• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, so the next Javadots has appeared. 'twas prophesied in the old scriptures.

The lord of modbot winnings,
the man of reddit home,
the thief beneath the servers,
shall come into his own.
GAF detectives will ring in alarm at the spirit thief's return.
But all shall fall in sadness and the site will shine and burn.

kulapik

image.php

"Look how rich I became with your generosity"

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Also, huh... I just noticed that Cold Fear's Steam Store page was updated with new screenshots since the Winter Sale. There used to only be five screenshots, and now there's more, and a few more showing some stuff a bit later in the game. Wonder if there's any reason for that.

Kuroyume

Banned
I've seen Xpadder mentioned more than pinnacle, so I'll assume that one.

Also, hope you enjoy Cold Fear! A word to the wise, if the game crashes when it starts after the first time, delete res.bin in the game's Steamapp folder, that file has some issues on newer PCs as it tries to launch the game at some weird resolution. This all said, I did like Cold Fear, it's not amazing but is a nice RE-clone game.

Checked out the first area the other day an was impressed with the graphics for an old game. The atmosphere was pretty sweet with the storm raging around the ship. Thanks for the head's up btw.

Zeknurn

Also, huh... I just noticed that Cold Fear's Steam Store page was updated with new screenshots since the Winter Sale. There used to only be five screenshots, and now there's more, and a few more showing some stuff a bit later in the game. Wonder if there's any reason for that.

Cold Fear is set on a boat. Half-Life 2: Episode 3 ARG confirmed.

Deques

Bringing up the mood now

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shadowgrounds -- MB-E1807C80AAB0A5A6 - Taken by Man Puncher. 10 entrants total.
Two Worlds II -- MB-C1BF3E795659F83D - Taken by Ryne. 17 entrants total.
Shadowgrounds Survivor -- MB-AB88CABB91698307 - Taken by Knurek. 11 entrants total.

t1389703862z1.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Checked out the first area the other day an was impressed with the graphics for an old game. The atmosphere was pretty sweet with the storm raging around the ship. Thanks for the head's up btw.

Of course, and yes, and this is one thing I think Cold Fear does really well, is its environments. It has a lot of other cool areas throughout the game, and they utilize the ocean setting, for things like ocean waves that can sweep you off deck in the first areas, and to not give anything away, some that'll happen near the beginning as well will include rooms that are partially flooded and furniture that sweeps back and forth on decks.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I've seen Xpadder mentioned more than pinnacle, so I'll assume that one.

I used Xpadder until I discovered Pinnacle. Barring someone pointing out something nefarious about it, I'd never go back. It's made it incredibly easy to map controls for the DS4.

milena87

I''m pre-loading the game now, hopefully I can understand the combat. Apparently some of the RPS guys couldn't make it work for them.

I've read the article as well. Having played the tutorial and a few bits of Factions I can see where they're coming from.

They didn't play it on Easy, though. It might be more accessible that way, even for players not used to turn based strategy (like me... I totally suck at it).

Reposting, still a key left:
It's not much, but here it is if someone is missing them:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-D687AB02B3E042CA
Limbo -- MB-14813B0128480502 - Taken by Dolken. 2 entrants total.

t1389656746z1.png

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'm finished. It's up to the mods to decide if he's gone, and at the very least he'll be blacklisted from future giveaways.

Modbot is the best. I just don't want scummy people to fuck up the good time.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Rising is a Metal Gear game through and through. Last night I spent 25 minutes in a row just listening to optional codec conversations, and I had done the same the night before (taking to different characters several times to hear everything they had to say). It's weird to see this in an action game, but I can't not listen to it.

Jawmuncher

Love it.

Man, Rising is a Metal Gear game through and through. Last night I spent 25 minutes in a row just listening to optional codec conversations, and I had done the same the night before (taking to different characters several times to hear everything they had to say). It's weird to see this in an action game, but I can't not listen to it.

I have to say I disagree. While including the codec conversations was a nice touch. Overall the whole game feels like it's missing something. Which to me seems to be the slower moments or scene's that question the player. About the only time where MGR felt like a honest to goodness MG game was basically any moment with jetstream sam and Raiden talking. Especially the when he's commenting on all the people Raiden had killed up to that point.

Twinduct

No idea why, but I only enter Raffles.
Think it's less about the content and more about active reminder that the universe hates me.

Parsnip

Any of you guys familiar with Xpadder or pinnacle?

http://www.xpadder.com/
http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

I want to play Cold Fear with the 360 pad and I'm not sure which is best and safer to use.

Both would probably be fine.
Personally I use Pinnacle because it can see the xbox guide button as well, which xpadder didn't, last time I tried it.
So even if game supports xinput natively, I have the guide button set up to take a screenshot if I tap it, and record thelast 20 minutes of gameplay through ShadowPlay if I hold it for a few secs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom