• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

New patch for Völgar

"* Volgarr can now step up a few pixels automatically when walking instead of being required to jump over very tiny ledges." makes me very happy.

Up+Attack (Spear) and Down+Jump (Roll) shortcut buttons are now mapped to controller buttons in the default control scheme.

I'm glad they added this before any major sale.

So glad that Sinatar's thread about the destruction in Next Car Game got bumped yesterday. I was already tempted with pre-ordering through the site until it just popped up on Steam pushing me over the edge.

Never played any of the Flatout games in the past, but god damn does Bugbear's aggressive AI live up to its reputation. Getting 5th place is a struggle. And it feels so good.

Thanks Seanspeed!

So my new years resolution was to finish more games and then write a proper-ish review for each. Finished my second game a couple of days ago and keep putting off writing a review!

confuziz

Banned
I really want to purchase Humble Bundles, but I don't have a credit card and i don't trust paypal anymore (there were several security issues in the past).

=(

Zeknurn

Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 5.7. Not too many changes this time, as I've mostly been focused on updating the Firefox version this past week. Anyway, the changelog includes:

• Adds Steam review percentage of most helpful positive and negative reviews on app pages
  • "Hide -> DLC for games you do not own" now works with the new releases section on the homepage
  • Added new option to hide owned games on the homepage
  • Added Square Enix and Bundle Stars sites to price history information
  • Price history now shows for all apps on a store page, not just the first
  • Fixed a bug that caused early access banners on the "featured" section to not position correctly
  • Fixed a bug that caused regional pricing on sale pages to sometimes display incorrectly
  • Fixed a bug that broke formatting on badge page when crafting badges in certain situations
This version should update to all users within the next 60 minutes. As always, if you have any questions, please let me know.

Any idea if Opera plans on approving a new version soon? I'm still stuck on 5.1 which has stopped working somewhat.

Working title one imagines
11849280864_82dc87fb8e_o.gif

Must resist.

Dr Dogg

Well the peer pressure of preorder tat was too much to resist and I caved and bought AC: Liberation before hearing a single impression. Don't fuck this up and use the AC III version of Anvil Next Ubi.

Next Car Game looks fantastic. It reminds of the old Destruction Derby games for PS1, games that I had a lot of fun with. I could never get into the Burnout series, despite those having a similar appetite for destruction. Next Car Game, on the other hand, looks exactly how I'd imagine a Destruction Derby game would look in 2014. Looking forward to it.

Arthea

I really want to purchase Humble Bundles, but I don't have a credit card and i don't trust paypal anymore (there were several security issues in the past).

=(

I'm not sure of what security issues you talk, I used paypal for more years that I care to count, and it is the safest way, imo. If you make your rule to ignore all fake playpal e-mails, there are lots of those around, evade all questionable sites and things like that, common sense mostly. Not to mention that if you use basic precautions, you can get your money back if deal goes wrong. I don't know better service of this kind.

edited: I bought groupees bundle without checking... only to realise that I have all games on steam already... again, funny and sad at the same time. Here is hoping that DRM free games are worth those $4!

Copons

There is bad luck and there is this
ibpe1Mo3Z294Z3.png

I mean, seriously... if it was to happen for the first time it would be slightly less maddening. :(

Well don't cry: I only got naked Phil Fish from Indie Game The Movie.

Just imagine what your inventory could be full of naked Phil Fish, I dare you.

confuziz

Banned
I'm not sure of what security issues you talk, I used paypal for more years that I care to count, and it is the safest way, imo. If you make your rule to ignore all fake playpal e-mails, there are lots of those around, evade all questionable sites and things like that, common sense mostly. Not to mention that if you use basic precautions, you can get your money back if deal goes wrong. I don't know better service of this kind.

They've got 11.000 cases of fraud each day =P.

Played an hour of Max Payne 3 and it is all pretty well done.

Can I ask if it is a game with a bail out point? (Where you have seen and done everything good and it is rinse and repeat time) or is it worth sticking with until the end?

Can I ask if it is a game with a bail out point? (Where you have seen and done everything good and it is rinse and repeat time) or is it worth sticking with until the end?

Play until you're no longer having fun I suppose? It's a pretty straight shooter with none of the divergent dream elements the first two games had although there is down time in terms of environmental things you can play with(watching tv, clues, etc) I've played through the game 7 times at this point, just a fun game to fly through every now and again although of course the cutscenes get annoying after a while. Quality stays pretty steady throughout as well, although there are a few bits in the two penultimate chapters that are annoying.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Play until you're no longer having fun I suppose? It's a pretty straight shooter with none of the divergent dream elements the first two games had although there is down time in terms of environmental things you can play with(watching tv, clues, etc) I've played through the game 7 times at this point, just a fun game to fly through every now and again although of course the cutscenes get annoying after a while. Quality stays pretty steady throughout as well, although there are a few bits in the two penultimate chapters that are annoying.

I definitely feel like playing Max Payne 3 again. I really enjoyed it. I got a little frustrated at the final part of the game, but that was mainly because I wasn't as good at the game as the game thought I was. But overall I thought it was a really good experience.

Tenrius

I'd say play the whole thing.

Ryne

Edit 1: wrong thread.

Edit 2: I would love an arcade racer with the damage of Next Car Game. Not a fan of demolition derby stuff.

Jawmuncher

Nope. You can't buy it. It must be gifted or won through raffle.

Only when the stars align and the ModBot allows it, may you be inducted into the circle that is SteamGaf Platinum.

Geez it took me ages to get Bad Rats.
Barbie will probably be delisted by then.

_hekk05

Banned
Geez it took me ages to get Bad Rats.
Barbie will probably be delisted by then.

I have neither. Am cry. But please don't gift me anything. Must win them through raffles to unlock achievements and bragging privileges.

Also seem to remember a game making the rounds that involved magic crystals.

Jawmuncher

I have neither. Am cry. But please don't gift me anything. Must win them through raffles to unlock achievements and bragging privileges.

Also seem to remember a game making the rounds that involved magic crystals.

No one ever knows what the future holds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom