• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My Port Royale 3 gamble did not pay out, no leafy green vegetable emoticon for me.

Speaking of failed gambles, I bought three spares of SR4's Child's Play Pack, hoping to make a small profit (does profiting from something intended to raise money for charity make me a bad person? :p), but it seems Volition lied about it being available for a limited time as it was supposed to be pulled on the 13th. Maybe it'll disappear come the end of the Free Weekend.

I had no idea that The Rockin' Dead was even on Steam. Retail copy ordered.

Make sure you bought the correct one:

Oh, I should note that if anyone else is interested in picking it up you need to buy the Viva Media-published "3D" re-release as the original, BitComposer-published release is not Steam-friendly.

Enjoy :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Arma II -- MB-1D3937F6FE5E743E - Taken by OldAsUrSock. 14 entrants total.

t1389901631z1.png

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Does Arrowhead add much to the game? Not really interested in DayZ, not the mod version anyway, but I'm curious about Arma.

Guys, I can't really find a thread, so could anyone tell me how is the DayZ Mod nowadays?

I've read that people can't really play the 'vanilla' mod and play something else (some issues with PvP and stuff)

VoidZero

Banned
Isn't that game basically a worse Jagged Alliance remake then even Jagged Alliance 2?

Is it? The reviews I read were ok, not great but good enough. Also I mainly want to play it on my tablet.

When I click to "install" the DAYz mod in the link, it just brings me back to the store homepage. Any ideas?
No idea, haven't installed it yet. Did you install Arma 2 and Operation arrow head already?

jmizzal

I messed up I paid under the amount for the full Bohemia Interactive bundle :/, do I have to pay the full price if I try again or can I add on to what I paid before?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Make sure you bought the correct one:

Oh good, I unintentionally ordered the correct one without knowing. :) Thanks for the heads up!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just got a RPG Maker foil, only 3 in the market, cheapest being 6.70 euros lol, good lord

I messed up I paid under the amount for the full Bohemia Interactive bundle :/, do I have to pay the full price if I try again or can I add on to what I paid before?

You can add on.

And I think I'm gonna pass on the deal and wait on DayZ standalone. Though I do want that Alpha Prime...

Freezard

Are the Tier 2 games worth it? I mean the DayZ mod is free anyway right?

EDIT: Yeah nevermind... it's free. Carrier Command looks awesome though, gotta look it up.

Yeah, but they were smart enough to include Operation Arrowhead in Tier 2, which you need for DayZ.

I'm entirely tempted to pick up the bundle... just don't know what I want to do with it, since it would put me over 1000 games. And that seems... wrong. :lol
I guess if I do, I'll be giving away a key for Alpha Prime.

--

Order up!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an Origin key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Saboteur -- MB-160C494DA16F3F04

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The tablet version is supposed to be "ok". The PC version (which is what you get here, along with the Mac and Linux versions) is apparently shiet.

The Android version of ARMA Tactics is also included in the Humble Bundle.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Operation Arrowhead only offers graphical changes to the base mod, not sure if it is required for the mods of the mod.

But they're massive graphical changes. I'd say it's worth it.

Don't you actually need Operation Arrowhead, but you can get by with the Demo version of it?

The Cowboy

Ohh that's a nice bundle, why is it all the good bundles come along when my money goes into my account in a week?.

I'll be buying It on Wednesday I guess :(.

jmizzal

Operation Arrowhead only offers graphical changes to the base mod, not sure if it is required for the mods of the mod.

Oh really Steam says

"The Day Z Mod requires both Arma II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead. For the best experience (including high detail textures for all models used in the DayZ Mod) purchase Arma II: Complete Collection."

I'll try it once I get my email

ok it works now

jshackles

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like gender choice in games has some weird Freudian implications that I don't really understand in the slightest. I've actually found that if I'm going to play a game like SR4 with lots of random violence or a Renegade playthrough of a game like ME2 I tend to choose a female character. I think that subconsciously I don't like playing games where I act like a jerk or hurt random people, so by picking opposite from my actual gender I created a degree of separation between myself and the actions that I'm taking on screen. Also with so many games being male lead only it seems like a shame to not pick the female options if developers are going to give me an equal choice one way or another. I say this as I just started SR4 recently and went straight to picking a female MC.
I also made a FemShep for my Renegade playthrough of ME (which was my second overall), so I can totally relate. I never thought of Freudian stuff while doing it, but you may be right, at least on a subconscious level (which is basically what you said, lol).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There seems to be an increasing amount of Saorise avatars coming up. Everyone on SteamGAF should get one so that all over GAF we will be known.

All those with a Saoirse avatar should be required to install this Dark Souls mod. ;) (The screenshot is a bit dark; the replacement texture is this.)

Was reading the Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition forums on Steam and noticed a large amount of the threads are in Russian. Doesn't mean anything, but I found it interesting and it made me wonder what the demographics are for other games.

nexen

I also made a FemShep for my Renegade playthrough of ME (which was my second overall), so I can totally relate. I never thought of Freudian stuff while doing it, but you may be right, at least on a subconscious level (which is basically what you said, lol).

Weird. I never noticed I did this. But I totally do.
My male character are always a boring hero.
My female characters are always a complete sociopath asshole.

Well, except when I'm forced to play a female (ala Tomb Raider).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom