• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

HOARD -- MB-3318BF2D776E9E8F - Taken by NotSelf. 8 entrants total.

t1389743104z1.png

Just the one I didn't have, not too shabby

Two Brothers was released last month. Costs $15. Bundled at Indie Gala for $1. If I was an early adopter I'd be a little ticked off.
I bought it full price when it was released. But I don't really see it an issue. I'd like to think that every time you pay something full price you do it partly because there is something in the product you want to support. That support doesn't always go that far so seeing games that have sold poorly trying to make a buck in a bundle, that's hard to be ticked off about. If anything it's little bit sad.

Myshkin

Not sure what to think of The Banner Saga yet. Art and music are good. It could use some niceties, like subtitles and sliders for sound levels. Story looks linear so far. I already got one guy killed; apparently resting inside of battle doesn't heal.

Pace of turn-based battles is good. The battle system seems to encourage going after the the most powerful foes first. Positioning is important. The different specials that the characters have is the primary way to make the battles strategic/interesting. Don't know yet how effective this is. A tutorial on the interfaced and the gameplay mechanics is integrated into the story; you get fed a bit at a time.

Copons

Uh, seems strange.
Indie Gala is based in Italy (actually in the condo where lives my grandmother :D ), but I don't recall some new weird taxes being added recently.

I could be wrong tho, as at the moment our dear government is trying to fill up our debt creating random taxes on everything, so the "bundle tax" could be an actual possibility. :D

Anyway this made me super curious! Could you please paste me their disclaimer part related to this tax?

(Autoquote for clarity)

I finally found the part of the terms of service where they talk about that tax.
It's basically the Italian VAT (22% on almost every good).
Fact is, it's always been around, it's not like is some kind of novelty tax created in the last couple of weeks...

I never bought myself anything on Indie Gala so I don't know, but if they're "enforcing" it only now, it could mean two things:
1) in the past they included it in the total price; a perfectly legal thing here, if you aren't selling to other businesses (it's legal anyway, but I've never seen something like that); so probably there was some whining somewhere and they was forced to write it explicitly everywhere;
2) they never paid the Italian VAT and they were finally discovered, so now are making their customers to pay it. :D

Anyway, what seems strange is that US peeps are saying they're not paying it.
Well, fuck this shit, when I sold (business speaking) something to outside-EU I declared everything to the "Italian IRS" and I paid taxes on that. :'(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Now, should I buy the $1 dollar tier for Two Brothers, buy the 3.99 tier while it's down in price or wait for the Happy Hour and pay 7.99 for two copies?

I guess if I want, I should buy the 3.99 tier, since that's the same price as two copies later down the road.

Hmmm... time to watch videos of games I never heard about on a Indie Bundle then.

yatesl

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-B3251D490D3F2696 - Taken by confuziz. 14 entrants total.
Papa & Yo -- MB-13B15B6F212A7CC8 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 3 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-5E6AF805DF6C9134 - Taken by Kiru. 10 entrants total.
HOARD -- MB-D2537C8C6AC83F2A - Taken by JawesomeJaw. 4 entrants total.
To the Moon -- MB-3D254518145DED45 - Taken by caffeinedreamer. 6 entrants total.

t1389743689z1.png

Turfster

(Autoquote for clarity)

Anyway, what seems strange is that US peeps are saying they're not paying it.
Well, fuck this shit, when I sold (business speaking) something to outside-EU I declared everything to the "Italian IRS" and I paid taxes on that. :'(

It makes the disconnect between 4$ (which is what, 2.8€?) and almost 4€ all the more galling, really.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
More leftovers :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Hoard -- MB-B816DD9CB322A903 - Taken by nightstorm. 5 entrants total.
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-32CF495F3A830489 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 23 entrants total.
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-F7671DF2197565B3 - Taken by Turfster. 8 entrants total.

t1389734329z1.png

New IndieGala January bundle is live. It may have happy hour time.
http://www.indiegala.com/

$1 minimum:
BTA:

Grabbed the bundle. Looks good and consists entirely of games I don't already own.

Prophane33

Sweet! The new Indie Gala is out and it's awesome. Of course this is coming from the person that buys just about every Indie Gala (compared to maybe one Humble Bundle), but still...this is good!

Copons

It makes the disconnect between 4$ (which is what, 2.8€?) and almost 4€ all the more galling, really.

Yeah well, that's something we're kind of used here (meaning that it always piss us off, but what can we do?).
Like, I'm seeing lots of 1$:1€ conversions + Italian VAT (22%), that on cheap stuff is basically fine, but OMG now that I'm building a new PC, comparing prices between like Newegg and Italian stores hurts a lot.

HoosTrax

Wow I feel lost now. Apparently there was a newish NFS game (Rivals) that launched back in November on PC. It always felt like one of those vague "coming-soonish" titles. How many NFS games has it been since Hot Pursuit and Shift 2: Unleashed.

nexen

Wow I feel lost now. Apparently there was a newish NFS game (Rivals) that launched back in November on PC. It always felt like one of those vague "coming-soonish" titles. How many NFS games has it been since Hot Pursuit and Shift 2: Unleashed.

NFS: The Run
NFS: Most Wanted
NFS: Rivals

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

You haven't missed out on much, believe me.

I have had Torchlight 2 since launch but have not played much of it due to D2, D3 and POE. Is there controller support for it? I know it was out on 360 and if I am going to play a game with a mouse and keyboard I may aswell stick to POE.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Need For Speed games confuse me with reusing the same names. I'm never sure which one is which on PC.

I would easily get that IndieGala bundle just for Ballpoint Universe, Gravity Badgers, and Two Brothers, together very much worth the price I'm sure. Alas they don't seem to offer any way for me to purchase it since I don't use Paypall or Google Wallet (personal decisions, won't get into them).

HoosTrax

nexen

Yeah I guess the last two I played were apparently the last two good ones, glancing at some reviews, not even taking into account the Origin thing.
Rivals is supposed to be good ... on console. On PC there is an obnoxious 30 fps cap. I really didn't care for The Run.

I hope you mean the original NFS: Most Wanted!
Nope, though I did like that one too. NFS: MW 2012 is basically Burnout Paradise with licensed cars and way better graphics. I have spent so much time with that game it is practically criminal.

Prophane33

Has anyone had a problem with Indie Gala not giving them their keys? Its not even showing up on my profile despite having a receipt.

FloatOn

I have had Torchlight 2 since launch but have not played much of it due to D2, D3 and POE. Is there controller support for it? I know it was out on 360 and if I am going to play a game with a mouse and keyboard I may aswell stick to POE.

no controller support for Torchlight 2. Although I'm sure there are some joy2key profiles floating around if you feel like messing with that.

For what it's worth I felt that Torchlight 2 has way more personality than Path of Exile.

Until Reaper of Souls and the fixing of Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 is probably my favorite loot game.

New IndieGala January bundle is live. It may have happy hour time.
http://www.indiegala.com/

$1 minimum:
BTA:

Good bundle. Interesting to see what the 4 extra games will be.

no controller support for Torchlight 2. Although I'm sure there are some joy2key profiles floating around if you feel like messing with that.

For what it's worth I felt that Torchlight 2 has way more personality than Path of Exile.

Until Reaper of Souls and the fixing of Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 is probably my favorite loot game.

hmm maybe I will try again. Maybe its because it almost feels like a single player game

Nabs

I get that it's trying to look like a gameboy game, but this is taking it a bit far.

itJXKtFRI2KpG.png

So it seems you have to press 1-9 to change how it fits your monitor. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do much for me. Will look into it a bit.

Alright, it seems to be an issue with the overlay. Disabling it fixes things. Phew! The game looks nice now.

edit: Pressing Escape will quit the game. I'm glad I figured that out early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom