• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Haven't heard too much about this game.

Doesn't seem to use Uplay

PaS9gJH.png

So Ghost Recon Online is out on Steam now? I can't find it on the store.

denx

Canada only for now

fznMD4Q.png

App doesn't install Uplay from what I can see, going to do some more digging, and the store doesn't mention it.

The standalone GRO release doesn't need the Uplay client, but it does need an uPlay / Ubisoft account, from what I can remember.

Dolor

no controller support for Torchlight 2. Although I'm sure there are some joy2key profiles floating around if you feel like messing with that.

For what it's worth I felt that Torchlight 2 has way more personality than Path of Exile.

Until Reaper of Souls and the fixing of Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 is probably my favorite loot game.

hmm maybe I will try again. Maybe its because it almost feels like a single player game

You both should play Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. It's really an excellent entry in the genre.

Grief.exe

Looks like Valdis Story is getting Mac support

qRNJ4V8.png

The standalone GRO release doesn't need the Uplay client, but it does need an uPlay / Ubisoft account, from what I can remember.

Ok thanks for the info, I literally had nothing on this going in.

Probably pretty close to open this up worldwide then as it has been available for a while and they just need to test Steam integration.

Ghost Recon Online is legit guys, Its actually pretty good. I would like some more graphic options but otherwise its fantastic.

I will definitely try it out.

Trading Card and Achievement support always helps.

nexen

So big publishers are getting in on early access now? Bullshit! This is a bad precedent, and I don't like where this is going.

Dude, it's an online beta. This isn't a new development.
Like with every single MMO ever made.
Hell, the original Quake had an open beta for MP.

So big publishers are getting in on early access now? Bullshit! This is a bad precedent, and I don't like where this is going.

I guess if it helps them smooth out the game and discover bugs I'm OK with it. We still can wait to buy until the full release if we want to. Most multiplayer only games have some sort of beta anyways.

denx

It's weird that they are going for Early Access since GRO has been out for ages. Maybe they want to test some Steamworks exclusive features?

Btw, I don't mind GRO going into Early Access, it's a F2P MP-only game after all.

Ezalc

I'm having trouble remembering the name of a game that I saw a video about a while ago. It has these little cube robots and you battle against another player, but it's a turn based thing. It sort of reminds me of chess for some reason. I just know that you predicting the opponent's next move was important. Anybody know the game I'm talking about? I remember the developer saying that taking advantage of height was important too if I'm not mistaken.

graywolf323

Indie Gala is taking far too long to get me my key for the new bundle... I bought it almost 30 minutes ago now and still no email whatsoever besides the receipt from paypal

edit: finally got the email, wonder what the delay was

Humble Bundle 2nd week bonus games have unlocked. Here's a spare:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Strike Suit Zero -- MB-D182800869C51F6F - Taken by Exuro

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
1 more

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-78DBFC83ACDD8C9B - Taken by Diedac. 10 entrants total.

t1389737659z1.png

Tellaerin

I'm having trouble remembering the name of a game that I saw a video about a while ago. It has these little cube robots and you battle against another player, but it's a turn based thing. It sort of reminds me of chess for some reason. I just know that you predicting the opponent's next move was important. Anybody know the game I'm talking about? I remember the developer saying that taking advantage of height was important too if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe Cubemen or Cubemen 2?

HoosTrax

Well there's Frozen Synapse, which is turn-based and height is important, but it certainly doesn't have cute robots, so maybe Frozen Endzone?

Or maybe Greed Corp?

mmitt

had those already, have fun whoever wants it :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

HOARD -- MB-2D482897D8A150F6 - Taken by bonesquad
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-088DB641090B3ABD - Taken by BorntoPlay

Diedac

Frozen sinapse?

Turfster

Flying Bundle 5 coming soon.
$3 minimum
  • Gish
  • Gravity Badgers
  • Booster Trooper
  • Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders and Product Placement
  • Basketbelle (greenlight)
  • POP: Methodology Experiment One (greenlight)
  • 2 mystery games (1 steam, 1 greenlight)

milena87

Yeah well, that's something we're kind of used here (meaning that it always piss us off, but what can we do?).
Like, I'm seeing lots of 1$:1€ conversions + Italian VAT (22%), that on cheap stuff is basically fine, but OMG now that I'm building a new PC, comparing prices between like Newegg and Italian stores hurts a lot.

I know the feeling. Amazon.it helped a bit, but we'll never even come near the american prices :(

Grief.exe

Early Access is going to implode spectacularly if it continues down the same path it's currently on.

I like how Valve respects our intelligence and allows us to make decisions on our own by not severely limiting developers in the Early Access program.

What will cause the implosion is a large percentage of people who play videogames, if not the majority, are not capable of rational thought, making educated decisions, or constructing a proper sentence (go read Steam forums, youtube comments, Twitter, etc if you need proof for any of these conclusions).
That will bring the Early Access program to its knees.

Its already happening, at least with Steam they inform you.

406px-Battlefield_4.jpg

What was the last F2P MP only game you recall that didn't have a public beta?

I wasn't referencing Ghost Recon specifically, just that there are so many Early Access titles.

I like how Valve respects our intelligence and allows us to make decisions on our own by not severely limiting developers in the Early Access program.

What will cause the implosion is a large percentage of people who play videogames, if not the majority, are not capable of rational thought, making educated decisions, or constructing a proper sentence (go read Steam forums, youtube comments, etc).
That will bring the Early Access program to its knees.

My point exactly. Early Access is a fantastic concept, and for me personally has been awesome. As a whole, with all the people who have access to it, it's going to have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom