• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boss battles in Rising are just so damn satisfying. Nothing like parrying Monsoon over and over again as he dives at you out of a smoke cloud.

Got this last night!

Y2G4gqg.png

MGR is shaping my reflexes, I am going to be on the ball for Dark Souls II and Valdis Story.

I tip my hat to you sir. I still haven't managed to beat any boss without taking damage.

Sadly it doesn't work with the coupon as it's not an "Editor's Choice" game.

That's funny, cause it's listed on the editor's choice page when I go there.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000728511

The boss battles in Rising are just so damn satisfying. Nothing like parrying Monsoon over and over again as he dives at you out of a smoke cloud.

Got this last night!

Y2G4gqg.png

MGR is shaping up my reflexes, I am going to be on the ball for Dark Souls II and Valdis Story.

Did you do that on hard or revengeance?
Either way, good job.

When you think you're ready, VR mission 18 is calling you, ser.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Fine, I'll change my post:

Luckily I manage to catch a glimpse of it and hit the End key before any family member saw it. Seriously, could we please stop posting (or quoting an embedded image of) that stuff in this thread? This is way beyond a joke now, and I'm starting to get genuinely pissed off.

Happier? I think my point still stands.

I don't really think it does.

Unless you live in a really bigot family, the consequences of you being spotted by a family member while watching a NFSW .gif would be way less worse than you being seen doing the same at work. The worst case scenario, you'll be jockingly called a pervert, while at work you could lose your job for inappropriate behavior.

So it doesn't really compare, does it?

Just messing with you. :lol

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Today I got my first booster pack, I shouldn't have opened it. Three Dr. Eggman cards for Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, this is after my initial cards from the card drops being Eggman save one. I don't think I'm ever crafting that badge, but still it's nice to know I can actually indeed get a booster pack.

Man I wish Shattered Horizon had a single-player campaing. I really want a nice looking game set in outer space kind of like Gravity.

While not action packed, save for certain moments of things going terribly wrong... oh wait I guess that is like Gravity... hmm. Okay, I have a game you might appreciate then.
Space Engineers http://store.steampowered.com/app/244850/

Sandbox, create a station or a ship or a mining platforming, Newton physics being followed, everything built is destructible (as seen in the trailer), etc.

Symphonic

ACIV is not that greatly optimized but is running pretty well for me. Game is a blast too, it's amazing how much difference a likeable main character can make.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Grief.exe

dark souls ain't about reflexes babe

It will certainly help my parries and dodging appropriately.

I hope we can run Dark Souls II at >60 FPS, I just overclocked my monitor's refresh rate and the extra 20% makes quite the difference.

I tip my hat to you sir. I still haven't managed to beat any boss without taking damage.

Why thank you.

The Armstrong fight really brings together all of the mechanics from the game, parrying, dodging, and Blade Mode. Unfortunately, Blade Mode was a real weakness for me the entire game and the Armstrong fight brought it out to the forefront.

I did the first part of the fight so many times getting to the Blade Mode section that I was getting there very quickly and with no damage. Didn't take long once I went back and secured that achievement. Of course, in a long fight like that, it is easy to drop your guard and let in some damage near the end.

Did you do that on hard or revengeance?
Either way, good job.

When you think you're ready, VR mission 18 is calling you, ser.

Hard, I haven't even unlocked Revengeance yet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes! I Ninja'd Dungeonbowl.
Thanks JaseC
Thanking you JaseC!
Thanks for Iron Sky, JaseC.
Thanks JaseC for Stealth Bastard!
Thanks for Tropico, Jase!

No worries. :)

Iron Sky Invasion any good?

Well, it's a licensed game, so don't dawdle too much. ;)

Is that Port Royale 3 in the new Bundlestars one the game that has the legendary :weed: emoticon that's selling for insane prices on the Community Market?

The very same.

Brainsaw

Neo Member
Just finished playing a few matches of Nidhogg and having an absolute blast. I even got a nice achievement from skewering my opponent and painting the floor with his blood. It reminds me of how great artist wield their paintbrush
OF DEATH
)

Good point - but strangely it's at the top of the list but not the bottom. When I try to check out, it still wants to charge me $2. I have 11 coupons remaining, and would gladly give one up for a free Steam game I don't already own.

Exactly. That's why I was asking about it. :)

The Armstrong fight really brings together all of the mechanics from the game, parrying, dodging, and Blade Mode. Unfortunately, Blade Mode was a real weakness for me the entire game and the Armstrong fight brought it out to the forefront.

I did the first part of the fight so many times getting to the Blade Mode section that I was getting there very quickly and with no damage. Didn't take long once I went back and secured that achievement. Of course, in a long fight like that, it is easy to drop your guard and let in some damage near the end.

Hard, I haven't even unlocked Revengeance yet.

Heh. Well, I hope you give it a try on Revengeance. I'll be eventually going for that Lightning God achievement (again).

The trick to free form blade mode is that you have to just lift your thumb off the stick. I tend to want to pull it back to neutral and the jutter causes the alignment to go off and I get hit sometimes. :\ Also, if you get 3/4 of the boxes, it's usually "good enough" if you're trying to be quick and not run out of blade mode energy -- or you could use infinite wig b. :)

Hard is good practice for Revengeance though, but Revengeance becomes more focused on the ability to parry properly. Doing so and you can almost 1 shot anything in the game. Speaking of... that Monsoon fight is one of the worst because I always forget that after a certain health %, he does that ... go-go-gadget attack... and it's a hard one to block, let alone parry if you're on auto-pilot. :D

Grief.exe

I don't think I've ever parried in any souls game lol

wwwhhhhhaaaa????

Heh. Well, I hope you give it a try on Revengeance. I'll be eventually going for that Lightning God achievement (again).

The trick to free form blade mode is that you have to just lift your thumb off the stick. I tend to want to pull it back to neutral and the jutter causes the alignment to go off and I get hit sometimes. :\ Also, if you get 3/4 of the boxes, it's usually "good enough" if you're trying to be quick and not run out of blade mode energy -- or you could use infinite wig b. :)

Hard is good practice for Revengeance though, but Revengeance becomes more focused on the ability to parry properly. Doing so and you can almost 1 shot anything in the game. Speaking of... that Monsoon fight is one of the worst because I always forget that after a certain health %, he does that ... go-go-gadget attack... and it's a hard one to block, let alone parry if you're on auto-pilot. :D

I figured out my issues with Blade Mode and I got it down perfectly, now I am super accurate with the thing.

Have any of you ever watched a movie that then put you in the mood to play a game? I realize that's a bit random
weird?
but that happened to me last night. Was watching Pirates of the Caribbean and suddenly really wanted to play AC IV. Anyways, off to go get my pirate fix.

nexen

Here's my leftovers.

ModBot said:
Instructions for nexen:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-01C79697B72394B8 - Taken by Waku
Earth 2150 Trilogy -- MB-EECFD705A771B7C0 - Taken by topyy

Momentary

Banned

Got this last night!

Y2G4gqg.png

MGR is shaping up my reflexes, I am going to be on the ball for Dark Souls II and Valdis Story.

Is it for the whole boss fight or just the second part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom