• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Since you guys want to draw so much, I'm willing to give away one of my favourite games

header_292x136.jpg

for the funniest drawing of legend, any legend, it has to be handdrawn of course. And you have time till tomorrow, same time, and you can claim it for your friends! you only need to draw yourself.

Anyone up to the challenge?

"I know I've done something wrong in the past, but since i KNOW it's ok. I can still point out other people doing the same and act like I'm above you all."

So what are your motivations for digging through my post history based on what I said about racism?

I'm all ears.

Since you guys want to draw so much, I'm willing to give away one of my favourite games

header_292x136.jpg

for the funniest drawing of legend, any legend, it has to be handdrawn of course. And you have time till tomorrow, same time, and you can claim it for your friends! you only need to draw yourself.

Anyone up to the challenge?

I was totally going to enter this since you said it is one of your favorites, then I went to check it out on Steam... and I already own it! >_<

SteamGAF, what have I become!? :p

Arthea

I was totally going to enter this since you said it is one of your favotites, then I went to check it out on Steam... and I already own it! >_<

SteamGAF, what have I become!? :p

By this time, with all the talk I've done about this game, I expect everybody has it!
it has more to do with it being in bundles several time, but let's it keep our secret ;)

Oh cool, The Banner Saga is only $15 on Gamefly and it comes with the pre-order bonus

how come you can say only $15, after winter sale.
it's very suspicious, you know?

Reposting, still a key left:
It's not much, but here it is if someone is missing them:

Criminal. Someone take Bastion! It's a GREAT game.

Turfster's gonna have a fit when he sees all the gifs that have been posted.

:lol

Man. Would recommend! There is even a sequel coming out ~~

It was good. I enjoyed it.
Did you check out the special holiday episode?

Hey next time instead of taking two copies of Brothers, give one copy to me so I can actually get the game, thanks.

Ask and you shall receive. PM incoming.

Allrighty, let's put one of my Amazon coupons to good use. Here's a little giveaway for you guys. It is a good game in spite of the very vocal minority in here who like to hate on it. Enjoy my friends and fellow gaffers!

Man, I hope I win. My new laptop is coming in today that can actually run it at max/1080p. Thanks so much for putting this up.

Oh and it is my birthday. Would make a great surprise present for my new birthday present haha!

Again, great giveaway and whomever wins is lucky. Thanks man!

Zeeman

Allrighty, let's put one of my Amazon coupons to good use. Here's a little giveaway for you guys. It is a good game in spite of the very vocal minority in here who like to hate on it. Enjoy my friends and fellow gaffers!

This giveaway reminds me, I have Bioshock 1 and 2. Should I play them in order, or is one of them clearly the one to play? Alternatively, I can start with System Shock 2.

milena87

I'm still trying to find a use for my coupons. So far I bought How to Survive and Marlow Briggs. Too many not so great offers on EA games :/

Sullichin

Went back a few pages to see what everyone was talking about, and won Bastion from Snakethesniper, thanks! Played it on 360 back when it came out, happy to have it in my Steam library because I haven't turned my 360 on in like a year.

Ban Puncher

It was only meant for Arthea, but I don't want to ignore the paint effort, though you all took the tank part way too literally! XD
I'll send you two a key.

-

I have 2 other keys. Post some female moe human tanks drawings and the 2 that looks the best or funny to me get 1 each.
Time limit is 3 hours from now.

I see you have an eye for fine art.

Thank you very much for the game.

How did you know i just wanted to kiss him? Are you watching me.... *Double Takes with beady eyes*

tumblr_mchgjdYJ9r1rjescfo1_500.gif

Arthea

I'm going to wait on reviews for this game. The multiplayer version of the same game that was f2p had bad reviews (They even reused some of the screenshots for the single player version lol).

Reviews or no, I'll buy it, not like we have abundance of such games, and it looks great. Only, I need to recover from all winter sales somehow. *attackontitans.gif*

Arthea

Can someone make me buy this game? I liked Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

You have not a single reason not to buy it, seriously. It's not FE obviously, but if you like gameplay of FE, there is good reason to assume you'll like tBS at least some.
You can wait with me for a month or two, too!

r3n4ud

You have not a single reason not to buy it, seriously. It's not FE obviously, but if you like gameplay of FE, there is good reason to assume you'll like tBS at least some.
You can wait with me for a month or two, too!

I hear ya. I shall be strong and wait for the inevitable summer sale.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I tried DiRT 3 for a bit yesterday. No help while driving, and I can't make it past the 7th position on the board, even if I think I'm driving pretty nicely, the game think I suck. Altough I'm having a good time. It's pretty nice to look at too.

And I swear I can't remember how did I get it. I don't remember buying it, and I didn't win it here or anywhere else. Was it in a bundle?

liezryou

thanks for posting this, it answered two concerns

autosave only
A stronger criticism of the combat is its overall lack of variety. Neither terrain nor environmental obstacles affect movement or combat strategies to any significant degree, irrespective of whether you're fighting in a snowy forest or a cobbled town square. There's also a lack of variety when it comes to enemies, with the vast majority of your foes consisting of a heavily armoured race called the Dredge that are bereft of any real personality or design flair.

Half-Life Source needs to be available as a standalone purchase ><

My OCD says this as well.
I don't know what it is or why I'd want it, but it irks me that it's the one item in the HL collection I can't buy, especially viewing things with enhanced steam and having that gap in the green. :\

Firefox was my default browser until google owned me, now I have to use Chrome.

I changed to chrome to try it out when it originally released (full disclosure: I love google and want to like everything they do... but it's not always the case). Afterwards FF seemed slow and clunky in comparison. I now use Chrome for personal stuff and FF for work stuff. Separation of church and state, so to speak. :D

What holiday episode?

http://freebirdgames.com/2013/12/31/to-the-moon-holiday-special-releas/

(To the Moon) Holiday Special Minisode

By Kan Gao on December 31, 2013

Heya folks. I spent the past month making this Holiday Special for those who enjoyed To the Moon, and I&#8217;m happy to say that it&#8217;s finally done! Here&#8217;s a mini-sode featuring Dr. Watts & Dr. Rosalene. c:

icon

Click here to download it (free)!

(Also included in the Steam & GoG downloads soon, though you need to manually go to the folder to open it.)

--

About Bastion and why it's good:

What makes it great? I have never played it and don't know much about it :0

My take on it for Steam:

Recommended
22.1 hrs on record
It would be another Calamity to miss out on this amazing game.

Wonderful story.
Amazing artwork and animation.
Fun and rewarding gameplay.
Phenomenal soundtrack.

Usually games don't live up to the hype... usually games fall short. For me, this game surpassed any hype and praise I'd seen for it prior to play and I can't recommend it enough if you're a fan of this genre of gameplay.

--
I tend to like it when TotalBiscuit does his WTF series on a game... so check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyWJhOh7w00

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm just going to put The Banner Saga on my wishlist and pick it up sometime down the road, I have too many games I need to complete anyways and I don't really have the time for a new game anyways

kafiend

Preloaded and ready to go since last week. The review just makes me more excited to start the game.

From the review.
...the foolish gambit that saw a decorated warrior lost to the ignominy of freak accident. The crushing guilt of losing people to starvation because I purchased a trinket to protect a favoured archer in battle,

Here's hoping I can name people after gaffers. I gave my favored gaffers the food, weapons and armor - you must go naked and armed only with an unused spoon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom