• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dino D-Day -- MB-A838C0C356BBBAEE
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-EA961DA63331B3A3
The Ship Complete Pack -- MB-E6E2AA0CCC768D22
Shattered Horizon -- MB-8A229B355DED1F8F
Men of War -- MB-B78079576A899F89
Bad Rats -- MB-FD74ECB384DAC596
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-826F0F7AABC2D8A3

t1389767852z1.png

Anteater

also I was hoping this game would be better. yes, every time a character opens their mouth the most hilarious nonsense comes out of it and everything is super cool shit but the gameplay itself was pretty disappointing for me

I wanted dmc3 and got dmc4. it's not awful but I'm not gonna replay it for ages

to be honest, I just don't like it

don't like how mashy it feels (my brother told me not to bother with combos so I basically just mash whenever I'm allowed to damage enemies), I hate the lock-on system, the sai and the scissors thingies suck hard (the polearm is pretty great tho) and I just don't feel like I'm doing anything special or that I'm getting better or learning anything.

pretty much what happens to me with god of war, it feels like it's all show and no substance

I like the game but majority of the enemies kind of feel like "stun the enemy so you could mash combos/blade mode it", a lot of times it doesn't feel as engaging as other action games because it's heavily focused on the parrying aspect, in other action games enemies do get stunned but you don't rely on that to do heavy damage. I played through it once but often it still feels like "mash attacks until it glows blue", the aerial combat also seems lacking because basically it's hard to see what's underneath you so you don't have much room to play around, because you risk fucking up the targeting or camera and miss a parrying opportunity.

There are some bosses where it feels like you and the boss are just taking turns doing combos, you stun it when they do their waves of attacks so you can go up and do yours.

edit: i just noticed i have used the word "feel" way too many times

Time to give back.
Seems to be a popular/wished for title.
Hopefully the winner likes it a lot more than I did.

Modbot screwed up. It's for Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Brothers -- MB-696CAFC283EBA68E - Taken by Reg. 39 entrants total.

t1389693827z1.png

Fox318

Pool Nation looks tempting but I'm not sure how much I would really play it.

Also Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed is fucking fantastic.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What did you guys manage to sell for that amount?

That is pretty significant, congratulations!

That's not a sale receipt. ;) He added $7.50 to his Wallet -- Enhanced Steam allows you to add any custom amount provided it's higher than the minimum fund level ($5).

Edit: Ninja'd.

zkylon

zkylewd
I like the game but majority of the enemies kind of feel like "stun the enemy so you could mash combos/blade mode it", a lot of times it doesn't feel as engaging as other action games because it's heavily focused on the parrying aspect, in other action games enemies do get stunned but you don't rely on that to do heavy damage. I played through it once but often it still feels like "mash attacks until it glows blue", the aerial combat also seems lacking because basically it's hard to see what's underneath you so you don't have much room to play around, because you risk fucking up the targeting or camera and miss a parrying opportunity.

There are some bosses where it feels like you and the boss are just taking turns doing combos, you stun it when they do their waves of attacks so you can go up and do yours.

yea, the aerial combat is mostly for checking it off the list, for me the launcher is for some reason is really hard to pull off and then when they're in the air you can't really juggle too much.

and the stunning thing is another pretty big issue, since it makes your own attacking feel kind of weak

in general the game for me is just weak, I should probably just play it on normal and enjoy it for what it is but yea not even close to bayo or vanquish for me.

and all of this really makes me want to buy a freaking wii u for bayo 2 lol.

Carm

Apologies if it's been mentioned already but you can grab The Banner Saga Deluxe Edtion at Gamefly for 17.99 in the US with their 25% off code, or regular edition for cheaper.

thanks, entered the raffles posted still going. you are very kind to do so.

gotta say Nidhogg is worth it for many reasons, but if you want content, it's slim, but what's there is super solid and very fun. Probably the best damn game you can turn on at a party.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
South Park should have a canada only version

That's a good idea, buddy.

South Park is an IP near and dear to my heart. It was one of the few things my dad and I bonded over when I was a kid. My parents got divorced when I was in elementary school, and I only got to see my dad every other weekend. When the first episode of South Park came on (the Saturday rebroadcast), I was over there and we watched it. We were hooked. Since it was an amicable divorce, my dad asked if I could start coming over on every other Wednesday as well as every other weekend. That way, we were able to watch South Park every week. It had to be our secret, because my mom would've had a shit if she found out I was watching it at that age. She wasn't even okay with The Simpsons.

I'll be there day one for Stick of Truth. These delays have only caused my excitement to grow.

That's a good idea, buddy.

South Park is an IP near and dear to my heart. It was one of the few things my dad and I bonded over when I was a kid. My parents got divorced when I was in elementary school, and I only got to see my dad every other weekend. When the first episode of South Park came on (the Saturday rebroadcast), I was over there and we watched it. We were hooked. Since it was an amicable divorce, my dad asked if I could start coming over on every other Wednesday as well as every other weekend. That way, we were able to watch South Park every week. It had to be our secret, because my mom would've had a shit if she found out I was watching it at that age. She wasn't even okay with The Simpsons.

I'll be there day one for Stick of Truth. These delays have only caused my excitement to grow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuQK6t2Esng

Cool story (for real)

Looking forward to Stick of Truth too after seeing the little segment on VGX.

Jusoni

Oh man I just bought Cook Serve Delicious. What am I in for GAF? Demo was awesome, had to get it.

You're in for an awesome, fun, challenging and rewarding experience. A bit grindy at sometimes, but not too much. I clocked in almost 22 hours with it, and got my 5 star platinum restaurant I deserved!

Also, I'm doing a giveaway for To the moon and Surgeon simulator in a jiffy. Stay tuned.

BrazilGAF may be about to help out a bit there.

Yeah, but fortunately I'd developed the habit of backing it up. Even so, 3 times and counting is a tad ridiculous.

I was going to say... you should have learned after the first time. ;)

Like I should talk though -- my effin' OCD made me delete my actual MGR:R save and cost me several hours of work.
At least now I'm back to and beyond of where I was before.

South Park will have the dubious honour of being the first game region-locked to Australia:

The German and RU/CIS subs also have the runtime restriction but that's not overly surprising.

Didn't they cut something out of SRIV for us Aussies? I assume there is some dumb censorship reason, drugs I imagine, to set aside a separate category. Or are they just trying to enforce the Australia Tax with no way to avoid it. If it is then they can get farked!

gnomed

Come in here and there's Xenosaga talk a page ago, thinking there is going to be a port or something. Never played that game, only Xenogears.

Jusoni

Some humble leftovers. Stay humble peeps!
Edit: It's Surgeon simulator really, I accidentaly typed in Reus.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Surgeon simulator -- MB-C5ED75F6597AD166 - Taken by didamangi. 6 entrants total.
To the moon -- MB-13A0C0326E00D1C5 - Taken by Coldsun. 4 entrants total.

t1389689597z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Didn't they cut something out of SRIV for us Aussies? I assume there is some dumb censorship reason, drugs I imagine, to set aside a separate category.

SRIV's probe weapon and use of drugs as incentives were cut from the Australian version. Ubisoft seemingly pre-emptively censored South Park when submitting it to the OFLC, not unlike R* with GTAIV back in 2008; Player Attack claims the game was previously refused classification twice when submitted with under the title of "Codename", however although the author of the article cites quotes there is nothing in the classification database to corroborate this.

Or are they just trying to enforce the Australia Tax with no way to avoid it. If it is then they can get farked!

If someone in Asia/America/Europe-but-not-Germany-and-Eastern-Europe gifted it to you, you'd be fine as it's only the Aussie, German and Eastern Euro subs that are region-locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom