• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how keys mount up. Even found a few that I hadn't claimed. Have fun and don't sell, trade, give them away etc.
I give keys with the intention of use by those participating in these Steam threads. Not for a friend of their dog walkers cousin.

That said, its a multi-entry giveaway for a bunch of old bundle keys. Enter for them all if you like.

I want to participate but
ay59KEp_460sa.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Better yet, 250+ Steam score

488+ posts in the current of previous thread, 250+ Steam score, and at least one Saoirse gif posted in the past 24 hours. :p

Maybe I'll give it another shot one day.

Why do you want to win your own giveaways???

For the thrill of winning something. :(

A man's unwanted bundle games is another man's library increaser. :D

Very true!

It's not coming Jase. It was all a ruse by Ubisoft

You're thinking of a different game. :p

You have given more keys for games than most people's gamecount on steam. Think about it.

I think those people should buy more games! ;)

Fox318

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dino D-Day -- MB-A838C0C356BBBAEE
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-EA961DA63331B3A3
The Ship Complete Pack -- MB-E6E2AA0CCC768D22
Shattered Horizon -- MB-8A229B355DED1F8F
Men of War -- MB-B78079576A899F89
Bad Rats -- MB-FD74ECB384DAC596
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-826F0F7AABC2D8A3

t1389767852z1.png
Still time to win bad rats

Dolor

Sorry to dredge it back up. I've been busy lately and just skimmed/caught up with the thread.

The VikasNarula thing is deplorable WHATTHEABSOLUTEFUCK has his race got to do with any of it?! Mocking his broken english? Seriously GAF?!

I thought we were a better class of people on here.

I think some of the shitheads using the racial crap should face their own perma-bans

I was skimming the repsonses to Vikasgate and missed this, but I agree with the sentiment here. What he did was against the rules. He appears to be legitimate in trying to undo the damage, but his race and/or ability to speak english has fuck all to do with the actual issue.

Ptaaty

VikasNarula's behavior is just ridiculous....

I guess I am cynical, but his "make things right" giving back is weak. They are all Humble keys from the latest bundle which can be had for pennies.

Also, I don't understand how he won that absurdly long list of games and feigning ignorance. I mean really...he put some major effort into pulling in every key he could. I have entered 10+ and won nothing.

Just sad to see one of the awesome tools (Modbot) and the goodwill of people run taken advantage of. This is why we can't have nice things, because so many people suck.

I guess I am cynical, but his "make things right" giving back is weak. They are all Humble keys from the latest bundle which can be had for pennies.

Also, I don't understand how he won that absurdly long list of games and feigning ignorance. I mean really...he put some major effort into pulling in every key he could. I have entered 10+ and won nothing.

Just sad to see one of the awesome tools (Modbot) and the goodwill of people run taken advantage of. This is why we can't have nice things, because so many people suck.

unfortunately this isn't the first time something like this has happened. I think it really has less to do with number of times you win and what you actually do with the keys.

Problems arise when people win a bunch of keys....and don't use them for their own. Obviously, the more you enter, the more you win. The abuse and issues come up when people try and flip the keys they get.

Personally, I don't care how many keys a person wins....as long as they redeem them themselves. (Giving to family/friends i'm fine with as well)

Soule

Amazing how keys mount up. Even found a few that I hadn't claimed. Have fun and don't sell, trade, give them away etc.
I give keys with the intention of use by those participating in these Steam threads. Not for a friend of their dog walkers cousin.

That said, its a multi-entry giveaway for a bunch of old bundle keys. Enter for them all if you like.
Great giveaway mate, so many keys and on games I haven't even seen before. Worms golf and pinball haha awesome

Still time to win bad rats
I'm in for bad rats! Also, the pic for Shattered Horizon is beautiful, pity I had so much trouble finding people to play against on it, thought it was a great game.

I want to participate but
ay59KEp_460sa.gif

I missed all this drama but the last few pages seem to be quite a strong apology, I for one appreciate the effort to correct whatever wrong you may have committed.

Acccent

just stop talking about vikas already

block him from your giveaways if you want, and the mods will ban him if they think it's necessary, but there's no need to discuss the issue further it's getting ridiculous

edit: I
proudly
don't have bad rats either hehe

Dario ff

Banned
What are some prominent local-only coop games on Steam that never got online functionality? I've already thought about emulators with dodgy netplay modes.

The Steam Streaming beta is making me want to test something out when that launches over a VPN with someone with 20ms ping. Nvidia's Shield Streaming + Limelight barely lets me configure anything and it's a very janky solution. Steam's streaming update even already has a bitrate setting if that SteamDB post is accurate.

That and if the Streaming Clients are nice it could be a nice little solution for setting up a private stream for someone without having to go through setting up a custom server, and avoiding Twitch altogether. And it's not like 100-200ms delays are gonna be a big deal if it's used for viewing only anyway. Certainly not when compared to the nearly 30s-1m delays of Twitch.

unfortunately this isn't the first time something like this has happened. I think it really has less to do with number of times you win and what you actually do with the keys.

Problems arise when people win a bunch of keys....and don't use them for their own. Obviously, the more you enter, the more you win. The abuse and issues come up when people try and flip the keys they get.

Personally, I don't care how many keys a person wins....as long as they redeem them themselves. (Giving to family/friends i'm fine with as well)

Given how many of us use Enhanced Steam, it would be handy if somehow ModBot could see if you already own the game on the giveaway.

(It would also help the distracted-ass users such as me, who participated on a Mark of the Ninja raffle unaware I already had the game :/ I ended giving it to another fellow Gaffer).

just stop talking about vikas already

block him from your giveaways if you want, and the mods will ban him if they think it's necessary, but there's no need to discuss the issue further it's getting ridiculous

Discussing blatant racism is getting ridiculous?

Nah nah, you're right. Let's just sweep it under the carpet shall we boys? What was that about Bad Rats?

This is the first time in like 7 years that I have been embarrassed to be a GAF member...

Nabs

What are some prominent local-only coop games on Steam that never got online functionality? I've already thought about emulators with dodgy netplay modes.

The Steam Streaming beta is making me want to test something out when that launches over a VPN with someone with 20ms ping. Nvidia's Shield Streaming + Limelight barely lets me configure anything and it's a very janky solution. Steam's streaming update even already has a bitrate setting if that SteamDB post is accurate.

That and if the Streaming Clients are nice it could be a nice little solution for setting up a private stream for someone without having to go through setting up a custom server, and avoiding Twitch altogether. And it's not like 100-200ms delays are gonna be a big deal if it's used for viewing only anyway. Certainly not when compared to the nearly 30s-1m delays of Twitch.

Guacamelee?

Knurek

Bad Herpes?

AKA the conclusion of Bad Rads, Bad Bots and Bad Herpes trilogy?

//EDIT: I think I have an unused FEZ key from Humble Bundle (not 100% sure if it hasn't been redeemed by a friend though). If anyone wants it, best 'dealwithit' paint pic posted in the next 2 hours gets it PMed.

Shepard

Man, when will Valve update their client? The Steam community within the app has such a strong potential, but everything is so slow and limited that it kinda takes away the joy of participating. Even the interface feels like it's stuck in the 90's

Its just a start, still more to come.

There is nothing wrong with tool, i participated like everbody else. Its all luck.
i can totally understand the disappointment even i faced lot of time on steamgifts.com

Nah nah, you're right. Let's just sweep it under the carpet shall we boys? What was that about Bad Rats?

This is the first time in like 7 years that I have been embarrassed to be a GAF member...

I believe hes referring to the discussion of what Vikes did as being ridiculous, not the reaction by the community.

The-Bean

Man I wish Shattered Horizon had a single-player campaing. I really want a nice looking game set in outer space kind of like Gravity.

Not exactly what you're after but it does have bots. Been a while since I've played though, I can't remember if they're any good.

liezryou

Talking about stereotyping... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52235469&postcount=611. Get off your high horse please.

whoa, so you can get spelunky for $5? are these keys a form of cryptocurrency then?

Keys are basically tradeable steam wallet.

Teleglitch seems pretty fun. Strangely, even though it has some ardent supporters on GAF, it seems nobody's really played very much of it.
I've only gotten to world 3 every now and then for the short time that I've played Teleglitch, but I have yet to discover much about weapon / upgrade combinations and so forth. Going to put more time into it whenever I'm on a bad Spelunky day though, maybe even look up on what's important in case I missed something as I advance further into various facilities. I'm enjoying it a lot, even with the audio making me anxious.

yea I'm probably gonna dial it up to normal (I just beat a level so no need to replay big chunks of game) and try to just have fun with it

I can usually tolerate a lot before getting annoyed but something about the camera, the shallow combo system and some encounters just frustrated me and now I'm kind of jaded when I choose to go and launch the game.

I really like the boss battles, tho, and all the insanity platinum came up with. pmcs making child cyborg killer machines by stealing their brains and uhhh something something killing all the police in denver? who came up with this shit, it's fucking amazing

but I think I've gotten to a point where every japanese game I play on pc just makes me wish I could trade them all for bayonetta :p
Even though you're on the mark with some of the complaints you listed, other ones strike me more as a "growing pains" kind of ordeal considering you've only recently started out with the game. Yeah, the combo system isn't too deep and neither are your options in weaponry compared to the all-time greats of the genre (which admittedly are usually heavily-expanded sequels), but a few of the things that irk you need to be looked at slightly differently I feel. Monsoon's Sai and those pincers / scissors you unlock after Sundowner are both good side-weapons; just niche in their purpose given their limited move list. The former has good stun potential against enemies you want to immediatedly focus on whereas the latter turns bosses into mincemeat; those fights are usually 1 vs 1 so you typically don't have to worry about lesser foes interrupting your long animations or charge set-ups. The polearm is more versatile in comparison, but even that one has an ideal situation (like eliminating those mini-bots as you're dueling a Mastiff or Mistral) with its wide area-of-effect.

Not going to deny that the camera can be a huge pain-in-the-ass, but if you treat lock-on priorities like you would in Dark Souls - namely, not crucial against bigger foes and more suited for when the enemy approaches you in small numbers - then keeping track of who or what you're facing isn't as cumbersome as it initially appears. And I hope you bought specific moves in the store if you feel you're not completely in control of Raiden: Defensive Offense for a more aggressive playstyle to avoid unblockable moves (with the yellow glow) given its massive window of invincibility without sacrificing your momentum, the auto-aim divekick (Falling something) for easy Blade Mode kills on those air units and that one-inch punch looking move to help disperse a crowd if they're surrounding you. Hard difficulty also forces you to get remotely decent at blocking / parrying; balance that in conjunction with Defensive Offense + Blade Mode cancels and Hard doesn't seem so bad anymore with a bit of practice and understanding of x enemy's weaknesses.

If you still don't like it much then that's fair, but I (much like Rickenslacker) also liken it more to something such as God Hand rather than Devil May Cry given how basic it is. Here's hoping they're actually allowed to make a sequel this time around.

liezryou

I knew that someone would dig through my post history to try and find something insinuating. You are too predictable.

My point still stand. Thank you for contributing absolutely nothing to the conversation.

"I know I've done something wrong in the past, but since i KNOW it's ok. I can still point out other people doing the same and act like I'm above you all."

Allrighty, let's put one of my Amazon coupons to good use. Here's a little giveaway for you guys. It is a good game in spite of the very vocal minority in here who like to hate on it. Enjoy my friends and fellow gaffers!

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock Infinite- -- MB-6F2E46820FFE89F4 - Taken by Santini. 48 entrants total.

t1389722583z1.png

liezryou

Allrighty, let's put one of my Amazon coupons to good use. Here's a little giveaway for you guys. It is a good game in spite of the very vocal minority in here who like to hate on it. Enjoy my friends and fellow gaffers!

Awesome giveaway, extremely deep game that i barely understood thx to GAF thread about 12039812093812 timelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom