enemies and collect as much as you can without too much worry or stress.
Ms. 'Splosion Man a platformer where you explode to jump, good fun though can be challenging in the bad way at times until you really master the mechanics.
SpeedRunners , competitive racing in 2D platforming with swinging mechanics.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed art racing of great fun, all competitive though obviously. Local and online.

Also nothing new to last year, but Burnout Paradise for racing online, where you work together to complete multiple "missions" such as reach a certain area in time or do a certain amount of tricks together plus the standard races two or more can do together. Online.

Whoa, got a Project Spark beta invite. That's pretty cool.

Why did I not buy Counter Strike sooner, guys? I still suck more often than not, and I feel like the guy in that one fistpumping football gif when I get a 1:1 K/D ratio. Then I'll play an Operation Bravo map and do horrible, gotta practice more I guess :lol

Not sure if this would really interest me (or if I can run it :x) so I'm gonna give someone else a chance to play around with this. I'm gonna assume that if you enter for this that you know what it's for and where to use it :p
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MarcoZombieCannon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Project Spark Beta Key -- MB-7B503DDABD0D57BA - Taken by bobnowhere. 12 entrants total.

t1389671551z1.png
EDIT: So, obviously not a Steam key.

kulapik

Man, Renegade Ops is hard as fuck. I fought the same dude 2 times, had 2 lives left, tanks and rocket launchers are all over the place, and when you think you are ending, nope, you gotta rescue some civilians. And when you rescue them, NOPE, you gotta fight the same dude from before AGAIN. Dead.

Tenrius

Just picked up Xenosaga I & II at Gamestop the other day, all ready for emulation.

Need to find the 3rd one.

How much was it? I'm also looking for those games and my best bet here is importing from an Ebay seller, possibly a UK one. The shipping is cheap, but the prices themselves are pretty steep.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I *think* jshackles tried this, and it wasn't.
Not sure though.

Kinda sad I missed a nidhogg giveaway.
On the other hand... How shit is the netcode, since I'd pretty much only play with people on the other side of the world?

Wasn't me, but I'd guess that retail copies don't activate considering people are paying upwards of $100 for Steam gifts of this game.

vg260

I have no regrets with buying Pool Nation. Pretty large for a pool game though at 16gb. In terms of gameplay, it is probably the smoothest and most accurate pool game I've ever played. If like me, you enjoyed playing flash pool games online in the past, then this will serve you well. I've not tried the online mode yet, so I'm not sure how well that runs.

Yeesh. I was gonna get that, but 16GB for a pool game is just nuts. Probably a dealbreaker.

edit: it's only a 1.1 GB DL, 4.3 GB install.

Grief.exe

How much was it? I'm also looking for those games and my best bet here is importing from an Ebay seller, possibly a UK one. The shipping is cheap, but the prices themselves are pretty steep.

There is a sale right now at Gamestop for 75% off, so I got them both for under $5.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yeah it was something about mouse acceleration or something else.
I know some people had issues with it since last time I brought the game up a few people stated as much. Also how you manage to play RE6 with a KB&M is beyond me.

I didn't seem to notice, but I also turned my mouse sensitivity up before I started, so maybe something to do with that. But I thought the controls were good. By the end of the game I was roll-dodging most attacks and getting headshots on most enemies (except those damn ninjas, I can never seem to strike any on them, except like once).

Resident Evil 6 I can understand why some maybe have some difficulties with, but it's not that complicated once you get it down, but I did change a few of my keys around.

Turfster

Wasn't me, but I'd guess that retail copies don't activate considering people are paying upwards of $100 for Steam gifts of this game.

Oh. Huh. Weird.
Wait, I think I know what happened. I combined two things. You were the Top Gun game or something, right?
(Watch that be wrong too)

Lain

Anyone has positive or negative impressions to share about Iesabel?

Also, still waiting on Greenmangaming to add steam keys for War of the Human Tanks, since I bought the Deluxe edition there and I'm hoping to get a key for that, instead of using the keys from groupees.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh. Huh. Weird.
Wait, I think I know what happened. I combined two things. You were the Top Gun game or something, right?
(Watch that be wrong too)

Yeah, Top Gun was me. The retail version has Steam logos on the packaging and says that it requires Steam to play. In reality, it installs with a stand-alone version of Steam (the old, ugly, green one) that crashes when you launch it.

Anyone has positive or negative impressions to share about Iesabel?

Not yet, but I'm going to try it out tonight. I'll post my impressions here later.

EDIT: All this talk about James Bond games, I think I found my 1,500th game:

H7wifP1.png

Yay.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-BB3C08CC27F6A2B6 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 22 entrants total.

t1389676682z1.png

I've had a weird account thing where games are registered to my account, but don't show up in my library. Steam support finally got back to me, and said to delete everything within the Steam folder except for Steam.exe, and my Steamapps folder. They said this won't affect currently installed games, which makes sense as they would be in the Steamapps folder.

It still feels weird though. I would assume most of that would just repopulate upon relaunching Steam, but would that affect my unpublished screenshots or anything? Just feels wild to delete all of those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom