• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So for the Steam Dev days conference that will take place over the next few days are any of the sessions being recorded which us lowly plebs can watch ? Wouldn't mind watching a few of them.

Steam's tuesday maintenance window is now.

Was wondering why I couldn't redeem any keys!

Stuff!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-486D16153B35CE88 - Taken by Copons. 20 entrants total.
Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition -- MB-1E102A99949579B8 - Taken by RS4-. 27 entrants total.

t1389756469z1.png

Nabs

They just did a massive registry update removing metacritic scores/links from pages. I don't know if they are getting rid of them entirely, or just changing how they handle it.

14 minutes ago Removed metacritic_fullurl –
14 minutes ago Removed metacritic_score –

HariKari

So for the Steam Dev days conference that will take place over the next few days are any of the sessions being recorded which us lowly plebs can watch ? Wouldn't mind watching a few of them.

All of them are being recorded as per the FAQ. Whether these ever become public or not is not known yet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They just did a massive registry update removing metacritic scores/links from pages. I don't know if they are getting rid of them entirely, or just changing how they handle it.

14 minutes ago Removed metacritic_fullurl –
14 minutes ago Removed metacritic_score –

That would be interesting. I assume that they're planning on relying on their user review features rather than a 3rd party site such as metacritic.

Hopefully they make the reviews interface much more user friendly if that's the case.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

HOARD -- MB-B38E852B37B0640F - Taken by LiquidSolid. 9 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-239B58FBABC9D280 - Taken by legacyzero. 7 entrants total.

t1389757146z1.png

Saganator

Been using steam for a long time and this is the first time I can remember Tuesday maintenance causing any problems. Is this normal every Tuesday and I never notice it?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nabs is probably right - there is definitely something going on with the Metacritic scores. It's now been removed from 100s of apps. Something like that doesn't happen by accident.

I can't log in..keeps saying can't connect to network.

rage~!

Ok, so I'm not alone! Hooray, we can commiserate together!

Holy crap -- after that bundle redeemed, I'm sitting at 992 games... inching closer to that 1k mark.
I was talking with jshackles after he mentioned his 1500th game should be something special... I'm thinking my 1000th should too.
I was thinking Dark Souls 2, but there's no pre-order yet (and I'd probably do that through Amazon)... which leaves, uh... Prey? Should my copy ever show up...
Unless there's something good coming out in the next couple weeks that's worthwhile at full price.

Ooooh, gravity badgers, strike suit zero, and ballpoint universe all have cards. Score!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That was one of my main memories of the game. Blown up, shot, impaled, bitten, knifed.... nope, she'll shrug it off in a second. But that damn early spike through the stomach...she complains about that for the whole damn game.

I do have to say, watching the Tomb Raider 2 speedrun the other day made me really sad for what the series has become. I enjoyed TR 2013 well enough as well, but the old games were something special, if not just for the level design alone.
Strange, I don't recall her ever complaining about that spike. Not even once.

I thought it was a great game. One of my Steam GOTYs last year (not that I played many new games, mind you :p)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Its that nidhogg matchmaking taking down the system.

Lain

Baron von Loathsome declined the War of the Human Tanks key, so have a short giveaway:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

War of the Human Tanks -- MB-43529E3071F73989 - Taken by Kifimbo. 19 entrants total.

t1389747965z1.png

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Nidhogg has matchmaking that works now?
Friends that bought it couldn't get the game to work over the internet.

The matchmakig works fine for me, but the matches are laggy still.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having a lot of fun just playing the AI, but last night I had a friend over and we played VS. it was pretty magical. I think we're still a little close to the sun on the game though. I can't wait for the dust to settle in a month or two.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm having a lot of fun just playing the AI, but last night I had a friend over and we played VS. it was pretty magical. I think we're still a little close to the sun on the game though. I can't wait for the dust to settle in a month or two.

The game seems like it would be a blast to play, it's just that it doesn't seem like it's worth $12

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The game seems like it would be a blast to play, it's just that it doesn't seem like it's worth $12

Seeing as it just came out I can't really comment on the depth of the game but it seems like its kind of up there with streetfighter and counterstrike.

• Pong
  • Street Fighter
  • CounterStrike
  • Nidhogg

:D

Sounds a little contradictory right? But I know, the observed value of some indie games seems sometimes like that.

I'm behind of new game releases (too many games, don't have time to follow the new releases) but now that I looked gameplay from Nidhogg... I want it. Too bad local co-op isn't an option for me anymore, would have been great when my friends lived a lot closer. If it has online though (I think it has), it's a must buy some time down the line, the earlier the better with multiplayer games for sure too.

Freedom Fall looks interesting. Any impressions in here?

I saw some mentions of it and it looked good, I was sad that I missed out when it was in a bundle. Add it to the list, I guess.

SRK actually reviewed it... made it sound kind of like divekick.
Said the AI was terribad and either had super reflexes or made really bad decisions and that the game really shined against other people.

Copons

I know the feeling. Amazon.it helped a bit, but we'll never even come near the american prices :(

Three pages later, but anyway, I'm gonna suggest you eKey, the store where I'm gonna order every part of my new rig. Way cheaper than Amazon.it, but of course it somehow fails in customer service (like, you have to pay for RMA shipping costs), but hey, I don't know any Italian (?) store that can compare with Amazon customer care.

ArjanN

Dammit, do I want this on Steam

tumblr_mzetr9AtiH1r8tgs3o2_1280.jpg

The PC port of this is the worst kept secret, and it's Activision so it'll most likely come to Steam anyway.

Kinda my big worry about the game, I only played Divekick for an hour and got bored really fast

It's even more basic than Divekick, along the lines of Samurai Gunn and Towerfall etc. These games are fun but mostly if you're hanging out with some people locally.

Is there no way to transfer steam money? As in through a trade/sell?

I bought the Dota 2 mouse from the valve store, and I wanna get rid of the Juggernaut sword that comes with it. I haven't gotten it from FedEx yet but I should have it by tomorrow or Thursday.

I hoping to offset the cost of the damn thing by selling it but I think the community market is my only hope so far.

Fox318

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dino D-Day -- MB-A838C0C356BBBAEE - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 19 entrants total.
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-EA961DA63331B3A3 - Taken by Catshade. 11 entrants total.
The Ship Complete Pack -- MB-E6E2AA0CCC768D22 - Taken by trailmix16. 27 entrants total.
Shattered Horizon -- MB-8A229B355DED1F8F - Taken by Vandrar. 35 entrants total.
Men of War -- MB-B78079576A899F89 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 11 entrants total.
Bad Rats -- MB-FD74ECB384DAC596 - Taken by webrunner. 18 entrants total.
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-826F0F7AABC2D8A3 - Taken by WeaselJCD. 16 entrants total.

t1389767852z1.png

cM4vhmQ.gif

jshackles

8 minutes ago another batch of Metacritic information removals went out. It looks like Metacritic information on Steam is no more.

My guess is that it will take them months to remove the "Metascore" field in the search results.

Also, Steam In-Home Streaming Beta now has it's own App ID and icon:

header.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom