• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Is Saint's row IV an improvement over the third one? Humor and story were ok in the third one, but gameplay was sub par.

Do you like games like Prototype/Infamous? Well just imagine that mixed with SR.

2>4>3>1 coming someone that played every game in the series on release.

Only of the pizza kind.

Mostly line graphs. I like those:
http://m.washingtonpost.com/externalimage/image_600w/www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2013/08/labor_share_of_income.png[img]

This is cool too
[img]http://m.washingtonpost.com/externalimage/image_600w/www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2014/01/foods.jpg[img]

I don't have much gaming related ones due to me not caring about games as much.[/QUOTE]

The first graph doesn't go well with GAF Dark theme.

On topic: I defeated my first boss on Terraria yesterday!

jmizzal

Here is what I didnt want have away at it

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ARMA Tactics -- MB-E5D921F43FD6B888 - Taken by 28 Posts Later. 1 entrants total.
UFO -- MB-FE5AD9EF6C50F146 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 2 entrants total.
Alpha Prime -- MB-7AEBEAD54D43084D - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Carrier Command: Gaea Mission -- MB-F4B2E51D17E99A50 - Taken by inm8num2. 9 entrants total.
ARMA: Gold Edition -- MB-0C689E3D1C1543D3 - Taken by intheinbetween. 2 entrants total.
Take On Helicopters -- MB-01CEE3A2A8F3ACCE - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.

t1389905682z1.png

Gvaz

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Desura key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Millennium -- MB-4A2D81905E3EA599 - Taken by Firehead. 2 entrants total.

t1389905907z1.png

Might have "a new hope" in the key, ignore it.

Backlogger

Good to see new faces in the SteamGAF group chat channel! Be even greater to see even MORE faces in there!

We talk about plenty of stuff

*Games
*Music
*Cabbages
*Priit's attempts at getting a job
*How best to cook eggs
*Vovlo pls

Basically it's an extension of this Steam Community but in REAL TIME. There's even genuine Germans in there!

Haha, I have actually joined a couple times and nobody was talking.

"Shh, guys Backlogger just logged in, stop talking"
Backlogger has joined the channel
<crickets>
Backlogger has left the channel
"Phew, that was a close one. Everyone can start talking again!"

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Is Saint's row IV an improvement over the third one? Humor and story were ok in the third one, but gameplay was sub par.

I thought the third one was terrible every time it got to the part where you were playing the game. The fourth is somewhat better, but mostly because I have a weakness for any open world super hero game. Mission structure is still mostly terrible and side missions still get boring long before you get finished with them. They don't even wait five minutes into the game before giving you a turret sequence followed by a QTE.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I need to eventually grab Prototype 2, the first game was one of my favorite bad games on the 360 at the time. They really nailed movement in that one, great to run and jump around wrecking things with a custom soundtrack.

Nabs

I need to eventually grab Prototype 2, the first game was one of my favorite bad games on the 360 at the time. They really nailed movement in that one, great to run and jump around wrecking things with a custom soundtrack.

The 2nd one is actually good this time.

yoshizzle

A physical copy of Prototype 2 is currently on sale for $5 at the Microsoft Store. Pretty good deal. I believe the serial code activates on Steam.

HoosTrax

SR4, #5 on the chart. Well phew, at least I'm not the only weirdo who's considering buying something "free".

Arkham City: Origins is on there for $15 as well. I think that may be the cheapest I've seen.
Always check for-sale forums when it comes to games that are part of video card bundles. Specifically forums that specialize in computer components (Overclock.net, [H]ard|Forum, etc). I regularly see Batman: AO for sale for ~$10.

Knurek

Holy shitsnacks, Saint's Row IV is amazing.

Had you had sex with Kinzie yet?

Better game

Sleeping Dogs
Saints Row IV

Discuss.

Better game: Sleeping Dogs
Better story: Saints Row IV
Best Crackdown game that isn't Crackdown: Saints Row IV
Best moment in the game: Saints Row IV
Special award for Keith Davids: Saints Row IV
Special secondary award for meat bun: Sleeping Dogs

4:2 to Saints Row, meaning it's 2 times better than (already great) Sleeping Dogs. I rest my case.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Selling DayZ mod as a Beat the Average/above $6 option. WTF, Humble Bundle/Bohemia? It's a mod!?

Way to show your true price-gouging colors, Bohemia?

But sure, I'll pay $1 for Steam keys for Arma Tactics and Take on Helicopters while giving Arma away since I bought the Arma X collection on Steam already. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom