• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Started playing Bit.Trip Runner 2, completed the first... stage? and saw that my puny 600k high-score was just not enough compared to some of you people I have on my friend-list, which went up to 1.354.000 for the first and 1.2 million for the 4th.

So I started replaying the level over and over, but even managing a fully perfect run would only get me as high as 900k.
Then I noticed that I could switch the difficulty up/down and managed to get a perfect run on Rather Tough, but that only netted me a highscore of 1.025.000.
Is there some other way to get even more points that I'm missing?

mmitt

found another leftover key under the couch while cleaning, if somebody wants it :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Razor2: Hidden Skies -- MB-1DA527BE30731F12 - Taken by KenOD

sportz103

Started playing Bit.Trip Runner 2, completed the first... stage? and saw that my puny 600k high-score was just not enough compared to some of you people I have on my friend-list, which went up to 1.354.000 for the first and 1.2 million for the 4th.

So I started replaying the level over and over, but even managing a fully perfect run would only get me as high as 900k.
Then I noticed that I could switch the difficulty up/down and managed to get a perfect run on Rather Tough, but that only netted me a highscore of 1.025.000.
Dancing

Question on F.E.A.R. On the 3rd party drm list it says "SecuROM is activated on launching (the now defunct) multiplayer. The singleplayer parts of the game contain no third party DRM." If it is activated when attempting to go online will that effect the single player?

Aitor

BeECqbWCcAA7X-Z.jpg

clearer image

BeEDABFCMAAOv8K.jpg

This will be so AWESOME!
I live in Mexico and the currency exchange USD/Peso kills some good deals on steam.

I see retail games at 499 to 699 pesos for new AAA+, thats like 37.5 to 50 usd.
if they do a 9.99 usd to 99 pesos, buying in mexico will be a 30% cheaper.

edit: EA did that a few years back.

MRORANGE

Question on F.E.A.R. On the 3rd party drm list it says "SecuROM is activated on launching (the now defunct) multiplayer. The singleplayer parts of the game contain no third party DRM." If it is activated when attempting to go online will that effect the single player?

No it shouldn't.

Jump over the checkpoint instead of crossing it. There's also dancing but that won't unlock until you get to world 2.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This will be so AWESOME!
I live in Mexico and the currency exchange USD/Peso kills some good deals on steam.

I see retail games at 499 to 699 pesos for new AAA+, thats like 37.5 to 50 usd.
if they do a 9.99 usd to 99 pesos, buying in mexico will be a 30% cheaper.

edit: EA did that a few years back.

Traditionally speaking, on Steam, developers and publishers are responsible for setting the price for their games in different currencies. I believe that there is a default setting for this conversion, but it's usually not been favorable.

Those are for the DLC.

Hrm, I didn't have the humanoid gekkos in mind. I thought it worked like the data chips, left arms, and MiBs. I would just find them and beat R-07 again to get the rewards for finding them. As for the codecs... I forgot that was even an achievement.

What VR missions? I posted a good write up on VR mission 18 in the MGR thread.

Eh, Hard for sam is a lot harder than Hard for Raiden, so that's up to you. Bladewolf takes a ton more damage easily, even on Hard. So just go with whatever you want.

17, 18, 19 of course.
Got a link to your writeup handy?
I've done it before, but I'm always open to learning new strategies.

Gvaz

Banned
Hurray for Canadian dollars! Unless it means U.S.-only sales, in which case NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCK OFF WITH THAT SHIT.

Believe it. What they're doing is basically going "this country is only allowed to sell in the market range of the current income of the country" regardless of the fact that sure, that is like $140 AUD for a new game for aussies, $60 for americans, and $20 for russians, and I don't make enough to buy games at $60 but do at $20. Thanks for that.

Also it has the poor side effect of places like germany or austrailia who don't understand videogames, to ban and remove stupid shit from them.

Bleahhhh
Giving up on Valdis Story.
Boss-fights are just way too much of a grind. I'm max level but apparently my build is too shit to do anything more than chip damage to the late-game (optional?) bosses. The fights go on far too long, and I'm not going to get any meaningful rewards unless I get a high rank.

Seriously, the whole "get better stat-ups with a better rank" idea rubs me the wrong way. The stat-ups should be guaranteed. The incentives to do better are already there in the form of achievements.

Anyway I'm not much in the mood for re-doing 6 hours of progress just to move a few stat-points around, so I'm going to call it a wash.

Is this a new record?

hs5m.png

The sad part is that I've put 5 hours into the game and have only gotten 6 achievements. You'd think a game with that many would be a tinge more generous with them.

Grief.exe

BeEGx_ZCcAE3txa.jpg

2 million transactions of cards and items each day during the sale..... those pennies sure do add up quick.

Dec 19th- January 2nd right?

30 million transactions, that is insane.

Bleahhhh
Boss-fights are just way too much of a grind. I'm max level but apparently my build is too shit to do anything more than chip damage to the late-game (optional?) bosses. The fights go on far too long, and I'm not going to get any meaningful rewards unless I get a high rank.

Seriously, the whole "get better stat-ups with a better rank" idea rubs me the wrong way. The stat-ups should be guaranteed. The incentives to do better are already there in the form of achievements.

Anyway I'm not much in the mood for re-doing 6 hours of progress just to move a few stat-points around, so I'm going to call it a wash.

I'll make sure to do a bit of research before I start playing then.

Turfster

Dec 19th- January 2nd right?

30 million transactions, that is insane.

With a minimum of 1 cent for Valve, and 1 cent for whoever owns the game the cards are for.
Nice pocket money. (Altho to be fair to Valve, that many people accessing their site and downloading games is gonna cost a pretty penny too)

oipic

My initial reaction is this will turn out to be a very bad thing.

Yep, can see $AUD prices being gouged by default - will be wide open to publishers playing funny-buggers with regional pricing. This, coupled with the potential to restrict or discourage gifting across stores/regions, might not end well, unfortunately.

Interesting times ahead, in any case.

I got every single achievement in Rayman Legends PC last week. Took me 54 hours.

kocWIXF.jpg

To bad It's an Uplay game, would love to have that 100% on my Steam account.

I got every single achievement in Rayman Legends PC last week.

kocWIXF.jpg

To bad It's an Uplay game, would love to have that 100% on my Steam account.

Good job!

The Vita version of this game, with it's changed trophy set, has soured me on playing my Vita. :(

I have it on PC too, I hope it's better there. Between the online challenges and the touchscreen/gyro Murfy stuff, I'm not loving the Vita version.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All these things and Valve still has yet to update the dated client.

They actually update the client all the time, it's just usually not for things that users typically ask for (tabbed browsing, faster browser components, library sorting options, etc).

Good job!

The Vita version of this game, with it's changed trophy set, has soured me on playing my Vita. :(

I have it on PC too, I hope it's better there. Between the online challenges and the touchscreen/gyro Murfy stuff, I'm not loving the Vita version.

My biggest problem with the PC version was doing the daily challenges on the Uplay servers. They're terrible, sometimes I couldn't even play them because the servers were down. And if you want to hit level 11, you don't have an option, you have to play them.

And I did it for over a hundred days!

Now I'm playing Rayman Origins on my Vita. I think I'll go after that platinum trophy :p

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Bleahhhh

The sad part is that I've put 5 hours into the game and have only gotten 6 achievements. You'd think a game with that many would be a tinge more generous with them.

I love Valdis Story (Haven't finished it myself though, lost my save, started Dark Souls, haven't looked back since) but I'm conflicted on that part of it. You get SO MUCH extra experience from getting an A/S rank on a boss, and on top of that you practically get the benefits of an extra level from the stat boosts it gives.

I like how challenging the combat is, it's a nice change of pace for this type of game. Guacamelee had fun combat and the platforming got pretty tricky, but aside from one boss the enemies didn't really pose a problem and you never needed the levels to do well. Unfortunately Valdis Story seems like you can really screw yourself over by leveling up poorly and there's no respec, and there's no way to try a boss again for a better score to get the bonus you missed (unless you just quit and load from your last save). It's nice to give a bonus for performing well but playing poorly early in general punishes you so much that it's hard to catch up even if you get better at the game. Even before I lost my save I started a new game because I felt like I made bad choices leveling and that second go was a lot easier once I got to the same spot where I got stuck, mostly because of my leveling choices.

I'm all the way against "It already gives you achievements so it doesn't need to give you anything in game" though. I could not possibly care less about achievements, I much prefer in-game rewards.

FloatOn

hey GFWL randomly decided to work tonight so come tomorrow I'm going to play the ever living fuck out of fallout 3.

I'm pretty excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom