• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than an hour left.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-D7FCB7545586ED56 - Taken by jmizzal. 11 entrants total.
Hoard -- MB-357A17DC1CF01994 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 4 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-9DC817288791BB62 - Taken by ClassyPenguin. 3 entrants total.
Joe Danger 2: The Movie -- MB-1C0CD78059FB6436 - Taken by Dice. 8 entrants total.

t1389776181z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whatever happened to Wrestlefest on steam, it was listed for months?

Card Boy

Banned
I will ask you guys an honest question. Should Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines be sold considering it doesn't work without the fan patch? It literally does not launch at all unless you fan patch it.

I clocked it by the way so i know its amazing, which is not the point.

I realised there's no good boxing games on steam. After watching a bunch of Tyson fights and some documentaries, I had an itch to scratch, but alas, there was nothing. Kind of surprised me.

I will ask you guys an honest question. Should Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines be sold considering it doesn't work without the fan patch? It literally does not launch at all unless you fan patch it.

There's a responsibility on the developers part to ensure that it should be playable as is. Surely not every PC gamer is savvy enough to look for patches/mods, so, no, it really shouldn't be sold in that state.

Card Boy

Banned
I realised there's no good boxing games on steam. After watching a bunch of Tyson fights and some documentaries, I had an itch to scratch, but alas, there was nothing. Kind of surprised me.

Just get Fight Night: Champion on 360/PS3. Amazing enough to look like a next gen/pc game.

Just get Fight Night: Champion on 360/PS3. Amazing enough to look like a next gen/pc game.

Time to dust off the PS3 then. A little disappointing, I had it in my head that there had to be a Fight Night game on the PC. The last proper boxing game I played was Knockout Kings on the PS1. Fantastic game.

Beast Boxing Turbo?

More of a Punch-Out clone than a proper sim, but still, might be to your liking.

Looks kind of fun. Shockingly, I've never played Punch-Out in any of its forms. Or any clones, for that matter.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Groupees' Capsule Computers 3 bundle is now live. $1 gets you:

- Rush Bros. (Steam)
- Stasrpoint Gemini (Steam)
- Bad Bots (Steam)
- Return to Mysterious Island (DRM-free)

While $4 nets you the above as well as:

- Ravensword: Shadowlands (Steam)
- Storm Over the Pacific (Desura)
- A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda (Steam)
- Haegemonia Gold (DRM-free)

Unfortunately none of the non-Steam games are on Greenlight at the moment, but, hey, you never know!

which tier do we get the soundtrack for broken age?

$30 or higher.

Arthea

I just started playing the game as well..

Fun game so far.. kind of like a mix between Battleship and Stratego..

Basically, enemies are hidden under tiles with a commander hidden somewhere on the map. You have different units at your command. Some move quick/far which is good for exploring. You have long range artillery to take blind shots (ala Battleship), etc.

And for those interested in that sort of thing, the card market is really good (20-50 cents a card for regular, 2.75-20 foils)

But yeah, to get to the actual game there is a lot of setup/visual novel stuff in the beginning. Fun game so far!
You don't have long range artillery after the first fight. Poor Masamune :(
The more concerning is that scanning range is very short after too and scouts are easily killed because of that.

It is fun so far, I hope it'll get better with more options of assembling. Those modules might increase scout range again!

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bad Bots -- MB-1EE0548919D34E79 - Taken by didamangi
Starpoint Gemini -- MB-7D90C74E06729631 - Taken by Tellaerin
Rush Bros -- MB-6F58B27732D8499D - Taken by Sendou
ARES: Extinction Agenda -- MB-3FA91359CC6240BD - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk

Is motbot off ?

I have sent keys to register yesterday and no mail back ?

Did you include the word "register" in the subject line? Not doing so is an easy mistake to make (I've done it once myself).

Arthea

There is bad luck and there is this
ibpe1Mo3Z294Z3.png

I mean, seriously... if it was to happen for the first time it would be slightly less maddening. :(

Has anyone beaten Two brothers yet? I want to buy the new Indie Gala, but no one has submitted any clear time to HLTB.com and it looks like the game bombed horribly hard and nobody played it so I don't want to waste even a dollar on a potentially buggy/30+ hours game (I'm finishing Fallout: New Vegas right now, I just don't want to start another long RPG in a couple of months).

Grief.exe

A lot of older PC games are like that, where you need to add certain fan patches, updated DX compatibility, and widescreen hacks in order to get the game even working.

I know Vampire TM:B isn't that old, but I would place it in that grouping especially since the developer has been devolved.

Sober

How is the combat in that game compared to MGR?
Not too knowledgeable about stuff like MGR/NG/DMC/Bayo character action mechanics but in Darksiders 2:

-dodge only except with a certain secondary where you can block
-secondary weapon is your alternate attack, so combos begin to vary, could range from giant fuckoff hammers (heavy slow attacks with a bigger range) to small claw weapons (smaller fast close range weapons) - this is where loot comes in
-some juggling is involved, more aerial moves than MGR but not as crazy as most other games
-the demon hand ala Nero in DMC4 also exists for you to unbalance enemies or drag you right up to bosses
-there are some different mechanics for secondaries that involve you holding the Y/secondary attack button - used for timing bigger hits, etc or special-er moves
-IIRC the guy in charge of the combat mechanics either took a lot of cues from other games or has worked on them previously, which is why they feel very robust.
-there is a 100 wave gauntlet in the game you can just combat with, which is nice and probably the only good redeeming feature about it.

It's probably not as intricate or as ridiculously mechanical as other similar games but probably at least on par with MGR (if MGR is at the bottom mechanically robust as some might consider it) but it is very strong and well thought out. Darksiders 1 on the other hand was more God of War-ish I think (tbh I never played GoW either) and not really concerned with stylish moves or anything.

Tizoc

Grief, mind elaborating more on how even during Sales if a game is greatly discounted it's able to turn in a good revenue please?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thanks for Joe Danger 2! It intrigued me from the start but I never really played any Excitebike-ish games so I wasn't sure about it. It looked really cool on the WTF vid tho.

Now all that is left is the elusive Surgeon Simulator 2013... slipping through my hands in countless giveaways since it came out...

JaseC

Thx for the sequel of Bad Rats, JaseC :)
raheemdance01.gif

thx jasec :)

No worries. :)

New game from the original Flatout/Ridge Racer Unbounded devs. Lots of nice destruction it seems.
11522957475_907a375c21_o.gif

I just finished a derby race. If Carmageddon Reincarnation doesn't sport soft-body physics I'm going to be one sad panda. :(

Edit: Wireless X360 controller support seems to be broken, though. I can move the camera around in the garage and, uh, nothing else.

Seanspeed

Banned
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-4A25F2FECC2E4EE8 - Taken by Milamber. 3 entrants total.
Eryi's Action -- MB-EF491DB839327C0A - Taken by bobnowhere. 9 entrants total.
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-58662FEFF49ECC97 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 3 entrants total.

t1389778205z1.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I've only just started using categories, and even now I just tend to classify them into Favourites (the few games I'm actively invested in and know I'll play often), "New Games" which I've just recently got and want to give a try to soon, then basically Installed or Not Installed. I "only" have 230 games so scrolling through to see what I want to try next isn't really a chore.

Edit: Apparently I missed several pages and thought I joining in on a topic that wasn't a day old, ha. Never mind.

Sendou

I've only just started using categories, and even now I just tend to classify them into Favourites (the few games I'm actively invested in and know I'll play often), "New Games" which I've just recently got and want to give a try to soon, then basically Installed or Not Installed. I "only" have 230 games so scrolling through to see what I want to try next isn't really a chore.

I have all my games categorized by release year. I'm not sure what went in my head when I decided this was a good way to do it. Can't stop now though.

Ban Puncher

Less than an hour to go on this one people.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Hotline Miami -- MB-143ACA03BB65C084 - Taken by Dolken. 6 entrants total.

t1389780456z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom