• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shitsnacks, Saint's Row IV is amazing.

I was starting to play it some before the free weekend. It's really not my favorite genre, but you can tell that it's made by folks who really love video game so much. It's just packed to the gills with all sorts of amusing stuff and random dumb fun that I find it totally impossible to dislike.

Haha, I have actually joined a couple times and nobody was talking.

"Shh, guys Backlogger just logged in, stop talking"
Backlogger has joined the channel
<crickets>
Backlogger has left the channel
"Phew, that was a close one. Everyone can start talking again!"

You wouldn't believe the sound the alarm makes when you're detected as incoming.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'll be the minority and say I found Sleeping Dogs to be pretty boring. This doesn't mean it's a bad game, per say. But I found it to be very overrated by the internet. Probably because the side-missions are very sparse.

Saints Row isn't very different, either. I'm starting to wonder if the Sandbox genre is for me anymore, probably have outgrown it since GTA4 kinda soured me on the genre. :/

(I still need to beat the DLC expansions, Stallion needs to pester me to do that, but having to boot through Social Club and explorer instead of Steam kinda makes me not want to do that at times)

Better game

Sleeping Dogs
Saints Row IV

Discuss.

Sleeping Dogs is a much more consistent game. However at its best, Saints Row 4 is a more fun game and it takes longer to get boring.

Given the choice of going back to one of them, I'd rather go back to SR4 (but it would need to be at gunpoint for either).

I though Sleeping Dogs was an ok game, I really liked the whole combat system. But to be honest open-world games that are in the same vein that GTA aren't really my thing.

Backlogger

You wouldn't believe the sound the alarm makes when you're detected as incoming.

tumblr_m2oto7SGwf1qzv4vio1_400.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Notsureifserious.gif

Totallysupercereal.gif

But seriously: WTF. OA being beat the average while the rest of the series is on sale? Charging $6 for the mod instead of letting people pay $1-5 for the series and mod over the $30 they're charging Standalone (and going to jack that up after it leaves "Alpha?")

Ugh.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I won Brothers, yeeeeeeeeeesssssss! Thanks a lot, VikasNarula!

A physical copy of Prototype 2 is currently on sale for $5 at the Microsoft Store. Pretty good deal. I believe the serial code activates on Steam.
Aw man $5, I'd totally take the plunge but they only ship to the US. :( Even if they shipped here the cost would probably be too much. Wish Activision would have it a that price on Steam (lol).

TGMIII

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Medal of Honor Steam Key -- MB-529DE9F365FEE7E0 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Red Alert 3 Uprising Steam Key -- MB-AD0CB8610DF040F3
Mirror's Edge Steam Key -- MB-54177DB15F675F59 - Taken by Dolken
Dead Space Steam Key -- MB-95AED885EB73EB6B - Taken by Shalashaska

Old keys from HB. Should all be active
hopefully

Tenrius

Better game

Sleeping Dogs
Saints Row IV

Discuss.

Certainly Sleeping Dogs. I didn't even like Saints Row IV all that much, mostly because it reused so much from the previous game and the core gameplay is no more than serviceable. Sleeping Dogs, on the other hand, has an amazing city, a great story campaign and just works much better overall.

JakeD

Huh...I had no idea there was a marketplace limit. Maybe I'll stop wasting my quota on 5c cards then.

its not a limit, its just after 200 sales you have to send your IRS info to valve or something. i never felt like dealing with it so i stopped at like 190 sales. only in USA by the way

Cth

I bought Nidhogg today and I got a job today

Congrats! Still hoping this is the year I get a full time job :D

Post some thoughts about Nidhogg when you get a chance, looks like fun!

Thanks jmizzal for Helicopters! Can't wait to play it! Now all I need is Arma II and I'll have everyone I was looking for!

robotrock

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Saboteur -- MB-BF45C94EF76756A7 - Taken by Cth. 7 entrants total.

t1389913332z1.png

I don't know how to use Modbot. It's an Origin key. If it doesn't work let me know
rip pandemic

I'll be the minority and say I found Sleeping Dogs to be pretty boring. This doesn't mean it's a bad game, per say. But I found it to be very overrated by the internet. Probably because the side-missions are very sparse.

Saints Row isn't very different, either. I'm starting to wonder if the Sandbox genre is for me anymore, probably have outgrown it since GTA4 kinda soured me on the genre. :/

(I still need to beat the DLC expansions, Stallion needs to pester me to do that, but having to boot through Social Club and explorer instead of Steam kinda makes me not want to do that at times)

Sorry...if you found Sleeping Dogs bring, I think you were playing wrong.

I don't think a game in which you can a) beat someone to death with a frozen fish and b) shove someone through a table saw can be considered 'boring'

Momentary

Banned
OKay.... Now that the excitement of a Guilty Gear title being on Steam has died down a little, why the hell did they choose to put the WORST Guilty Gear game made on there first?!? That's like asking for failure.

Grief.exe

OKay.... Now that the excitement of a Guilty Gear title being on Steam has died down a little, why the hell did they choose to put the WORST Guilty Gear game made on there first?!? That's like asking for failure.

Its like that time they decided to port Blazblue, but couple it with the worst DRM in history, and make it only available on a super obscure storefront.

Dear Arcsys, give us Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R, Guilty Gear Xrd and BlazBlue: Chronophantasma please.

50edyXW.gif

and Persona 4 Arena if you have time

Cth

I don't know how to use Modbot. It's an Origin key. If it doesn't work let me know
rip pandemic

It worked, and apparently I won. Thanks!

Of course, I didn't see it was Origin until I hit send (there were 2 minutes left when I PM'd)

So, I've nuked the key.

What that means is it's available again if you want to set up another giveaway.

Sorry robotrock and the other 6 people..

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Dear Arcsys, we want Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R, Guilty Gear Xrd and BlazBlue: Chronophantasma please.

50edyXW.gif

and Persona 4 Arena if you have time

Considering that the new BB ain't even getting a 360 release, we definitely not seeing that on pc unless it's an illegal arcade rip like the last BBCS release

AHA-Lambda

Don't know if it's been mentioned but GMG seems to be giving away 30% off vouchers for Thief by email, just got it for a little over £18 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom