• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hey Zkylon, thanks for quoting that .gif :/

Luckily I managed to catch a glimpse of it and hit the End key before any coworker saw it. Seriously, could we please stop posting (or quoting an embedded image of) that stuff in this thread? This is way beyond a joke now, and I'm starting to get genuinely pissed off.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

Luckily I manage to catch a glimpse of it and hit the End key before any coworker saw it. Seriously, could we please stop posting (or quoting an embedded image of) that stuff in this thread? This is way beyond a joke now, and I'm starting to get genuinely pissed off.

Or you could stop browsing NeoGaf at work.

/snarky remark

didamangi

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/the-brutal-bundle/

The Brutal Bundle.
10 individual Steam keys for $4.99 (US price, other territories may vary)

* Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition
* Port Royale 3
* Stealth Bastard Deluxe
* Dungeonbowl
* Steel Storm Complete Edition
* King's Bounty: Legions (True Tactician Ultimate Pack)
* Iron Sky: Invasion
* Day One: Garry's Incident
* Earth 2150 Trilogy
* Naval Warfare

The base game for King's Bounty: Legions can be downloaded free from Steam.

4 games include Steam Trading Cards: Port Royale 3, Tropico 4, Stealth Bastard Deluxe and Day One: Garry's Incident.

All games run on Windows PC, and 4 also run on Mac: Stealth Bastard Deluxe, King's Bounty Legions, Iron Sky: Invasion and Steel Storm: Complete Edition.

Still waiting for King's Bounty: Crossworlds to be in a bundle :/

Cth

It was only meant for Arthea, but I don't want to ignore the paint effort, though you all took the tank part way too literally! XD
I'll send you two a key.

-

I have 2 other keys. Post some female moe human tanks drawings and the 2 that looks the best or funny to me get 1 each.
Time limit is 3 hours from now.

Apologies in advance :D

RonanTanks.gif

Luckily I managed to catch a glimpse of it and hit the End key before any coworker saw it. Seriously, could we please stop posting (or quoting an embedded image of) that stuff in this thread? This is way beyond a joke now, and I'm starting to get genuinely pissed off.

Thanks for telling me what the End key can be used for and subsequently the Home key. I never knew that.

zkylon

zkylewd

there, edited

you should probably work at work or find ways to get judgemental coworkers fired methinks

Even though you're on the mark with some of the complaints you listed, other ones strike me more as a "growing pains" kind of ordeal considering you've only recently started out with the game. Yeah, the combo system isn't too deep and neither are your options in weaponry compared to the all-time greats of the genre (which admittedly are usually heavily-expanded sequels), but a few of the things that irk you need to be looked at slightly differently I feel. Monsoon's Sai and those pincers / scissors you unlock after Sundowner are both good side-weapons; just niche in their purpose given their limited move list. The former has good stun potential against enemies you want to immediatedly focus on whereas the latter turns bosses into mincemeat; those fights are usually 1 vs 1 so you typically don't have to worry about lesser foes interrupting your long animations or charge set-ups. The polearm is more versatile in comparison, but even that one has an ideal situation (like eliminating those mini-bots as you're dueling a Mastiff or Mistral) with its wide area-of-effect.

Not going to deny that the camera can be a huge pain-in-the-ass, but if you treat lock-on priorities like you would in Dark Souls - namely, not crucial against bigger foes and more suited for when the enemy approaches you in small numbers - then keeping track of who or what you're facing isn't as cumbersome as it initially appears. And I hope you bought specific moves in the store if you feel you're not completely in control of Raiden: Defensive Offense for a more aggressive playstyle to avoid unblockable moves (with the yellow glow) given its massive window of invincibility without sacrificing your momentum, the auto-aim divekick (Falling something) for easy Blade Mode kills on those air units and that one-inch punch looking move to help disperse a crowd if they're surrounding you. Hard difficulty also forces you to get remotely decent at blocking / parrying; balance that in conjunction with Defensive Offense + Blade Mode cancels and Hard doesn't seem so bad anymore with a bit of practice and understanding of x enemy's weaknesses.

If you still don't like it much then that's fair, but I (much like Rickenslacker) also liken it more to something such as God Hand rather than Devil May Cry given how basic it is. Here's hoping they're actually allowed to make a sequel this time around.
yeah I bought the defensive offense thing and it was pretty useful, still don't get how the dodge into blade mode thing works but I can usually dodge and get a couple hits that way. I'm not very reliable at it, not sure if because it's a long animation (maybe should try your blade model cancel thing but I've never been good at cancels) or what. think I've got the divekick thing too but I'm not sure

I feel like I should stop upgrading weapons (I drop a strength point on all of them each level) and just focus on the sword+health.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Or you could stop browsing NeoGaf at work.

/snarky remark
Fine, I'll change my post:

Luckily I manage to catch a glimpse of it and hit the End key before any family member saw it. Seriously, could we please stop posting (or quoting an embedded image of) that stuff in this thread? This is way beyond a joke now, and I'm starting to get genuinely pissed off.

Happier? I think my point still stands.

there, edited

you should probably work at work or find ways to get judgemental coworkers fired methinks
Thanks man. And I know I should work, it's just that...

Yeah, I should work.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The new Bundlestars is really great. I had these left over:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Earth 2150 Trilogy -- MB-47C28DEEAAE87CCC - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-A9441BCBC585E163 - Taken by Saty
Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition -- MB-872F79461D9AEC4A - Taken by Kifimbo
Naval Warfare -- MB-B0C279CF4F5AF46E - Taken by Deques

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I come bearing gifts keys:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Iron Sky: Invasion -- MB-590E0694B10C4FEB - Taken by Man Puncher
Naval Warfare -- MB-26683467EF0C6FF8 - Taken by ohblahitsme
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-C9DDC8F995775257 - Taken by MakeshiftChef
Day One: Gary's Incident -- MB-0F60AD29CCCE8A8A - Taken by Eanan
Dungeonbowl -- MB-64D65CD904A6BEA3 - Taken by Benedict
Earth 2150 Trilogy -- MB-6B40FAB760E1A593 - Taken by JPizzle84
Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition -- MB-1EAB5BF0F96154A8 - Taken by kulapik

Apologies in advance :D

RonanTanks.gif

Time to put that SGSF to good use. :p

Grief.exe

Whoa, banner saga looks pretty cool.

You can tap blade mode to instantly cancel animation frames. It makes the game amazing. Also, I've been able to parry out of heavy attacks... that's the only thing that's saving my as on Very Hard. I'll check again after work.

The video you posted here showed that you can also enter Blade Mode (LT) to cancel attack animations. I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know how well it works.

The only reason I didn't bring up the animation cancel is I didn't want to overwhelm his with mechanics.

Rising is interesting, its one of those games on the surface that seems like it doesn't have as much depth as other character action games, but then you dig a bit deeper. You are perfect parrying a building a boss throws at you, blade canceling, or even parrying projectile back.

Errr, am I missing something? Isn't it 2.00$
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207790/

Yes. But if you apply the $5 coupon over at amazon, I think it should be free.

Edit: Apparently coupons/vouchers don't work on games under $5! Damn, disregard.

Time for a new question:

So I was just playing Satazius and the game has absolutely 0 resolution options (fullscreen at least) and runs itself at something like 640x480 (maybe 800x600).
Everything looks... not good... and when someone like JaseC starts playing some diner game, it covers like 25% of the screen (I'm exaggerating a little).

Is there anything I can do to fix this for Satazius and other games that have similar problems?

Momentary

Banned
Metal Gear Rising's combat is so satisfying. It takes so much more skill to play this game than DmC's brain dead mechanics. It's definitely the superior game in the game play department. I don't see how this didn't get the higher reviews out of the two. It definite got the most PC sales though. I feel like this is the best character action game since DMC3. The moment this thing gets a 50% or 75r off sale people need to jump on it.

I don't even have ab issue with the camera because of knowing how to lock on and unlock during battles. Only negative thing I have us the environments are DEFINITELY lacking.

LoS2 looks like it will make up for environments.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yes. But if you apply the $5 coupon over at amazon, I think it should be free.

Sadly it doesn't work with the coupon as it's not an "Editor's Choice" game.

Brainsaw

Neo Member
Kafiend, thanks for Broken Sword. I used to play it as a little kid, but it was a cracked version with gamebreaking bugs, so I never got to finish it. Definitely gonna enjoy this little gem :D

Grief.exe

Metal Gear Rising's combat is so satisfying. It takes so much more skill to play this game than DmC's brain dead mechanics. It's definitely the superior game in the game play department. I don't see how this didn't get the higher reviews out of the two. It definite got the most PC sales though. I feel like this is the best character action game since DMC3. The moment this thing gets a 50% or 75r off sale people need to jump on it.

I don't even have ab issue with the camera because of knowing how to lock on and unlock during battles. Only negative thing I have us the environments are DEFINITELY lacking.

LoS2 looks like it will make up for environments.

The boss battles in Rising are just so damn satisfying. Nothing like parrying Monsoon over and over again as he dives at you out of a smoke cloud.

Got this last night!

Y2G4gqg.png

MGR is shaping up my reflexes, I am going to be on the ball for Dark Souls II and Valdis Story.

zkylon

zkylewd
The boss battles in Rising are just so damn satisfying. Nothing like parrying Monsoon over and over again as he dives at you out of a smoke cloud.

Got this last night!

Y2G4gqg.png

MGR is shaping up my reflexes, I am going to be on the ball for Dark Souls II and Valdis Story.

dark souls ain't about reflexes babe

Is Marlow Briggs any good? It's pretty much the only non-Origin game there that I don't have yet

Yes, and especially so at that price. It's a shockingly competent God-of-War "third person action brawler" or whatever you want to call that genre. It also features more explosions per minute than any other game in recent memory. Everything explodes. *Everything*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom