• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ARMA II- -- MB-F13CC9650D438ABD - Taken by Eanan
enjoy

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If anyone doesn't want Take On Helicopters, that is the only thing I'm interested in. Maybe I'll actually use my joystick for once.

bloke

Took Arma II for myself, here's the rest...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ARMA Tactics -- MB-7FA7FBF47F0CB62E - Taken by Kirosia
Alpha Prime -- MB-B10B97157DD26424 - Taken by didamangi
ARMA: Gold Edition -- MB-5FC60CD8D90D46CA - Taken by Shalashaska
Take On Helicopters -- MB-6C6302A04B1754C4 - Taken by Dice
UFO: Afterlight -- MB-F405A1777D314755 - Taken by Myshkin

You don't need to play the first Darkness or have read the comic it's based on to play and enjoy The Darkness II. And you're doing yourself a disservice by passing on a really fun game for a great price. I bought it at launch, full price and really enjoyed my time with the game. I think the single player campaign lasted 6-7 hours and, sadly, I never got into the 4 player co-op. The Darkness makes the game more than just a run of the mill fps, you can basically quad wield. Dual wield standard weapons with your human arms and use the demon arms for all manner of things, like ripping off car doors to use as impromptu shields, grabbing objects within the environment to use as projectiles or more direct attacks. Combat in that game was really fun.

M09482

Neo Member
If anyone doesn't want Take On Helicopters, that is the only thing I'm interested in. Maybe I'll actually use my joystick for once.

You can have mine. Question is, how do you gift just 1 key from the bundle? Do I need to buy the whole bundle as a gift?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
The first game i have two copies of in my library

QmZ0Lhk.png

I hope JaseC is proud of me!

:p

edit: the ufo in the bundle is the new re-released one

Dice

You can have mine. Question is, how do you gift just 1 key from the bundle? Do I need to buy the whole bundle as a gift?
I just swiped it from bloke's giveaway. Gotta go fast/This is Steam thread.

Baha

First come, first served

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Alpha Prime -- MB-22D4375CAE7C5CEE - Taken by Tellaerin

Well, they say it's free elsewhere and they're just including it for ease of access.
I assume it needs Arrowhead, and they know a lot of people will buy the bundle to try out the DayZ mod anyway, so...

*Note: This mod is available for free elsewhere, but has been included in this bundle collection too.

ah fair enough. Missed that

I thought the Day Z mod was free. Does it cost money now?

^

i think the inclusion of the dayz mod is just a way of saying "heres something cool you can do with arma"
or just riding that #1 seller wave

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Surprisingly, this was the only one I already had. Enjoy!

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Alpha Prime -- MB-31B68156DBA7315B - Taken by corrosivefrost

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You don't need to play the first Darkness or have read the comic it's based on to play and enjoy The Darkness II. And you're doing yourself a disservice by passing on a really fun game for a great price. I bought it at launch, full price and really enjoyed my time with the game. I think the single player campaign lasted 6-7 hours and, sadly, I never got into the 4 player co-op. The Darkness makes the game more than just a run of the mill fps, you can basically quad wield. Dual wield standard weapons with your human arms and use the demon arms for all manner of things, like ripping off car doors to use as impromptu shields, grabbing objects within the environment to use as projectiles or more direct attacks. Combat in that game was really fun.
The coop is a ton of fun. I think I did every single mission available with one of my friends.

M09482

Neo Member
Na, you can just buy it normally and on the steam keys page for the bundle, click on the gift icon next to the game.

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Since Dice already got the game from the giveaway I'll probably just do a giveaway myself with a few other game keys I have lying around.

I think ModBot is sucking wind.

Thanks, jshackles -- I actually tried for Baha's and modbot wasn't updating anything and I thought I'd miss out on yours because of holding off to see what modbot was doing with the first key. Worked out well though!

Grief.exe

i think the inclusion of the dayz mod is just a way of saying "heres something cool you can do with arma"
or just riding that #1 seller wave

Probably to clear up confusion people might have.

Here is a mod for the games you just bought
It is free and separate from the DayZ standalone product

Dice

You know how you can link Steam account with a HB account? It would be cool if it could use your Steam wallet.

Cth

same, although it has only one game that I will ever likely to play, we can't have both ways, can we? ;)

Same here, although that Helicopter sim looks nice.. I'd mainly be getting it to try DayZ.. UFO Afterlight.. that was an X-Com clone right?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I'm installing SR4 for the free weekend and suddenly horrible idea struck me, it's not for multiplay only, is it?

No it's the full game and the only multiplay it has is Coop basically so they wouldn't do that. SR2 ain't had competitive multiplay since 2

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I already have all of the ArmA 2 content on that bundle.

I wonder if I should buy the BTA anyway. I don't have Carrier Command

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
In today's instalment of Obscure Retail-only Steam Games:

rockindeadbnq90.jpg

Thanks to graywolf for the assist!

I had no idea that The Rockin' Dead was even on Steam. Retail copy ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom