• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruteUA

I've got enough card money for 3 copies of Bad Rats. Maybe it's time for ModBot to serve up some justice with a few anonymous mystery game giveaways.

milena87

Picked up Mark of the Ninja in the winter sale, and just now getting around to it. About 3 levels in right now, and I'm really digging it. Been killing a lot though. Would be interesting to do a run that kills the least amount you can (I don't know if you're ever required to.)

Also, I'm not in the Steam GAF group. If anybody's willing to invite me, that'd be swell. Here is my account.

That reminds me that I bought the DLC during the sale. I should try that.
Anyway, I really liked Mark of the Ninja and I usually slaughtered everyone in sight. I did a pacifist level, though. The second or third one, don't exactly recall.

However, it was too fun to kill those poor guards and I soon went back to my murderous ways.

Acccent

huh I just learned that I won't ever be able to play Nidhogg's online multiplayer at work since it's apparently peer-to-peer :'(
ibp2LK5InJzXhS.png

well at least I got IT to unlock frozen endzone for me
iYtmB9WIHbjbj.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They are teasing, or you are? or both?

I'm saying I'm impatient. :p I didn't think the beta patches would take more than a couple of weeks to roll out, although I'm operating under the assumption that the Anno/Dawn of Discovery patch is 1.3 and the Venice expansion patch 2.1 -- i.e. the very same patches that have existed for years; if, however, Ubi's going the extra mile and incorporating the community patches into the games (or implementing the fixes itself) then the wait is perfectly understandable.

Arthea

I'm saying I'm impatient. :p I didn't think the beta patches would take more than a couple of weeks to roll out, although I'm operating under the assumption that the Anno/Dawn of Discovery patch is 1.3 and the Venice expansion patch 2.1 -- i.e. the very same patches that have existed for years.

you think that implementing uplay is easy task?!
sorry, I had to :(
trying not to be disappointed, when they will do just that
oh Odin, I still hope they won't

I think our post limit of "no lurkers" is way too low.
5 posts is almost nothing regarding the many Steam and sales thread.

Maybe an increase would help weed out some prize farmers.

Sorry to dredge it back up. I've been busy lately and just skimmed/caught up with the thread.

The VikasNarula thing is deplorable WHATTHEABSOLUTEFUCK has his race got to do with any of it?! Mocking his broken english? Seriously GAF?!

I thought we were a better class of people on here.

I think some of the shitheads using the racial crap should face their own perma-bans.

And to Vikas, shame on you.

aWZ4OGA_460sa.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship -- MB-8A57826717EFBB6D

t1389718083z1.png

I go to download pool nation and its said I needed 17gb then I go to download it and it is downloading only 1.1gb wonder why youd need 17gb for that unless its some sort of odd error

Lain

I wish Ubi would do the cool thing and hand me a steam key for the anno1404+expansion they gave me as a download link (not even an uplay download, those bastards) once it's back on Steam.

Acccent

is there a way to see a full modbot history that includes things you've given away and were claimed?

sending 'my loot' only shows unclaimed keys.

talking about unclaimed stuff:
ModBot said:
blah blah PM to ModBot
rule = dont be a jerk

Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-A86767B2D614E2C7 - Taken by S1n1st3r

I'm conflicted over playing more Cook, Serve, Delicious! or starting up a Telltale series.

Have Sam and Max (of some variety), Back to the Future or Walking Dead to choose from.

Walking Dead is the obvious standout, but I already got up to and finished Episode 3 on Xbox 360 quite a while back, before suddenly stopping - tempted to leave it a bit longer before starting over.

Back to the Future sounds good, but I just hope the puzzles are better than some of the ones in the Wallace and Gromit games...talk about guesswork :/

is there a way to see a full modbot history that includes things you've given away and were claimed?

sending 'my loot' only shows unclaimed keys.

talking about unclaimed stuff:

I'm pretty sure it explains how to do it in ModBot official thread. It's worked for me when I've tried it.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I'd guess that I've given out well over 600 keys by now, but to be fair they're mostly unwanted bundle games rather than the likes of, say, The Banner Saga.
You have given more keys for games than most people's gamecount on steam. Think about it.

Sorry to dredge it back up. I've been busy lately and just skimmed/caught up with the thread.

The VikasNarula thing is deplorable WHATTHEABSOLUTEFUCK has his race got to do with any of it?! Mocking his broken english? Seriously GAF?!

I thought we were a better class of people on here.

I think some of the shitheads using the racial crap should face their own perma-bans.

And to Vikas, shame on you.

I tend to agree with this. I was actually surprised when said individuals weren't banned this morning to be honest.

Acccent

I'm pretty sure it explains how to do it in ModBot official thread. It's worked for me when I've tried it.

hm, unless I missed it thrice, I think it's not there. 'my loot' is the command that gives you the games youv'e won and your unclaimed keys, but it doesn't show your successful giveaways. Maybe that just doesn't exist

kafiend

Amazing how keys mount up. Even found a few that I hadn't claimed. Have fun and don't sell, trade, give them away etc.
I give keys with the intention of use by those participating in these Steam threads. Not for a friend of their dog walkers cousin.

That said, its a multi-entry giveaway for a bunch of old bundle keys. Enter for them all if you like.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-D76400925E589DB5 - Taken by adriano999. 3 entrants total.
Warlock Master of the Arcane -- MB-28E7DD13E8887CB4 - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 8 entrants total.
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-EE3550834C3F8787 - Taken by SSPssp
Atom Zombie Smasher -- MB-6B7309DCB62DCB33 - Taken by topyy. 7 entrants total.
King's Bounty: The Legend -- MB-D98D0FC30E7CA64E - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 2 entrants total.
Worms Armageddon -- MB-5738F25142B02D48 - Taken by Relax.MX. 7 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-A15FA4A9AD75F376 - Taken by PorkWing. 3 entrants total.
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-733BFDC29A65FD21 - Taken by Brainsaw. 10 entrants total.
Worms Reloaded -- MB-607646B26E4D75BE - Taken by Camel Master. 7 entrants total.
The Bard's Tale -- MB-86F4F70456EF52B6 - Taken by StAidan. 9 entrants total.
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-D568004642FC12C6 - Taken by user237. 4 entrants total.
Europa Universalis 3 -- MB-408934743D3034F8 - Taken by astrogamer. 3 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-DFCBAC99FF8E2686 - Taken by Tactics. 4 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Steam Key -- MB-6023FA6873198DC8 - Taken by bkw. 3 entrants total.
Anodyne -- MB-F29137B6C5180B2F - Taken by Ingueferroque. 7 entrants total.
Worms Pinball -- MB-FB403CF0537BFA16 - Taken by user237. 4 entrants total.
Off-Road Drive -- MB-82352A7B0FF50CE3 - Taken by Mengy. 3 entrants total.
Worms Blast -- MB-92A3392CECEEC0E2 - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-E2125DEF9A02F022 - Taken by Soule. 8 entrants total.

t1389719703z1.png

HoosTrax

I tend to agree with this. I was actually surprised when said individuals weren't banned this morning to be honest.
I was also surprised that no one else picked up on that until now. I was on my tablet and in a semi-rush to get to work when I saw that post, otherwise I would said something.
Only somewhat related to this whole giveaway abuse subject -- what do people think of those people who try to sell video card pack-in-title Steam keys for full price? For example, you buy an Nvidia card and you get a voucher for a Batman AO key for free. Am I being overly nosy for wanting to point out to potential buyers and sellers that they should look at various FS/FT forums, like [H]ard|Forum (a computer hardware forum that has a for-sale section), where dozens of people are offloading those types of keys for firesale prices?

I had a friend who thought he got a great deal on Bioshock Infinite for -50%, when in reality, he could have gotten it for much less if he knew about those video card bundle keys.

Seems like everyone's turning a blind eye to it around here hey. I'm honestly shocked. People don't wanna step on their friend's toes maybe?

I wonder what Evilore thinks of things like this?

So, you could say he's Tony Soprano to AvatarQuote.jpg? ;)

Ha! Nice! :)

hm, unless I missed it thrice, I think it's not there. 'my loot' is the command that gives you the games youv'e won and your unclaimed keys, but it doesn't show your successful giveaways. Maybe that just doesn't exist

Ah sorry. Got it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom