• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra_Ex

Granted that's all true. Especially the Lightning Bolt Action. But still it's pretty evident that it's a Platinum Game far more than a MG game. Which isn't necessarily bad but it makes me wonder what the original Rising would have been like. Since I know the original story was scrapped. Honestly kind of surprised the story they went with since it's pretty quick. But then again I blame that more on the rushed development.
Yeah, for me the leap from Metal Gear 4 to Rising with regards to the spread of cyborg tech was too great, in Rising suddenly everyone was a cyborg, you just had legions of them casually strutting around. It was like the plot of the Terminator films was unfolding but nobody gave a shit. Gameplay wise its a fun game but I have trouble thinking of it as part of the Metal Gear franchise.

Also woth a mention: since the PS3 powers on automatically whenever the controller is, you might wanna keep that in mind.
This shouldn't happen when it's paired with your PC, or at least it doesn't for me.

Again.. an apologies to fellow gaffer, that i broke modbot rules and participate in already won giveaway. my motives to giveaway those games which i already posses in fb community. I will be giving away more in this thread in every hour. until you guys forgive me.
sorry for my broken english (language barrier)

Thanks for Bit Trip Runner 2. Looking for a good platformer to add to my collection :)

confuziz

Banned
Again.. an apologies to fellow gaffer, that i broke modbot rules and participate in already won giveaway. my motives to giveaway those games which i already posses in fb community. I will be giving away more in this thread in every hour. until you guys forgive me.
sorry for my broken english (language barrier)

Thanks for Papo =)

For GAF by GAF

ModBot said:
Instructions for VikasNarula:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gunman Clive -- MB-20AAB9ADACC7E86E - Taken by Addnan

Kiru

Question. So it's ok to claim games here on GAF and then giving them away on other Sites, for example steamgifts.com for free? WTF

Sendou

Question. So it's ok to claim games here on GAF and then giving them away on other Sites, for example steamgifts.com for free? WTF

No, it's not okay. In this case a poster fucked up and is trying to make up for it which is respectable. If not specifically mentioned otherwise you should only take codes for your own use.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

No it isn't. Which is why most people show their ire to people that do that. Stump generally blacklists those people.

VoidZero

Banned
Here's a raffle:
ModBot said:
Instructions for VoidZero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-FA1101057B3C5E31 - Taken by nicjac. 3 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-46CC3A4A3B2E117E
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-CD1B1C9585B8CF02 - Taken by user237. 5 entrants total.

t1389714979z1.png

Kiru

Ok thanks for confirming what I thought in the first place. That wording with "profit" confused me a bit in connection to this incident.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, for me the leap from Metal Gear 4 to Rising with regards to the spread of cyborg tech was too great, in Rising suddenly everyone was a cyborg, you just had legions of them casually strutting around. It was like the plot of the Terminator films was unfolding but nobody gave a shit. Gameplay wise its a fun game but I have trouble thinking of it as part of the Metal Gear franchise.

While I don't mind it as canon I do agree that the jump from MGS4 to Rising is a big one.
Really does feel like something should be inbetween.

Luthos

Picked up Mark of the Ninja in the winter sale, and just now getting around to it. About 3 levels in right now, and I'm really digging it. Been killing a lot though. Would be interesting to do a run that kills the least amount you can (I don't know if you're ever required to.)

Also, I'm not in the Steam GAF group. If anybody's willing to invite me, that'd be swell. Here is my account.

1) Oh how I would loath having a cable stretching from the TV across the living room to my couch.

2) RPG and Platformers. Survival Horrors are also a big plus- so the Alan Wake recommendation is one I will look at. I enjoy strategy games as well, but they don't lend themselves to controller play so we can nix that. :)

XCOM EU works well with a controller if all the posts saying this in the OT are anything to go by. I'm using kb&m for the game so can't personally comment but there is a demo on Steam which gives a tiny sense of what the game offers if you think you might be interested in it. I've played it for almost 200 hours so far so unsurprisingly I heartily commend it to you :).

Dolken

Neo Member
Thanks for the invite Sendou. By the way, while using SAM to idle for cards in Bastion I unknowingly unlocked all of the achievements. Having locked them again, am I safe to assume that everything is alright now?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't believe it's been 8 or so months since the Steam Community beta and I still can't invite people to groups using Firefox.

XCOM EU works well with a controller if all the posts saying this in the OT are anything to go by. I'm using kb&m for the game so can't personally comment but there is a demo on Steam which gives a tiny sense of what the game offers if you think you might be interested in it. I've played it for almost 200 hours so far so unsurprisingly I heartily commend it to you :).

Cheers! I had it for the PS3 for awhile and it I actually picked it up during the Winter sale for cheap. I never finished it on the PS3 but completely forgot it was in my library (ugh I should do something about that).

That is a good one to add to my list :)

While I don't mind it as canon I do agree that the jump from MGS4 to Rising is a big one.
Really does feel like something should be inbetween.

You know, with each game the canon becomes gradually more fucked and slightly less enriched. I don't really understand Kojima's obsession with Big Boss, as if he's a really tragic figure whose back story needs to be explored in multiple games. He should have tied up Big Boss with MGS3 and one more game. I can't wait to play Rising though, looks really good, but I am starting to get bored with Big Boss and that whole mythology surrounding his era and character. He's not as interesting as you think, Hideo.

vermadas

So I bought a dualshock 4 controller and finally got a bluetooth adapter to pair it and get it set up. I'm still not sure if I like it more than the 360 controller yet for analog heavy games, but having the touchpad support with the XInput wrapper is awesome. I try to play my games from the couch whenever possible, and Risk of Rain annoyed me because the gamepad wouldn't work in the menus. Using the DS4 touchpad for menu navigation worked swimmingly.

confuziz

Banned
It's something!

ModBot said:
Instructions for confuziz:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Half-Life 2- -- MB-C9B8197C02269804 - Taken by nightstorm. 4 entrants total.

t1389706787z1.png

Twinduct

Man been working quite a bit this last two weeks. Had a dream I bought Wargames Airland Battle for cheap from gamer-tap.

Turns out no dream I bought it for 9 usd!
One of the games I completely missed during the sale!

Huzzah!

Jawmuncher

You know, with each game the canon becomes gradually more fucked and slightly less enriched. I don't really understand Kojima's obsession with Big Boss, as if he's a really tragic figure whose back story needs to be explored in multiple games. He should have tied up Big Boss with MGS3 and one more game. I can't wait to play Rising though, looks really good, but I am starting to get bored with Big Boss and that whole mythology surrounding his era and character. He's not as interesting as you think, Hideo.

Definitely won't disagree with you there.
Big Boss has been far to prominent. But then again Hideo kind of screwed himself since MGS4 wraps ups Snakes Story. Since it looks like the future of MGS is what he wants to leave to his team when he finally decides to stop making MGS games. All I have been wanting since MGS4 is a remake of Metal Gear 1 and 2. That way we can get solid snake back and actually have the original games far more playable this day and age.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anno 1404 said:
15 days ago Changed Depots

33251/encryptedmanifests/beta/encrypted_gid: * hidden *
33252/encryptedmanifests/beta/encrypted_gid: * hidden *
33253/encryptedmanifests/beta/encrypted_gid: * hidden *
33254/encryptedmanifests/beta/encrypted_gid: * hidden *
33255/encryptedmanifests/beta/encrypted_gid: * hidden *
branches/beta/buildid: 52252
branches/beta/description: Beta update
branches/beta/pwdrequired: 1