• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No real interest in SR4 but if it's free then I'll give it a go!

I found what I played of SR3 to be fairly soulless and repetitive, so maybe the theme change will help with my enjoyment of 4.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just sent another email to Gabe Newell. Now I'm going to be watching my inbox like a hawk for the next few hours as if he's going to actually respond.
yeah, right.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There is something about the Assassin's Creed form of dullness that seems to click with you though.

That is true, though my desire to continue with Black Flag beginning to wane a bit. I think, once I'm finally done with the main campaign, the slight change of scenery in the DLC will revitalise my interest.

Edit: I'm glad I jumped on the Company of Heroes 2 bits and bobs DLC when I did as it's just gone back up to full price. I've missed three packs, though, as my trader wasn't online.

Dr Dogg

oh I know, it's fucked like most MGS games. Just prefer to experience is by playing through then reading about it here.

Pretty sure i'm almost done.

MGR's story in a nutshell = Nanomachines Son!

But at least it's so tongue in cheek, self-parody that it's good to just chuckle at whilst taking a breather from getting spanked by the bosses. Unlike MGS where you're sat on your arse for 30 mins - 1 hour whilst said bosses get on their soap boxes and try to put the world bang to rights.

Quick question...

lSJnz51.jpg

WHY?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Heh, I went back to SR2 after it became free on PS+ - man, those controls haven't aged well.

I agree those controls can be pretty yikes at times, but it doesn't bother me much since I'm still playing a ton of OG XBOX and PS2/PS1 games lately with waaaay worse controls..

Funnily enough, I created a female character in SR3. Which is weird, because when a game allows me to choose the sex my first playthrough is always done with a male.

Just a random and curious fact about me that probably nobody cares about.

I feel like gender choice in games has some weird Freudian implications that I don't really understand in the slightest. I've actually found that if I'm going to play a game like SR4 with lots of random violence or a Renegade playthrough of a game like ME2 I tend to choose a female character. I think that subconsciously I don't like playing games where I act like a jerk or hurt random people, so by picking opposite from my actual gender I created a degree of separation between myself and the actions that I'm taking on screen. Also with so many games being male lead only it seems like a shame to not pick the female options if developers are going to give me an equal choice one way or another. I say this as I just started SR4 recently and went straight to picking a female MC.

much like Far Cry 3, Saints Row 4 is best experienced if you don't burn yourself out on the side content.

Many of the activities repeat so if you find yourself getting bored do a story mission, which generally are more or less a variation on one of the repeating activities but with a little bit more humor infused.

I enjoyed my time with SR4 so to anyone that is on the fence, I think that this is a pretty fair price but if you are more skeptical, wait a bit longer for the inevitable GOTY version.

I'm just starting out and this seems like good advice to follow. The story missions so far are already quite fun and unique for what I've done, and they give you plenty of chances to experience crazy sandbox fun without having to run around a bunch of fetch / kill missions in addition to them. No need to burn out on the game.

I agree those controls can be pretty yikes at times, but it doesn't bother me much since I'm still playing a ton of OG XBOX and PS2/PS1 games lately with waaaay worse controls..

Ah, see I was used to playing loads of recent games so it threw me a bit. I didn't give it a lot of time to be fair.

Also, I hate that GOG copies don't include Steam integration :[ Don't Starve without achievements is a real shame because the genre lends itself to that style of challenge :[

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Let me quote it to the new page. There are still some games up for grabs.
Feel like giving away games :3
No need to post thanks in here as I don't wanna generate 36 posts of thanks so either PM or simply move along :p

NOTE: APB code is redeemabable in the ingame market.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 36 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Theatre of War -- MB-E2EECC7F56A8145E - Taken by Kiru
Death Track: Resurrection -- MB-3ED33AFC504A39C0
King's Bounty: The Legend -- MB-B395E4682A053A0D - Taken by confuziz
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-4344967DB4286D9C - Taken by The Grim Heaper
Gumboy Tournament -- MB-4FF3F46ACA677CA7
Insane 2 -- MB-69CDF2561C808D38 - Taken by Aitor
Wasteland Angel -- MB-250E6FD04BBDDF02 - Taken by Melted77
Race Injection -- MB-119561699DBC558F - Taken by OldAsUrSock
Prime World: Defenders -- MB-A2D68D73AFD13003 - Taken by bronson
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-C6562E4A6B6641E8 - Taken by StAidan
Clickr -- MB-18D8A4770BA24816
APB Reloaded (Stackable Premium Pack) -- MB-0C051A226D9A7646
The Ship: Complete Pack -- MB-C01B19F137A6FB78 - Taken by Purkake4
Arena Wars 2 -- MB-E177B0BF8ED85D88
Section 8 -- MB-3A84DCA7822EC54C - Taken by Dambrosi
Men of War -- MB-579E9DAB47E2EE24
Shattered Horizon -- MB-9A4DF0E4F983E635 - Taken by shintoki
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem -- MB-A4DDA2CE18102030 - Taken by Gunstarheroes
UFO Extraterrestrials Gold -- MB-002DF4E0FEE9AFB3 - Taken by nightstorm
Fantasy Wars -- MB-A9A98A9B7D3D25C3 - Taken by EmergentFocus
Governor of Poker 2 Premium Edition -- MB-591BB2B34A6FA209 - Taken by Kifimbo
XIII Century: Gold -- MB-0AED9C72B3DCB518
Razor2: Hidden Skies -- MB-2604116B263B79E2
Crash Time 2 -- MB-286629ED3BF8CB10
Dino D-Day -- MB-1F58AAC1D517CCB6 - Taken by jmizzal
Warfare -- MB-C0FF7BA2430A4B51
Clutch -- MB-89A2C8CAAD650F96
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition -- MB-D979A3904C2707CD - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk
Earth 2140 -- MB-02E2756D10C54DAC - Taken by nexen
Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades -- MB-DA60B888F850AF9C
Death to Spies: Gold -- MB-F4D9B0EFFEF88A66 - Taken by Dice
Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold -- MB-5F8752CA186933FC
Metal Drift -- MB-3591D18258EE09D0 - Taken by Eanan
Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-A7AC30C7839C6A55 - Taken by The Red Wizard
Legendary | Steam Key -- MB-AA813A3219C00C2D - Taken by bobnowhere
Coniclysm - -- MB-897DF7C572C04183 - Taken by wazoo

JaseC

Green Light Bundle finally sent out keys for Gunman Clive about 10 minutes ago. Check your inbox.

Edit: And on that note:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gunman Clive -- MB-A1CEC79608969B0C - Taken by arts&crafts

Parsnip

Is there a way to map a keyboard key to the playstation button on a dualshock? (or guide button on 360 controller), I want to use it for screenshots.
Yes, with Pinnacle Profiler and guide button at least. Not sure about DualShock.

I have an always active profile set on Pinnacle that when I tap the guide button, screenshot is taken, and if I hold the button down, ShadowPlay will record a clip.

I got you a present!
aWZ4OGA_460sa.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Brothers -- MB-6D172B5165F053A8 - Taken by Fuu. 31 entrants total.

t1389909507z1.png

HoosTrax

I think that subconsciously I don't like playing games where I act like a jerk or hurt random people, so by picking opposite from my actual gender I created a degree of separation between myself and the actions that I'm taking on screen.
I guess I'm different in that the character tends to become my alter-ego (and I always play as a straightshooter good guy) and power fantasy, thus the immersion aspect is hampered if the character is the wrong gender. If that ends up being the case because the game has a set character that you play as, then the fallback option is playing as a male character that has a compatible personality and is nice to look at. If the game seems to have neither option (GTAIV), then it doesn't feel like a game I'd be particularly keen on playing and enjoying.

Anteater

Yes, with Pinnacle Profiler and guide button at least. Not sure about DualShock.

I have an always active profile set on Pinnacle that when I tap the guide button, screenshot is taken, and if I hold the button down, ShadowPlay will record a clip.

thanks I'll look into it!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
NO! NOTHING CAN STOP MY HATE NOW!

Also, I just unlocked the cheeseburger gal, and her animation in the bullseye >>>> my hate for RionaaM. :D
I hate cheese with all my might, so I only used her for a single level, since I felt obliged to try each and every character and costume at least once. I had completely erased that fact from my mind, thanks for bringing it back :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Green Light Bundle finally sent out keys for Gunman Clive about 10 minutes ago. Check your inbox.

Just got mine
thought it might be Gaben

In today's instalment of Obscure Retail-only Steam Games:

rockindeadbnq90.jpg

Thanks to graywolf for the assist!

Wow.

WTF?
And my copy of Prey is still MIA. Screw you, amazon.co.uk. >_<

Whats up with the last Boss in Metal Gear Rising, massive difficulty spike making him nearly impossible and I have no health items grr. Is there anyway to get health items without deleting my save and restarting another chapter?

Answered you in MGR:R PC thread.

Thanks for Blades of Time, Gravelord_Nito.

Guilty Gear Isuka was added? That's... a little weird.

That's... a little FUCKIN' AWESOME.

JaseC

Turfster

Isn't the DayZ mod free? how nice of them

Will probably still pick this up...Gaea Mission is $33 by itself

Well, they say it's free elsewhere and they're just including it for ease of access.
I assume it needs Arrowhead, and they know a lot of people will buy the bundle to try out the DayZ mod anyway, so...

fantomena

What if PopCap waited to release their Humble Bundle till Garden Warfare is out to release the Popcap Humble Bundle including Garden Warfare as a tier?

Grief.exe

is the dayz mod pretty much dead? havent been on in a few months

Its still thriving due to the massive amount of content produced through mods.

Many have moved over to the Standalone and Arma 3 DayZ is thriving as well. I would say these two are the better options moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom