• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

They should keep the name. In fact, all racing games should have "Car Game" in the name. Much better than "[FOUR LETTER WORD]"

Should have been a franchise back in the day. Would have had CAR GAME for NES, SUPER CAR GAME for SNES and of course ULTRA CAR GAME 64: THE REVENGEINING for N64.

Then drop Nintendo and make the Next Car Game, Nextest Car Game and Penultimate Car Game.

PKM6RBO.jpg

Yes! Now I want to die in different new ways! :D

Arthea

crowned.jpg
Yes! Now I want to die in different new ways! :D
congratulations
Good luck with that, you gonna need it! ;)

Should have been a franchise back in the day. Would have had CAR GAME for NES, SUPER CAR GAME for SNES and of course ULTRA CAR GAME 64: THE REVENGEINING for N64.

Then drop Nintendo and make the Next Car Game, Nextest Car Game and Penultimate Car Game.

It seems to me, that you are forgetting all line of Arcade Car Games: CAR GAME ARCADE, SUPER CAR GAMER ARCADE, ULTRA CAR GAME ARCADE, Next Car Game ARCADE and so on. Not to mention Next Car Game: Arcade Battle, Next Car Game: Full Scale and Next Car Game Turbo, Next Car Game Evolution and last but not least Next Car Game Revolution.

I'm sure we can fit Redemption and Resurrection in there.

valouris

Here are my extras from the humble bundle. The Papo & Yo one might not work because I clicked the link, but I did not press redeem. Good luck all!

ModBot said:
Instructions for valouris:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori 2 -- MB-17F8261B289A4C58 - Taken by wetflame. 14 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-949C71FD6D5621C8 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 3 entrants total.

t1389797601z1.png

Brainsaw

Neo Member
That Next Car Game looks awesome and I generally don't even like racing games. Then again, I love me some senseless destruction, so they're to playing my key weakness :(

That Next Car Game looks awesome and I generally don't even like racing games. Then again, I love me some senseless destruction, so they're to playing my key weakness :(

Would have to agree. I haven't played a racing game since GT2 so I'm not exactly big on the genre. But it still looks like something I might try one day.

Thanks all for the thoughts on Max Payne 3. I played another hour...but I've done the quit and uninstall. I actually think it is a really well done game and I'd expect shooter fans to love it. I'm just not a shooter fan and I think I got enough from what I played.

Dr Dogg

I'm sure we can fit Redemption and Resurrection in there.

If Metal Gear has taught us anything that if you prefix "Re" and suffix "aning" to you subtitle they indefinitely become more bad arse.

I'm sure someone will make a subtitle generator web app using that logic.

NIN90

capture41xn7.png

Just finished off the last cheevo in Arkham Asylum. I did the same thing with the GFWL version a couple years ago.
This game is still as outstanding as it was back then. It's probably the best paced game ever next to RE4.

Only very few games join my "ima get all achievements in this bitch" club (the other ones being Bayonetta, Mega Man 9, CoJ: Gunslinger and Assassin's Creed 2) and this one did it twice.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Penultimate? What's the name of the last one then? :p

I would like to see that, in action I mean. (><)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQk_DS7g1T8

People like zombies and they like cars

It's only a question of when

If Metal Gear has taught us anything that if you prefix "Re" and suffix "aning" to you subtitle they indefinitely become more bad arse.

I'm sure someone will make a subtitle generator web app using that logic.

Speaking of which, I want Metal Gear Rising: Begintroductions starring Gray Fox

I will never stop making this joke until someone laughs

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, we have those already
http://store.steampowered.com/app/220820

I have another one too, I can't remember, how it is called:(

Thanks for reminding me to send an e-mail to Exor asking if it would be possible to receive a Steam key for the original Zombie Driver if I were to purchase it from elsewhere. Annoyingly Zombie Driver HD replaced the original only on Steam -- it's still available on GamersGate and GMG at the very least.

Hasney

I had so much fun playing Carmageddon in my friend's computer, the chaos was so fun.

Same. Then Carmageddon 2 came out and it was such a resource hungry game, my Pentium 2 couldn't keep up. I didn't get to play it until I bought my own P4 system.
I need to get into the damn in-home streaming beta! All my HTPC plans depend on it! :(

My laptops spare HDMI port depends on it! Then building my HTPC.

On balance, if you're reading this Gabe, Hasney clearly has the superior need for streaming. Thanks & smooches in advance.

Dr Dogg

Thanks for reminding me to send an e-mail to Exor asking if it would be possible to receive a Steam key for the original Zombie Driver if I were to purchase it from elsewhere. Annoyingly Zombie Driver HD replaced the original only on Steam -- it's still available on GamersGate and GMG at the very least.

So hang on a sec, Zombie Driver has been pulled and replaced with Zombie Driver HD but folks who own Zombie Drive didn't get upgraded to the HD version but do have an elusive and now unobtainable game on Steam?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So hang on a sec, Zombie Driver has been pulled and replaced with Zombie Driver HD but folks who own Zombie Drive didn't get upgraded to the HD version but do have an elusive and now unobtainable game on Steam?

Yes, those bastards. :p

Dr Dogg

Yes, those bastards. :p

Yeah just checked my library and there's no HD on the end.

Score one more for the rare games count!

This is turning out to the best meta game I can think of. Plus with stuff like Ghostbusters and (eventually) Anno 1404 making a return it's a bit of a gamble as to what will remain rarities.

Knurek

you should get Puzzle Quest Challenge of the Warlords, no questions asked, as it's a great game. Galactrix? How much you like these type of games, if a lot, buy it.

Also, remember that this is a match-3 game at heart - if you hate them (some people do), Puzzle Quest won't change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom