• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

(cut, quoting just for the sake of quoting)

RionaaM, I have to tell you: I've been playing Bit.Trip Runner2 for several days now, and I'M TOTALLY HATING YOU AND THE FACT YOU'RE ALWAYS ON TOP OF EVERY LEVEL LEADERBOARD, COME ON!!!

You and that damn Salsa, but at least the points difference with him is doable, a matter of a couple of dancing here and there, BUT YOU!! you and your always millions above my points!!

:'(

Everyone has already jumped on the DS4 bandwagon anyways.

I'd hardly say "everyone". Few days ago I got rid of MotionInJoy and used the SCP wrapper for my DS3 and that again took me few tries to install it correctly. In the middle of the process I got so annoyed, that I just ordered a cheap wireless 360 receiver for the PC, "just in case". As long as it isn't a 100% fool proof plug-and-play solution, I just can't switch to something like that.

Giving some Origin codes, please take them if you want to play the game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Origin keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Burnout Paradise -- MB-82F4A7A855873743 - Taken by Spirited
Crysis 2 -- MB-6F152EC5CBC89F7C - Taken by brotkasten. 1 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-55829C3D8FE17BB3 - Taken by Nvzman
Mirror's Edge -- MB-E8057E39A320128D - Taken by SilentRacoon
Dead Space -- MB-4859B19ADA155C5D - Taken by Spirited

t1389894076z1.png

Agreed, the next-gen controller, much like the consoles themselves, are kind of a poor investment currently.

We all have 360 controllers and PCs that serve the same function, except do it much better in the case of the latter.

Agreed. It's going to come down to a Steam controller or an Xbox One controller for me personally. I love the DS4 but I'd prefer one that's backwards compatible with the 360 controller that I currently use. By that I mean on screen-inputs and plug and play.

joe2187

Banned
I bought Amnesia: AMFP on Gamefly, do they give me a code eventually after purchase? or do I have to use their game downloader software?

Li Kao

Good points! Yeah I'll pick it up now then. I have to have M&MVI. Get that Jon Van Caneghem all up in my Steam library!

Don't remind me I got halfway through my Planescape replay before getting lost and giving up. Damn.

Ungh, Planescape, and to say that in my only play-through I couldn't
open the damn thing.
Nearest thing I have of a video game trauma.

And Might & Magic wise, the only time I booted my Gog version the mouse control were laggy IIRC, I so want to replay the series, but I won't accept a subbpar experience for one of the defining saga of my gaming life.

MRORANGE

Each passing day, the Steam controller is less and less worth it. At this rate, Valve should scrap it completely, since it fails at the most important genre of all.

(this is an attempt at Morningbus' sarcastic posting style, though I'm nowhere near him in terms of humor or language usage)

Just throw in some obscure references, that will get you up a few notches.

Add Nidhogg, Samurai Gunn and Overgrowth to that list and you will be set.

I'm a fan of a pretty broad definition for fighting games, so I'd add stuff like Gun Monkeys and Megabyte Punch to that list as well. I was hoping that the Capcom D&D side scrollers coming to Steam would also mean that the other remakes from that era (SFIII:OE, Marvel Origins, Darkstalkers) would also be on the way. But sadly that doesn't seem to be the case.

HoosTrax

Isn't it slow as hell, in general to charge things via PC USB. Given a choice, I usually use the USB cable --> wall wart adapter when I charge my phone or Nexus.

Grief.exe

I'd hardly say "everyone". Few days ago I got rid of MotionInJoy and used the SCP wrapper for my DS3 and that again took me few tries to install it correctly. In the middle of the process I got so annoyed, that I just ordered a cheap wireless 360 receiver for the PC, "just in case". As long as it isn't a 100% fool proof plug-and-play solution, I just can't switch to something like that.

I was mostly referring to the next-gen options.

no juniors so mean :(

We have had too many problems with Juniors in the past, survive until your membership and be apart of the community
by proving you hate Bioshock Infinite

Isn't it slow as hell, in general to charge things via PC USB. Given a choice, I usually use the USB cable --> wall wart adapter when I charge my phone or Nexus.

I believe they don't provide as much amperage as a wall socket would.

joe2187

Banned
Giveaway tyme
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

skullgirlsencore_610.jpg

Skullgirls -- MB-46B8A10EAFA3AB51 - Taken by adriano999. 51 entrants total.

t1389904601z1.png

Everyone has already jumped on the DS4 bandwagon anyways.

I played through the entirety of Dust with my DS4 and loved it compared to my 360 controller. Obviously the Dpad being actually usable plays a big part in that. I have also noticed that when using it with games like trackmania that I can clearly tell a difference in the lack of deadzones in the analog sticks compared to the 360 controller. It makes small adjustments when steering so much easier. I've used the DS4 on my PC more than on my PS4 lol.

Backlogger

Agreed, I'm perfectly content with my 360 controllers

Grief.exe

Giving away one of my favorite games from 2013.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Don't Starve -- MB-A33CD5B68578766E - Taken by Xanathus

Turfster

Daily The Darkness II 75% off

Weekend
  • Company of Heroes 2 66% off FREE WEEKEND (not active yet)
  • Saints Row IV 50% off FREE WEEKEND (not active yet)

A couple of really awesome giveaways there guys! Skullgirls and Don't Starve are both excellent games! They both made my top 5 Steam Games of 2013.
Along with Bioshock Infinite, sorry Grief. :p

Why do free weekends always end on 1:00 pm on Sunday?
Doesn't seem like much of a weekend.

(Definitely doesn't help that I work long hours on the weekend. My days off are Tues/Wed)

HoosTrax

SRIV lets you play as a female character like the previous game, right? One of things I loved about it, compared to say, the GTA games.

Which is almost weird and contradictory in a way considering the game's ribald humor.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
SRIV lets you play as a female character like the previous game, right? One of things I loved about it, compared to say, the GTA games.

Which is almost weird and contradictory in a way considering the game's ribald humor.

yes

Turfster

Yes. The only SR Boss is Laura Bailey Boss.
Also, SR is a very good equal opportunity fanservice game, unlike GTA.

Lunaniem

Yes, you can even import your character from SR3.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

SR4 lets you play as whatever you want. You swap your entire character including gender and voice at a plastic surgery store at any time during the game too. Oddly enough I can't really imagine playing SR4 as anything but my overweight Elvis haired British guy though. Nothing like the characters I played in SR2 or 3.

Grief.exe

The Banner Saga is addicting. Where did the hours go?

Don't make me regret on holding off on this one!

Thanks for Don't Starve, I promise not to backlog it except...

Enjoy! Its so good.

I posted this the other day, but The Darkness II PC retail copy is only 2 bucks at the Microsoft store:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/The-Darkness-II-PC-Game/productID.253726400

Redeems on Steam I'm pretty sure

Edit: Reposting since it the daily on Steam

Edit2: NVM, out of stock on Microsoft store

I might regret this one day, but I really have zero desire to play this one. Would much prefer The Darkness 1 on PC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
people kinda shat on SR4 but I thought it was awesome. Not as good as 3, but that doesnt invalidate that its a great time. Then again I like games like prototype/infamous/crackdown which SR4 very much is

Also it has the best opening level ive ever seen in a game, when the..."moment" happens, I couldnt help but crack a wide grin on my face and think "ok videogame, that was pretty good"

Dr Dogg

Daily The Darkness II 75% off

Weekend
  • Company of Heroes 2 66% off FREE WEEKEND (not active yet)
  • Saints Row IV 50% off FREE WEEKEND (not active yet)

SR IV? Oh for fucks sake just as I'm getting tucked into AC: Liberation (really quite fun, plays like a mainline title without the present day jank and a likeable protagonist). Oh well in for a penny, in for a pound. May as well make it an open world weekend bonanza!

HoosTrax

Yes. The only SR Boss is Laura Bailey Boss.
Also, SR is a very good equal opportunity fanservice game, unlike GTA.

Yes, you can even import your character from SR3.

SR4 lets you play as whatever you want. You swap your entire character including gender and voice at a plastic surgery store at any time during the game too. Oddly enough I can't really imagine playing SR4 as anything but my overweight Elvis haired British guy though. Nothing like the characters I played in SR2 or 3.

Nice. I just might buy it outright. I don't want to feel pressured to play it this weekend since I'm in the middle of a couple of other games, but I'm relatively sure I'll play this sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom