• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locust

The reason for that is Double Fine only made one backer sub, rather than one for <$30 backers and another inclusive of the OST. I'm going to PM Chris but unfortunately I don't see anything changing due to the egregious oversight. Situations like this are exactly why I don't bother backing successful Kickstarters anymore -- I wouldn't have pledged $30 if I knew that I would've been asked to buy the game again just to get the soundtrack on Steam.

I have this exact same problem with Next Car Game. They only give out Steam keys for the regular edition even if you bought the Digital Deluxe through their site. Bonus stuff is all non-Steam, even the 2.0 Sneak Peek that I bought the god damn game at full price for.
Makes me feel doubly bad for taking a nap and having the russian price double just as I was asking a seller to get it for me.

I emailed them about adding a bonus sub but I'm not expecting much.

So other than MGR I have been kinda stuck playing Super Metroid and finally finished it (without collecting all the missile or health upgrades) the other day. Not sure what to do next. I was maybe thinking of finally installing Lords of Shadow but having never played Castlevania and I bought a copy of Order of Ecclesia I have been told that should be where I go first.

Great, so here I go thinking I should play the games I bought.
not crazy at all guys
Be wary of handholding. A lot of it. More than in Tomb Raider 2013.

It's still somewhat fun to play through
(unlike the Tomb Raider reboot)
if you can get past that, but its incessant need to provide constant 'advice' is obnoxious.

Just clocked Borderlands 1. Should i play any of the DLC? Mad Moxxi was pretty bad.
Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and Secret Armory of General Knoxx were pretty good DLC's. Gearbox kinda threw Mad Moxxi out there just to give players a bank / more inventory space.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The thing is, they don't need to make a separate sub. Just make the soundtrack a DLC, then add the DLC sub to all the $30+ backers on Humble, and there you go, problem solved.

What I mean is that the situation occurred because DF didn't make a separate sub (it's clear that the intention was to give $30+ backers the OST on Steam as the backer sub initially included it, and I was originally told that I would receive it upon redeeming the key), not that it needs to now, and the soundtrack is DLC. I had the same thought and in my e-mail to DF as well as the PM to Chris I mentioned distributing keys pertaining only to the soundtrack to $30+ backers as a possible rectification, but as DF Support's follow-up reply amounted to "stiff biscuits" I don't foresee any changes.

I have this exact same problem with Next Car Game. They only give out Steam keys for the regular edition even if you bought the Digital Deluxe through their site. Bonus stuff is all non-Steam, even the 2.0 Sneak Peek that I bought the god damn game at full price for.
Makes me feel doubly bad for taking a nap and having the russian price double just as I was asking a seller to get it for me.

I emailed them about adding a bonus sub but I'm not expecting much.

It feels a bit dirty to me, to be honest. "We didn't plan ahead" isn't really an excuse.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Next Car game a physics game or a car game? I can't tell :/

It's both (in addition to NCG proper there's a separate app that basically lets you fool around in a physics sandbox), but the actual game portion is lacking in content at this juncture.

Deques

It's both (in addition to NCG proper there's a separate app that basically lets you fool around in a physics sandbox), but the actual game portion is lacking in content at the is juncture.

The game looks interesting, too bad I missed the mispriced russian price

random

edit: I would really appreciate an invite to the NeoGAF Group.

My Steam ID is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RahRandom (had to create the custom URL, I have not used the community features much yet...)

I will not be much online in the next days (in addition to not having a capable system, at the moment I also have a horrible connection), but I always forgot to ask.

edit again: Thank you!

Spares:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hoard -- MB-9FDD3568A8E2245B - Taken by Mengy. 3 entrants total.
Aztaka -- MB-86FBAD9D44071765 - Taken by Kuroyume. 6 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-FFFD119F8DB57024 - Taken by Sarcasm. 6 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-6041F734E021CEE4 - Taken by Catshade. 18 entrants total.

t1389889212z1.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Hmm. I have about 20 or so TF2 weapons that I can sell for around 5-9p each, wondering whether to clear out my inventory as I don't really play TF2 anymore, for some reason I've held on to them for ages. I should probably just get rid of them so I can get an extra couple of quid to put towards the next sale.

edit: I would really appreciate an invite to the NeoGAF Group.

My Steam ID is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RahRandom (had to create the custom URL, I have not used the community features much yet...)

I will not be much online in the next days (in addition to not having a capable system, at the moment I also have a horrible connection), but I always forgot to ask.

edit again: Thank you!

Spares:

Thank you for the chance of winning Toki Tori 2!!!

MGR is the most frustratingly rewarding game i've played. I don't think I've ever cursed at my computer more.

Fuck those ape guys. They really suck.

It was 50% off during the Black Friday as well, that's when I picked up my copy :)

oh damn. Hopefully that means 75% off will come quicker as well :D

...still need to get through AssRev and Ass3 first...

29.99 on amazon 2 weeks after release. wheres that thread about how sales punish your fans...

oh that's bad. Need to change that "never buy a game under $20" to "never buy a game on release"

JakeD

oh that's bad. Need to change that "never buy a game under $20" to "never buy a game on release"

that along with Batman AO's rapid descent into 60% off have officially sealed it for me...never again.

that $30 extra i spent could have went to 3 full priced indie titles.. aka the people who actually need my money

that along with Batman AO's rapid descent into 60% off have officially sealed it for me...never again.

that $30 extra i spent could have went to 3 full priced indie titles.. aka the people who actually need my money

Yup agreed. Only time I'm going to pre-order now is if I can get a good deal ($14 for MGR, $22 for BAO).

Or if I need the game badly (Blands2, BioInf)

nexen

Any thoughts? Looks like an older Transformers wannabe.

I'm so glad this came out on Steam. Totally unexpected.
I bought it day one on the original Xbox and later i double dipped on the PC version when it was apparent I'd never see a proper Xbox emulator. It was a lot of fun at the time and deserved to make a bigger impact.

It ran well, had decent enough shooting and arcade air combat and it seamlessly transitioned between the two modes. I only remember one boss fight, but it was well done. The art direction was on the bland side and the levels were rather small though.

I don't think it would've aged too well and I suspect that it doesn't have proper widescreen support, but I haven't tried to play my PC copy of it in years so maybe that was fixed?

Anteater

Is there a way to map a keyboard key to the playstation button on a dualshock? (or guide button on 360 controller), I want to use it for screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom