• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Two Worlds and/or Two Worlds II any good? I do enjoy RPGs but haven't played them. Prefer open ended-style RPGs.

And do I need to play TW to follow TW2, or are they good independent?

Grief.exe

Hi guys, sorry for the basic question here.....

Seeing as all my PC components will be here over the next few weeks i've started looking in to digital distribution. GamersGate currently have the STALKER games collection for £8.50. Ive noticed these are not STEAM keys though, but the titles are available through the STEAM store.

Is there much difference in buying direct through the steam store to buying somewhere else and adding a shortcut to them to your steam library?

Not really.

They are more difficult to reaquire after a reformat as you will likely forget about your gamersgate account, and Steam will not track your play time.

STALKER: Clear Sky also had Tages on retail and has been removed from the Steam version. Not sure whether this also pertains to the Gamersgate version either.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
330x192

I got this when I redeemed Toki Tori 2+. Makes sense.

Maybe we get a second Bonus? Like Humble Indie Bundle 3 where we got the awesome Atom Zombie Smasher.

Yeah i know we wont get another bonus but i want to dream.

jonno394

Not really.

They are more difficult to reaquire after a reformat as you will likely forget about your gamersgate account, and Steam will not track your play time.

STALKER: Clear Sky also had Tages on retail and has been removed from the Steam version. Not sure whether this also pertains to the Gamersgate version either.

Hey thanks for the swift reply, CS is DRM free. Think i'll go ahead and but it in preparation for my rig :)

What I mean is that in order to have fun in MG:R, I have to learn.
When I play DmC, I'm having fun right away. If I have to learn more or less is immaterial. The point is that I have to invest much more time and energy before I see any payoff.

The first few hours of MG:R are just frustrating, especially the boss fight with the wolf thing. Even now that I can survive I still fell extremely clumsy and out of control most of the time. It isn't conducive to flow.

I guess the tradeoff is just that much bigger in MGR, at least for me. Nothing in DmC was as satisfying as perfect parrying in MGR and I found every single enemy more engaging. Except for the Drekavac.

Different games, different audiences.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is strike suit zero actually any good?

Tis a decent cockpit and later mech star fighter game that looks quite lovely for it's outerspace and views of planets, but it never really does anything too amazing gameplay wise. I believe it's worth getting at the price shown.

Strike Suit Infinity, the sequel, is a better game, taking the mechanics and improving them in a high-score combo game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not really.

Call of Pripyat uses StarForce, Clear Sky is DRM-free and Shadow of Chernobyl uses SecuROM. 1/3 isn't completely awful!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hoard -- MB-627A642BE8D28834 - Taken by KenOD

Faabulous

Spare!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Strike Suit Zero -- MB-49E26D093C279BD5 - Taken by Luap. 17 entrants total.

t1389727444z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just got a booster pack, one of the hardest decisions yet: sell or unpack?

Usually it's cut and dry - if the pack sells for more than the average cost of 3 cards, sell it.

In this case, the booster is for RIPD: The Game. The foils are listed between $8-$60. The booster sells for about $2. Regular cards sell for about $0.15 each.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
roll those dice jshackles

I know it's a stupid decision, but I'm so tempted to open it. It doesn't look like the foils are selling well, for obvious reasons, but the booster packs are. Probably just going to sell it. Bought the game for $3 so getting another $2 out of it would not be too bad.

i wish there was more "collecting" to the trading cards, instead if you have a full collection you get rid of them

In the beginning, they were talking about having a "binder" where you could view all of the cards you've collected, including the ones you'd already turned in. I haven't heard squat about it since then, though. Valve time, I guess.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thank you to the anonymous giver for Hoard, of all the people I don't know, you are the one I'm thankful to most recently.

You can still click the cards afterwards and see the full images.

I do appreciate the additional artwork we get for most games. Some, such as Finding Teddy, made the whole trading card system worth it to me even if they lost the selling aspect someday.

HoosTrax

Now Available on Steam - RaiderZ
I totally thought this was yet another post-apocalyptic zombie survival game that's riding DayZ's coat tails.
Also -- is Strike Suit Zero a kbm game or a 360 game? I don't remember if I put my batteries in the charger.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-1C032A173F247996 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 16 entrants total.

t1389813889z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yay more giveaways

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hoard -- MB-AD562B276105070F - Taken by Snakethesniper. 8 entrants total.
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-C647F4FF49A877D6 - Taken by jmizzal. 15 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-DDAE90AF8BF6B6C3 - Taken by Cth. 13 entrants total.

t1389728434z1.png

Hesemonni

Banned
Here goes!
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Strike Suit Zero -- MB-FCAC3AB56696ECC4 - Taken by trailmix16

Kind of a shame I already own nearly everything I wanted in HIB X (though Toki Tori 2+ was unexpected and welcome), because just taken on its own merits it's actually quite a good bundle. Papo and Yo, To the Moon, Reus, Surgeon Simulator 2013 and Strike Suit Zero are all games I thought were great, and you get them all for six bucks. That's straight-up nuts. And that's not even considering Joe Danger 2 or Runner 2, which aren't my cup of tea but probably are for a lot of other people.

In other words: just barely an interesting bundle for me, but for anyone who doesn't own that bundle why have you not already bought it, the end.

Anyone know why Steam would be down for me, both website and client? I know in theory Enhanced Steam has nothing to do with it but having it pop up and tell me Steam is down rankles me when it seems to not be a widespread issue!

Cth

My little giveaway is done. Only one entrant is a bit sad, but it was a really funny picture.
Sending you a key in one minute.

Thanks! I had it in my cart when I bought the Doujin bundle but changed my mind at the last minute! Finally get to play it!

I probably should have asked this before entering for the C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising giveaway, but is this a good game to play as my first RTS? The only other strategy game I've ever played was Advance Wars Dual Strike, and that's a turn-based game. Should I get the original C&C Red Alert 3 and play that first?

jshackles

Anyone know why Steam would be down for me, both website and client? I know in theory Enhanced Steam has nothing to do with it but having it pop up and tell me Steam is down rankles me when it seems to not be a widespread issue!

If you have the standalone version, you'll need to launch the app each time your computer restarts. But if you're seeing the error message from Enhanced Steam itself, that's probably not the issue. That typically means that you cannot connect to the Steam store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom