• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternia

I totally thought this was yet another post-apocalyptic zombie survival game that's riding DayZ's coat tails.
Also -- is Strike Suit Zero a kbm game or a 360 game? I don't remember if I put my batteries in the charger.
I had a horrible time aiming with a 360 controller. Maybe I couldn't wrap my head around it for whatever reason but it was by far much easier with keyboard+mouse.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So.. you are a Nigerian prince who needs some money? ;)

Unlike Steam (who obviously have customers in the Congo) I'm paying for the bandwidth mostly out-of-pocket. ;)

Although to everyone who has donated - I really can't thank you guys enough.

cicero

Weird, I had 3 Amazon credits and I feel like I am going to be using them all on Origin games due to the lack of deals on games I don't already own in Steam. I used my first one on Dead Space 3 DLC and looks like the Crysis 3 mark down is coming back on the 20th so I might use my last 2 buying C3 and the DLC.

Is there a list somewhere of games that qualify for the game credit that aren't listed on Amazon's site? I would much rather get some Steam games.
I hope you realize that there is still half a month left and they will be adding more games/bundles before the month is over. Last year I didn't even buy anything until the 14th of January and then I used 12 credits in two weeks...

Keys for both on their way to your message box.

Wow, I really appreciate it!

That is really cool of you.

You%25252Bare%25252Ba%25252Blegend%25252Band%25252Bmy%25252Blife%25252Bs%25252Baim%25252Bis%25252Bto%25252B_8dec8c339d5974bfd36ddea1261bf802.jpg

Arthea

I think everybody is waiting for my first impressions of Human Tanks
don't worry, I know you don't, it's just figure of speech ;)

The game is not exactly what I expected, so far (it's only 2 chapters, mind you, so it might change) it has a lot less gameplay and much more dialogue, almost feels like VN. Now, that's not necessary bad, as dialogue is quite funny at times. To give you an example of what's funny
Like that funny.

The gameplay is a bit like hidden ships game, only you can scan limited area, and have different tanks and attacks, they seem to be upgradable but I'm no there yet.
Also it might be that some achievements are glitched, or I had steam (connection) hiccup, as I haven't got this achievement, even if I got this victory.

sorry for huge pics, I thought I run action to make them smaller, but it seems I forgotten.

So my New Years Resolution was not to buy any more games, and my new game addiction has been satisfied until now through giveaways (thank you guys so much!). But now that Tropico 4 and Strike Suit Zero are in two different bundles and on huge sales I don't know if I can contain myself. I'm about to get like 20 new games.

HELP

Xanathus

I hope you realize that there is still half a month left and they will be adding more games/bundles before the month is over. Last year I didn't even buy anything until the 14th of January and then I used 12 credits in two weeks...

I only have 1 credit, I'm holding out for Amalur Complete.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Windows 8.1
i5-3570k
8gb RAM
Nvidia GTX 770
120gb SSD for OS
3TB HDD (1.5 TB free) for Steam/Origin

This seems recent to me, as I've not noticed this since I build the machine before Thanksgiving... I checked the recent Windows auto-update history and there's no record of driver changes.
I did upgrade some Nvidia software the other day, but the only way that would affect anything is possibly because the onboard audio is being output to the TV via the GTX 770s HDMI connection to my TV.

Do you have this problem with everything else like mp3/videos/whatever or only games? Do you have selected nVidia's HDMI as your output in the windows mixer? BTW that's a nice setup :D

Do you have this problem with everything else like mp3/videos/whatever or only games? Do you have selected nVidia's HDMI as your output in the windows mixer? BTW that's a nice setup :D

Thanks.

And yeah, it seems to be everything... and it's not a constant issue, so it seems to be something with the actual sound processing.

Example:
It's not always on high or low notes.
I found a test sound thing in one of the windows dialog windows and was playing it and it would sometimes occur on the upper notes of the scale and sometimes it would play fine.
I also found that if I spam the volume control thing to get a "ding", odds are in the flurry of dings, I'll get the popping/cracking/fuzzing whatever you'd like to call it... distortion.

Sendou

sorry juniors only

DcASpzY.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-F0A708C49B94B2EA - Taken by nightstorm. 12 entrants total.

t1389741528z1.png

Scipius

Time for a short raffle!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Scipius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

HOARD -- MB-82CBF30613A7A739 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 8 entrants total.

t1389731583z1.png

Amazing how keys mount up. Even found a few that I hadn't claimed. Have fun and don't sell, trade, give them away etc.
I give keys with the intention of use by those participating in these Steam threads. Not for a friend of their dog walkers cousin.

That said, its a multi-entry giveaway for a bunch of old bundle keys. Enter for them all if you like.
Thanks kafiend.

Deques

New IndieGala January bundle is live. It may have happy hour time.
http://www.indiegala.com/

$1 minimum:
  • Millennium (Desura, Steam key will be provided if it is greenlit)
  • Laxius Force (Desura, Steam key will be provided if it is greenlit)
  • Two Brothers (Steam)
BTA:
  • Ballpoint Universe (Steam)
  • Tales of Maj'Eyal (Steam)
  • Ravensword Shadowlands (Steam)
  • Gravity Badgers (Steam)
  • 4 more games (all Steam)

Nice bundle

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Woah... what happened in here in the past five hours. We don't have one, but TWO (Two! AH-AH-AH?) giveaway abusers?

This is why I generally make my giveaways members only. Now I have been given titles by juniors in the past but some abuse it to where I have to make sure they aren't being key traded.

HoosTrax

$1 minimum:
BTA:
I haven't really heard of any of these, other than Ballpoint Universe, but some of these actually look really good. Who knows, could be some sleepers in there.

Zeeman

$1 minimum:
BTA:

Saw Brothers, got all excited, then I realized it was Two Brothers

oipic

Keys for both on their way to your message box.

These gestures often get lost in the hustle and bustle of the Steam thread (and particularly amid some of the shenanigans of the past several hours), but I just wanted to say that this was very classy and thoughtful, SpongeBob. Nice one. :)

Kuroyume

Banned
Two Brothers was released last month. Costs $15. Bundled at Indie Gala for $1. If I was an early adopter I'd be a little ticked off.

AHA-Lambda

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hoard -- MB-9F2A4735DE37FB5E - Taken by PorkWing. 4 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-9E84E1717E9DEC76 - Taken by Kiru. 11 entrants total.

t1389732979z1.png

Copons

Says it's some EU directive.

Uh, seems strange.
Indie Gala is based in Italy (actually in the condo where lives my grandmother :D ), but I don't recall some new weird taxes being added recently.

I could be wrong tho, as at the moment our dear government is trying to fill up our debt creating random taxes on everything, so the "bundle tax" could be an actual possibility. :D

Anyway this made me super curious! Could you please paste me their disclaimer part related to this tax?

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

King's Bounty: Legions True Tactician Ultimate Pack -- MB-83DCC0FBEFF96D0B - Taken by cicero. 2 entrants total.

t1389731853z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom