• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faabulous

Yeah that's definitely it. I recommend that at this time if you'd like to run both, that you disable some of the redundant features in the extension options (such as price history and DRM warnings)

OK then. I'll just disable the standalone one, since it's kind of lacking. Thanks for aswering!

Yeah that's definitely it. I recommend that at this time if you'd like to run both, that you disable some of the redundant features in the extension options (such as price history and DRM warnings)

Can't get enough Enhanced Steam?
Run both clients! Double the fun, double the pleasure!

Dammit, do I want this on Steam

tumblr_mzetr9AtiH1r8tgs3o2_1280.jpg

here you go

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 5.7. Not too many changes this time, as I've mostly been focused on updating the Firefox version this past week. Anyway, the changelog includes:

• Adds Steam review percentage of most helpful positive and negative reviews on app pages
  • "Hide -> DLC for games you do not own" now works with the new releases section on the homepage
  • Added new option to hide owned games on the homepage
  • Added Square Enix and Bundle Stars sites to price history information
  • Price history now shows for all apps on a store page, not just the first
  • Fixed a bug that caused early access banners on the "featured" section to not position correctly
  • Fixed a bug that caused regional pricing on sale pages to sometimes display incorrectly
  • Fixed a bug that broke formatting on badge page when crafting badges in certain situations
This version should update to all users within the next 60 minutes. As always, if you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks for Hoard, Frustrated_Grunt. It is much appreciated.

I would trade Destiny for Division since Activision doesn't use extra DRM on PC.

Oh god, fuuuuuck Uplay. For some idiotic reason I couldn't play Prince of Persia TFS last night, even though it's never been an online only game. Every time I booted it, I'd get an "Attempting to restore network connection" error that forced me to quit out of the game. I even deleted and redownloaded it, just to encounter the same exact error. Now it's suddenly working again.

Ezalc

Ares is kinda bad, tho.

That's disappointing.

I'm still trying to figure out if I can use that credit I got from amazon to buy into the clairvoyance game. It only says Amazon pay now thing on the site. I feel like that'll only charge it straight to my card :/

Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 5.7. Not too many changes this time, as I've mostly been focused on updating the Firefox version this past week. Anyway, the changelog includes:

• Adds Steam review percentage of most helpful positive and negative reviews on app pages
  • "Hide -> DLC for games you do not own" now works with the new releases section on the homepage
  • Fixed a bug that caused early access banners on the "featured" section to not position correctly
  • Fixed a bug that caused regional pricing on sale pages to sometimes display incorrectly
  • Fixed a bug that broke formatting on badge page when crafting badges in certain situations
This version should update to all users within the next 60 minutes. As always, if you have any questions, please let me know.

Appreciate all your efforts on ES :)

It's kind of hard for me to get excited for Destiny, the last game Bungie put out is the worst I've played from them, that and I'm getting the Borderlands alarms ringing in my head whenever they speak to the game's design. It's just one of those games that I'm kind of hoping to be good despite the warning signs that tell me otherwise.

Ares is kinda bad, tho.

Disagree.

[*]Fixed a bug that broke formatting on badge page when crafting badges in certain situations

Cheers, ser!

Imagine Megaman stripped of its charm, soul and gameplay. That is A.R.E.S.

I always thought it was more like Contra. It's not like you select a stage to attack and gain powers of the boss when you finish it... at least not from what I played. It does have the run & gun platforming, but -- again -- I think more of Contra when I think of A.R.E.S.

I'll buy it for Ravensword.

Ravensword is in the Indie Gala January too, I think.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is metal gear ground zeroes suppose to come out on pc? they didn't confirm it did they?

Nothing has been confirmed but Kojima has said that it could happen. I believe Konami greenlighting a PC port of MGR was a move made to ascertain how much desire there is on the PC side for Metal Gear. It's seemingly done quite well so I'd say MGSV is likely, although don't expect an announcement any time soon.

Edit: Last night I dreamt that Anno 1404 got its long-overdue patch, which makes three Steam-related dreams in a row. This is getting ridiculous. ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Very nice work, as always, thanks jshack. :)

This is a lovely little feature:
p4wFvYR.png

To expand on this - this is a percentage of the 50 "most helpful" reviews for a particular game. So while some people may say "well it says 0% but there are also negative reviews", those negative reviews aren't "helpful" (at least not "helpful" enough to be in the top 50).

So yeah, it's a pretty good feature that could be made SO much better if Steam had a way for Enhanced Steam to know exactly how many positive / negative reviews a particular game has.

fallout

Nidhogg has matchmaking that works now?
Friends that bought it couldn't get the game to work over the internet.
A patch came out earlier today which supposedly fixed the invite system, which I was having issues with last night (although did manage to work around). Basically, your friends were likely sending invites to other people on their friends list and not each other.

Nothing has been confirmed but Kojima has said that it could happen. I believe Konami greenlighting a PC port of MGR was a move made to ascertain how much desire there is on the PC side for Metal Gear. It's seemingly done quite well so I'd say MGSV is likely, although don't expect an announcement any time soon.

Edit: Last night I dreamt that Anno 1404 got its long-overdue patch, which makes three Steam-related dreams in a row. This is getting ridiculous. ;)

Once your dreams come true you can be our resident Steam future teller.

Milamber

To expand on this - this is a percentage of the 50 "most helpful" reviews for a particular game. So while some people may say "well it says 0% but there are also negative reviews", those negative reviews aren't "helpful" (at least not "helpful" enough to be in the top 50).

So yeah, it's a pretty good feature that could be made SO much better if Steam had a way for Enhanced Steam to know exactly how many positive / negative reviews a particular game has.

Awww...

Absolutely no way ETS2 will get a thumbs down. That game is digital crack.

I laughed.

Will see how it plays out in the long term but I think Valve really needs to add a "this was actually a good review but I really liked the game, so now I'm feeling hurt and I'm going to mark it as unhelpful" option.

_hekk05

Banned
I laughed.

Will see how it plays out in the long term but I think Valve really needs to add a "this was actually a good review but I really liked the game, so now I'm feeling hurt and I'm going to mark it as unhelpful" option.

At least we know for sure he tried the game out extensively ... unless idle

Milamber

I laughed.

While hilarious, a lot of the other people who are looking for negatives in a game to buy will just give the thumbs down a glance and take it to heart in their purchase decisions down the road.

I liked this one:

12J3ww6.png

Looking through the reviews now and some of them are pure garbage. Not accurate at all. Then again this is SPUF, I shouldn't be surprised from this.

Metro: Last Light question.

I'm playing on Ranger difficulty, how do I tell the difference between regular rounds and military?

I poked around on this a little, because I'll probably give that mode a shot someday:

If... you are slightly holding down R when reloading then you will switch to military rounds and its almost impossible to tell if you are playing on Ranger/hardcore.

If the problem persists the only way I can see to guarantee that you don't use military rounds is to use a non-assault rifle weapon.

Metro: Last Light question.

I'm playing on Ranger difficulty, how do I tell the difference between regular rounds and military?

Do you mean how do you tell which ones your'e using in the gun? If so I think if you tap the reload button it will us dirty ammo, but if you hold the reload button it will use military grade ammo. But in Ranger there's no way of see how much of each ammo you have other than at trade depots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom