• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/267900/

Guilty Gear Isuka

I wonder if they will give out steam keys to people who already own it...

This is unexpected, anyway I always welcome fight games on PC. Is this GG good?

I'm so glad this came out on Steam. Totally unexpected.
I bought it day one on the original Xbox and later i double dipped on the PC version when it was apparent I'd never see a proper Xbox emulator. It was a lot of fun at the time and deserved to make a bigger impact.

It ran well, had decent enough shooting and arcade air combat and it seamlessly transitioned between the two modes. I only remember one boss fight, but it was well done. The art direction was on the bland side and the levels were rather small though.

I don't think it would've aged too well and I suspect that it doesn't have proper widescreen support, but I haven't tried to play my PC copy of it in years so maybe that was fixed?

That's fine. I'm loving that Steam is putting all these old games on there. Thanks for your input and on the wishlist it goes! :)

Turfster

It's also on GamersGate

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-GGI/guilty-gear-isuka

I think i got it with a IndieGala bundle and activated it on GG.

Thats why i hope they hand out steam keys, but i bet they won't...

They won't. Confirmed.
Email from Kiss Ltd said:
It was not managed through Kiss, and we have only just licensed these titles from Funbox, so would not have received any revenues from the bundle.

There is a major issue right now with providing keys in such circumstances, as the majority of the bundle customer just tends to sell them on to a number of sites springing up who sell just Steam keys for which the developer receives nothing. This takes money and customers from the developer, publisher and Steam, so I would have to say no, at this point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
holy shit Guilty Gear Isuka :O will indiegala giveout keys from that OLD ASS bundle that had it?

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261740

More Shmup action on steam... always nice :)

Anybody know if it's good?

It's good, I can vouch. It's fairly slow paced with more of a tactical resource management angle rather then a reaction bullet hell type game. But if you're cool with that there is a ton of cool and fairly diverse content in there and a nice leveling/customizing system. For £5, I would say its worth it. Menus are a little odd at first, but I got used to them and that was a while ago so hopefully they've been patched out.

MRORANGE

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/267900/

Guilty Gear Isuka

I wonder if they will give out steam keys to people who already own it...

Nice, another one to the fighters list:

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Skullgirls
Injustice: Gods Among Us
The King Of Fighters XIII
Street Fighter X Tekken
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
Virtua Fighter 2
Eternal Champions
Divekick
Vanguard Princess
Guilty Gear Isuka

FloatOn

Skullgirls
Street Fighter X Tekken
Virtua Fighter 2
Eternal Champions
Divekick
Vanguard Princess
Guilty Gear Isuka

Add Nidhogg, Samurai Gunn and Overgrowth to that list and you will be set.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is Isuka even a fighting game? I thought it was more like a sidescrolling brawler, final fight / streets of rage style?

(this is purely from the pictures lol)

AkuMifune

Banned
So Might and Magic X releasing officially next week? Are games usually cheaper through Early Access and I should pick it up now?

As it happens I'll have a friend in town next week that I beat Might and Magic 6 with like 15 years ago. He doesn't play many games, but X will be a fun remembrance.

Bought a wireless 360 controller plus adapter for couch gaming (already have two wired controllers). Couldn't wait until they released a driver for the Xbox One controller, fuck you MS.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
It's good, I can vouch. It's fairly slow paced with more of a tactical resource management angle rather then a reaction bullet hell type game. But if you're cool with that there is a ton of cool and fairly diverse content in there and a nice leveling/customizing system. For £5, I would say its worth it. Menus are a little odd at first, but I got used to them and that was a while ago so hopefully they've been patched out.

Thanks!

It has chickens, I don't care if it is good or not. It will be mine at some point! :p

Good point :p

Seems like 2 Bonuses are revealed from the new Indie Gala January Bundle.

And one of it is a big one : Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/dOwZu/indie-gala-january

Could be true.

No way!?!?
I hope it's true, but it's hard to believe it would be in a bundle so soon...

Did the PC version sell well?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Skullgirls
Street Fighter X Tekken
Virtua Fighter 2
Eternal Champions
Divekick
Vanguard Princess
Guilty Gear Isuka
Each passing day, the Steam controller is less and less worth it. At this rate, Valve should scrap it completely, since it fails at the most important genre of all.

(this is an attempt at Morningbus' sarcastic posting style, though I'm nowhere near him in terms of humor or language usage)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So Might and Magic X releasing officially next week? Are games usually cheaper through Early Access and I should pick it up now?

As it happens I'll have a friend in town next week that I beat Might and Magic 6 with like 15 years ago. He doesn't play many games, but X will be a fun remembrance.

I don't think that the price will go up when it's released, but the Early Access version is the "Digital Deluxe Edition" that includes a free copy of Might & Magic VI, an exclusive dungeon, and the first DLC for free.

It's possible that these bonuses (or some of them) will be removed after it leaves early access. It could end up being like Rayman Origins where they offered Rayman 2 as a pre-purchase bonus and after it was gone there has been no way to get it on Steam since.

I'd say if you're even remotely interested (especially in having VI on Steam) you should pick it up now. Or if you don't care about the bonuses and just want the game, wait for it to release (probably either $19.99 or $24.99 for the "regular" version) and wait for it to go on sale.

IN B4 THX

ModBot said:
Instructions for C00kie M0nster:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-E6D9802FB3B93677 - Taken by Kirosia
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-A482F0A627526CB8 - Taken by StAidan

Li Kao

Mmh, I can't buy things this month, it would be unreasonable... but Might & Magic ? A M&M inspired by the best ones ? And a bonus dungeon for preorder ? This is too much, I won't be able to resist that.
I should even stop everything and replay M&M 3-5. And Planescape.

AkuMifune

Banned
I don't think that the price will go up when it's released, but the Early Access version is the "Digital Deluxe Edition" that includes a free copy of Might & Magic VI, an exclusive dungeon, and the first DLC for free.

It's possible that these bonuses (or some of them) will be removed after it leaves early access. It could end up being like Rayman Origins where they offered Rayman 2 as a pre-purchase bonus and after it was gone there has been no way to get it on Steam since.

I'd say if you're even remotely interested (especially in having VI on Steam) you should pick it up now.

Good points! Yeah I'll pick it up now then. I have to have M&MVI. Get that Jon Van Caneghem all up in my Steam library!

Mmh, I can't buy things this month, it would be unreasonable... but Might & Magic ? A M&M inspired by the best ones ? And a bonus dungeon for preorder ? This is too much, I won't be able to resist that.
I should even stop everything and replay M&M 3-5. And Planescape.

Don't remind me I got halfway through my Planescape replay before getting lost and giving up. Damn.

Grief.exe

True, too bad DS4 is like $70 here. I bought the controller and adapter from a friend for less than $30, which is a great price here :p

Agreed, the next-gen controller, much like the consoles themselves, are kind of a poor investment currently.

We all have 360 controllers and PCs that serve the same function, except do it much better in the case of the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom