• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I also made a FemShep for my Renegade playthrough of ME (which was my second overall), so I can totally relate. I never thought of Freudian stuff while doing it, but you may be right, at least on a subconscious level (which is basically what you said, lol).

What are you guys even talking about, Fem Shep is only way to play ME at all!
pfft Freudian stuff

Corrected your typo.
I mean, I'm not sure why people keep calling Commander Shepard FemShep all the time... It's not like there was another choice, was it?

exactly! *highfives*

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How does the free Saints Row IV weekend work? When I click the link it takes me to the store page, where all I can do is buy it.

Restart Steam.

You scare me sometimes.

Haha, I should note that I didn't make it: toddhunter did, as thanks for me gifting him The Walking Dead S02. I've yet to use it, though, but I'll get around to that once I'm done with Black Flag and Liberation HD.

Whats the best dlc for Darksiders 2? I was thinking about running through the game again and I wouldn't mind some new content.

Personally I preferred Argul's Tomb due to the general aesthetic, but the general consensus is Abyssal Forge. They're all fairly bland and I would advise you skip the Demon Lord Bellai all together; it's set in the 'human' world, essentially making it an expanded version of Darksider's 2 worst level.

Knurek

I also made a Shepard for my Renegade playthrough of ME (which was my second overall), so I can totally relate.

Corrected your typo.
I mean, I'm not sure why people keep calling Commander Shepard FemShep all the time... It's not like there was another choice, was it?

The_Monk

Playing a bit of Skyrim, just found out a Mod on the Steam Workshop that's just my thing, rain! You got to love rain in games. Description:

"Rain Impacts include the sounds of rain hitting tents, wood and water dripping near cave entrances on a rainy day."

RionaaM if you are reading this, this one's for you too! ;)

Let's go:

ModBot said:
Instructions for crazyrabbits:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ARMA II -- MB-E8D16CED0B645AD6 - Taken by Benedict. 19 entrants total.
ARMA Tactics -- MB-E853A7ECCCFE9FA6 - Taken by 28 Posts Later. 5 entrants total.
Alpha Prime -- MB-E0DEA31F4EB203F4 - Taken by Blue Ninja. 3 entrants total.
Carrier Command: Gaea Mission -- MB-A71BE0DE7CA0BCF3 - Taken by Soule. 24 entrants total.
Alpha Prime (Copy #2) -- MB-FF55799FDFF548D3 - Taken by C4rter. 3 entrants total.
ARMA Tactics (Copy #2) -- MB-6E118F7B49AFAA57 - Taken by TheSeks. 5 entrants total.
ARMA: Gold Edition -- MB-EE84F90C922C64B8 - Taken by Kirosia. 5 entrants total.

t1389912837z1.png

nexen

Weird. I redeemed Arma 2 even though I already own it. Expected an error message but now I have two entries for it in my library.

edit: shit, I owned UFO Afterlight too, but forgot. I have two of those in my library now as well. This is going to bug me.

Thanks!

Playing a bit of Skyrim, just found out a Mod on the Steam Workshop that's just my thing, rain! You got to love rain in games. Description:

"Rain Impacts include the sounds of rain hitting tents, wood and water dripping near cave entrances on a rainy day."

Sounds nice. I think I have something that does something similar, but I have over 180 .esp's activated right now anyway. :lol

I try to limit my downloads from the workshop, however, even though the Nexus is probably worse.

What mod it this? I want to sub to it if its good.

Anteater

All those with a Saoirse avatar should be required to install this Dark Souls mod. ;) (The screenshot is a bit dark; the replacement texture is this.)

There needs to be a mod where Gwynevere's face is replaced with Saoirse's. Maybe Gravelord_Nito should work on it, he has experience with making that gif.

Which mod is that? I used to use Real Clouds but my laptop couldn't handle it a lot of the time.

Good to see new faces in the SteamGAF group chat channel! Be even greater to see even MORE faces in there!

We talk about plenty of stuff

*Games
*Music
*Cabbages
*Priit's attempts at getting a job
*How best to cook eggs
*Vovlo pls

Basically it's an extension of this Steam Community but in REAL TIME. There's even genuine Germans in there!

ModBot said:
Instructions for OldAsUrSock:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R -- MB-844B86AEE377BDDD - Taken by Robert J. Sullivan

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Weird. I redeemed Arma 2 even though I already own it. Expected an error message but now I have two entries for it in my library.

edit: shit, I owned UFO Afterlight too, but forgot. I have two of those in my library now as well. This is going to bug me.

Oh no, JaseC is going to go crazy over this turn of events.

The_Monk

I try to limit my downloads from the workshop, however, even though the Nexus is probably worse.

I don't have much, just some things to make the game look a bit better and some sounds too. ;)

What mod it this? I want to sub to it if its good.

Which mod is that? I used to use Real Clouds but my laptop couldn't handle it a lot of the time.

I got these two fellow GAFfers:

Sounds of Skyrim - The wilds
Sounds of Skyrim - The Dungeons

The rain is in "The Wilds" Mod I believe and there's a third Sounds of Skyrim for the cities but I didn't want that one.

Zeknurn

Good to see new faces in the SteamGAF group chat channel! Be even greater to see even MORE faces in there!

*Games
*Music
*Cabbages
*How best to cook eggs
*Vovlo pls

Basically it's an extension of this Steam Community but in REAL TIME. There's even genuine Germans in there!

Steam chat is poor man's IRC.

*Games
*Music
*Cabbages
*How best to cook eggs
*Vovlo pls

I should probably stop by sometime.
Be warned: I may post charts.

Locust

Oh, I should note that if anyone else is interested in picking it up you need to buy the Viva Media-published "3D" re-release as the original, BitComposer-published release is not Steam-friendly
This is the correct one, right? Looks like it but I'd rather be sure than order a bad $7.50 paperweight.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

*Games
*Music
*Cabbages
*How best to cook eggs
*Vovlo pls

Oh yeah I forgot to ask this a long long time ago but can someone add me to the group
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bringmvc3topc/ Appreciate it

Edit: Damn JaseC that was quick lol. Thanks man.

Tizoc

Whats the best dlc for Darksiders 2? I was thinking about running through the game again and I wouldn't mind some new content.

IIRC...Argul's Tomb and Death Rides.

Reposting my giveaway before I head of to bed:
So I've got some Spare Steam keys I've decided to make a giveaway of.
...thing is I'm not sure if they're still active since some are over a year old ^^; Apologies in advance if the code you'd win is invalid.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Awesomenauts #2 -- MB-C7B06615835D9769
Whispered World #1 -- MB-869894841F5EBE8F
Whispered World #2 -- MB-2E6985094CD38117 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Awesomenauts #1 -- MB-4892CD50F091281F
ulgzbKC.png
Face Noir Desura Key -- MB-14126196EFC393CA
Strongbad's Cool game for Attractive People -- MB-A70C1CC96253B1E0 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Delve Deeper -- MB-BF9A2AAAC17562BC - Taken by Sarcasm
Pid -- MB-1121E1D167785263 - Taken by Servizio
Bioshock -- MB-F3EFC1EC547A66D9 - Taken by Friggz
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed #2 -- MB-19D9BA5DB75497B7 - Taken by Divius
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-2B1023AFA62D352C - Taken by lindarasta
War of the Human Tanks -- MB-41234088C01F44CF
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed #1 -- MB-F3F3C0D3D15DC7D9 - Taken by Shadowlink
Kung Fu strike -- MB-C598D54867D7B342 - Taken by Snakethesniper
Serious Sam 3 -- MB-6523003AAB31680F
Lunnye Devitsy -- MB-82050112F97351F5
Oozi: Earth Adventure -- MB-C5FF7D932A3480F0 - Taken by nexen
Contrast -- MB-BCCBEBB3CE9E1B7A - Taken by Zafir

t1389983262z1.png

G'nite gaf~

ModBot said:
Instructions for Grampa Simpson:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

UFO: Afterlight -- MB-0D8E2C1C18515D4B - Taken by Curious_George. 8 entrants total.

t1389913603z1.png
Some humble leftovers

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I also made a FemShep for my Renegade playthrough of ME (which was my second overall), so I can totally relate. I never thought of Freudian stuff while doing it, but you may be right, at least on a subconscious level (which is basically what you said, lol).
I usually pick females but in Mass Effect it was male Shep all the way, and you can damn well bet I was renegade as fuck.

Reposting my giveaway before I head of to bed:
I'm gonna win that Oozi. 11 entrants.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Fair warning to those trying out Saints Row IV, seems it doesn't play too friendly with a number of sound drivers that come with their own audio programs such as Sound Blaster X-Fi or UNi Xonar C-Media.

Usually this just means the game will freeze or crash right at the start as it gets into the main menu if you have it in Full Screen mode. The game will work in Windowed Mode if this is a problem for you, though hopefully someone out there has a better solution than that.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Beautiful! Can I download (and play) the mod despite not owning the game? :p

Seriously, just imagining the stuff you wrote puts a smile on my face. Thank you Monk!

Turfster

This doesn't make any sense.

How is this any different from selling a movie at your garage sale?

Someone else got the bundle money back then, so if the new guys give Steam keys away now, they're bleeding possible earnings.
Your analogy makes no sense ;)

Tenrius

Was reading the Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition forums on Steam and noticed a large amount of the threads are in Russian. Doesn't mean anything, but I found it interesting and it made me wonder what the demographics are for other games.

Mortal Kombat is the most popular fighting game around here, and probably the only one with universal mainstream recognition, as in most people who don't even play video games probably know what Mortal Kombat is. The other one that is somewhat popular is Tekken, all of the other ones are largely unknown (even Street Fighter, peculiarly enough).

RS4-

Fair warning to those trying out Saints Row IV, seems it doesn't play too friendly with a number of sound drivers that come with their own audio programs such as Sound Blaster X-Fi or UNi Xonar C-Media.

Usually this just means the game will freeze or crash right at the start as it gets into the main menu if you have it in Full Screen mode. The game will work in Windowed Mode if this is a problem for you, though hopefully someone out there has a better solution than that.

Trying to remember the other recent game that gave me problems like that. But I solved the xonar thing by installing custom drivers for it. I'll have to look it up

Mortal Kombat is the most popular fighting game around here, and probably the only one with universal mainstream recognition, as in most people who don't even play video games probably know what Mortal Kombat is. The other one that is somewhat popular is Tekken, all of the other ones are largely unknown (even Street Fighter, peculiarly enough).

Wow, that's really interesting that Street Fighter is relatively unknown there. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom