• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

So I'm planning to make a giveaway soon BUT; some of the codes I have I'm not sure if they're still active since I had gotten them over a year ago ^^;

Li Kao

SR IV? Oh for fucks sake just as I'm getting tucked into AC: Liberation (really quite fun, plays like a mainline title without the present day jank and a likeable protagonist). Oh well in for a penny, in for a pound. May as well make it an open world weekend bonanza!

Glory, hallelujah!

kulapik

Man, I loved SR3 but I don't want to complete the game in a weekend (not that I wouldn't have the time to), I want to chew it slowly and love the flavor.

Does that sound weird?

Q: is there a way to charge a DS4 without connecting it to the PS4?

plug it into any via USB...wall or PC (wall is better)

Isn't it slow as hell, in general to charge things via PC USB. Given a choice, I usually use the USB cable --> wall wart adapter when I charge my phone or Nexus.

you're correct. PC has to distribute power for all components whereas wall adapter gets the full brunt of it.

I charge mine via PC only because i play wired.

fry_not_sure_if_want.jpg

yes, he's serious. Don't blame him for having a bad taste in games.

Jawmuncher

Has Konami given any word on the success of MGR on steam?
I'm really holding out for a announcement of them going "MGR sold amazingly well and we now have plans to bring older and future titles to the steam service".....one can dream.

If you're gonna play SR4 during the free weekend, don't just rush through all the major story missions. Definitely do all of the optional "loyalty" missions; they're usually fantastic. The other side missions that are basically "do a bunch of the mini-tasks for Person X" are utterly optional, just do the ones that have the particular rewards you want.

Oh yeah, and don't waste all your power-ups on any sort of vehicle upgrades; once you get your super-jump and glide and sprint to a decent place you'll never use a car again unless you absolutely have to.

Has Konami given any word on the success of MGR on steam?
I'm really holding out for a announcement of them going "MGR sold amazingly well and we now have plans to bring older and future titles to the steam service".....one can dream.

Havn't seen any official numbers
but i'm staying out of the OT because i've stumbled upon discussion about the ending
...if I had to guess, i would say damn good.

Held top 3 on the top sellers on Steam for about 3-4weeks or so...despite being available through multiple channels.

I'm dreaming as well, would love an MGS Anthology on Steam...

Grief.exe

The Darkness 2 is a fantastic shooter. Looks and plays great on the PC.

I just have so many fantastic shooters to play right now. Shadow Warrior, Last Light, CoJ:G.

Yeah, I'm not getting Darkness II unless the original gets put on PC, regardless if it's bad or not. :p

The original is actually a very solid game, Steam thread tip, never listen to Fanto.

yes, he's serious. Don't blame him for having a bad taste in games.

He's probably referring to the Junior statement rather than the Bioshock dig.

Havn't seen any official numbers
but i'm staying out of the OT because i've stumbled upon discussion about the ending
...if I had to guess, i would say damn good.

Held top 3 on the top sellers on Steam for about 3-4weeks or so...despite being available through multiple channels.

I'm dreaming as well, would love an MGS Anthology on Steam...

The story in Rising is complete bullshit, I wouldn't worry about accidentally getting 'spoiled.'

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Feel like giving away games :3
No need to post thanks in here as I don't wanna generate 36 posts of thanks so either PM or simply move along :p

NOTE: APB code is redeemabable in the ingame market.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 36 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Theatre of War -- MB-E2EECC7F56A8145E - Taken by Kiru
Death Track: Resurrection -- MB-3ED33AFC504A39C0 - Taken by Dingotech
King's Bounty: The Legend -- MB-B395E4682A053A0D - Taken by confuziz
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-4344967DB4286D9C - Taken by The Grim Heaper
Gumboy Tournament -- MB-4FF3F46ACA677CA7 - Taken by angular graphics
Insane 2 -- MB-69CDF2561C808D38 - Taken by Aitor
Wasteland Angel -- MB-250E6FD04BBDDF02 - Taken by Melted77
Race Injection -- MB-119561699DBC558F - Taken by OldAsUrSock
Prime World: Defenders -- MB-A2D68D73AFD13003 - Taken by bronson
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-C6562E4A6B6641E8 - Taken by StAidan
Clickr -- MB-18D8A4770BA24816 - Taken by KenOD
APB Reloaded (Stackable Premium Pack) -- MB-0C051A226D9A7646 - Taken by crazyrabbits
The Ship: Complete Pack -- MB-C01B19F137A6FB78 - Taken by Purkake4
Arena Wars 2 -- MB-E177B0BF8ED85D88 - Taken by tylergregg
Section 8 -- MB-3A84DCA7822EC54C - Taken by Dambrosi
Men of War -- MB-579E9DAB47E2EE24 - Taken by EdmondD
Shattered Horizon -- MB-9A4DF0E4F983E635 - Taken by shintoki
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem -- MB-A4DDA2CE18102030 - Taken by Gunstarheroes
UFO Extraterrestrials Gold -- MB-002DF4E0FEE9AFB3 - Taken by nightstorm
Fantasy Wars -- MB-A9A98A9B7D3D25C3 - Taken by EmergentFocus
Governor of Poker 2 Premium Edition -- MB-591BB2B34A6FA209 - Taken by Kifimbo
XIII Century: Gold -- MB-0AED9C72B3DCB518 - Taken by Baha
Razor2: Hidden Skies -- MB-2604116B263B79E2 - Taken by Vandrar
Crash Time 2 -- MB-286629ED3BF8CB10 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito
Dino D-Day -- MB-1F58AAC1D517CCB6 - Taken by jmizzal
Warfare -- MB-C0FF7BA2430A4B51 - Taken by DJ Crimson
Clutch -- MB-89A2C8CAAD650F96 - Taken by PriitV
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition -- MB-D979A3904C2707CD - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk
Earth 2140 -- MB-02E2756D10C54DAC - Taken by nexen
Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades -- MB-DA60B888F850AF9C - Taken by Drakhyrr
Death to Spies: Gold -- MB-F4D9B0EFFEF88A66 - Taken by Dice
Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold -- MB-5F8752CA186933FC - Taken by Shalashaska
Metal Drift -- MB-3591D18258EE09D0 - Taken by Eanan
Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-A7AC30C7839C6A55 - Taken by The Red Wizard
Legendary | Steam Key -- MB-AA813A3219C00C2D - Taken by bobnowhere
Coniclysm - -- MB-897DF7C572C04183 - Taken by wazoo

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
RionaaM, I have to tell you: I've been playing Bit.Trip Runner2 for several days now, and I'M TOTALLY HATING YOU AND THE FACT YOU'RE ALWAYS ON TOP OF EVERY LEVEL LEADERBOARD, COME ON!!!

You and that damn Salsa, but at least the points difference with him is doable, a matter of a couple of dancing here and there, BUT YOU!! you and your always millions above my points!!

:'(
Hahaha don't hate me, I'm just good at the game. It's probably the only game I can admit I'm good at, so please don't take it away from me!

That said, I have a Steam friend who apparently managed to beat me in several early levels. Haven't checked his scores yet, but I doubt I'd ever be able to beat him :/

Tizoc

So I've got some Spare Steam keys I've decided to make a giveaway of.
...thing is I'm not sure if they're still active since some are over a year old ^^; Apologies in advance if the code you'd win is invalid.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts #2 -- MB-C7B06615835D9769
Whispered World #1 -- MB-869894841F5EBE8F
Whispered World #2 -- MB-2E6985094CD38117 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Awesomenauts #1 -- MB-4892CD50F091281F
ulgzbKC.png
Face Noir Desura Key -- MB-14126196EFC393CA
Strongbad's Cool game for Attractive People -- MB-A70C1CC96253B1E0 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Delve Deeper -- MB-BF9A2AAAC17562BC - Taken by Sarcasm
Pid -- MB-1121E1D167785263 - Taken by Servizio
Bioshock -- MB-F3EFC1EC547A66D9 - Taken by Friggz
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed #2 -- MB-19D9BA5DB75497B7 - Taken by Divius
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-2B1023AFA62D352C - Taken by lindarasta
War of the Human Tanks -- MB-41234088C01F44CF
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed #1 -- MB-F3F3C0D3D15DC7D9 - Taken by Shadowlink
Kung Fu strike -- MB-C598D54867D7B342 - Taken by Snakethesniper
Serious Sam 3 -- MB-6523003AAB31680F
Lunnye Devitsy -- MB-82050112F97351F5
Oozi: Earth Adventure -- MB-C5FF7D932A3480F0 - Taken by nexen
Contrast -- MB-BCCBEBB3CE9E1B7A - Taken by Zafir

t1389983262z1.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wow, someone else wanted Insane 2? I'm surprised, lol. Well ya beat me to it. Have fun.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
In today's instalment of Obscure Retail-only Steam Games:

rockindeadbnq90.jpg

Thanks to graywolf for the assist!

Copons

Hahaha don't hate me, I'm just good at the game. It's probably the only game I can admit I'm good at, so please don't take it away from me!

That said, I have a Steam friend who apparently managed to beat me in several early levels. Haven't checked his scores yet, but I doubt I'd ever be able to beat him :/

NO! NOTHING CAN STOP MY HATE NOW!

Also, I just unlocked the cheeseburger gal, and her animation in the bullseye >>>> my hate for RionaaM. :D

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
SRIV lets you play as a female character like the previous game, right? One of things I loved about it, compared to say, the GTA games.

Which is almost weird and contradictory in a way considering the game's ribald humor.
Funnily enough, I created a female character in SR3. Which is weird, because when a game allows me to choose the sex my first playthrough is always done with a male.

Just a random and curious fact about me that probably nobody cares about.

Whats up with the last Boss in Metal Gear Rising, massive difficulty spike making him nearly impossible and I have no health items grr. Is there anyway to get health items without deleting my save and restarting another chapter?

Dr Dogg

In today's instalment of Obscure Retail-only Steam Games:

http://abload.de/img/rockindeadbnq90.jpg[IMG]

Thanks to graywolf for the assist![/QUOTE]

I don't know what I find more perplexing. The fact you still keep on managing to unearth these 'treasures' or that you also have a friend that 'plays' it as well.

[quote="OldAsUrSock, post: 97340891"]How is Assassin's Creed: Liberation performance wise? I assume it still plays like other Assassin's Creed games.[/QUOTE]

More AC IV than III as in it doesn't need a strong CPU but does need a bit of GPU grunt to run it at everything max. Saying that though if you forego the in game AA and drop the texture quality to high it's quite modest on requirements.

JaseC

I don't know what I find more perplexing. The fact you still keep on managing to unearth these 'treasures' or that you also have a friend that 'plays' it as well.

Fortunately for my bank account this one didn't set me back $65. ;)

FloatOn

much like Far Cry 3, Saints Row 4 is best experienced if you don't burn yourself out on the side content.

Many of the activities repeat so if you find yourself getting bored do a story mission, which generally are more or less a variation on one of the repeating activities but with a little bit more humor infused.

I enjoyed my time with SR4 so to anyone that is on the fence, I think that this is a pretty fair price but if you are more skeptical, wait a bit longer for the inevitable GOTY version.

JaseC

much like Far Cry 3, Saints Row 4 is best experienced if you don't burn yourself out on the side content.

Many of the activities repeat so if you find yourself getting bored do a story mission, which generally are more or less a variation on one of the repeating activities but with a little bit more humor infused.

I enjoyed my time with SR4 so to anyone that is on the fence, I think that this is a pretty fair price but if you are more skeptical, wait a bit longer for the inevitable GOTY version.

Far Cry 3's utter dullness burned me out and I've sunk 186 hours into Black Flag. I meant it when I said "never again".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom