• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
It worked, and apparently I won. Thanks!

Of course, I didn't see it was Origin until I hit send (there were 2 minutes left when I PM'd)

So, I've nuked the key.

What that means is it's available again if you want to set up another giveaway.

Sorry robotrock and the other 6 people..

No worries man, it happens. I'll go set another up

robotrock

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Saboteur -- MB-BF45C94EF76756A7 - Taken by AbundantChoice. 10 entrants total.

t1389914998z1.png

Origin key!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't think a game in which you can a) beat someone to death with a frozen fish and b) shove someone through a table saw can be considered 'boring'

That's the only claim to fame it has. And that got boring after about 30 mins of doing the combat in the story. That leaves... shopping and karoke for side-missions if you don't count the Yakuza missions as part of the side-quest/missions.

Which leads to: Sparse/boring.

crazyrabbits: Thanks for Arma Tactics.

Caerith

What I mean is that the situation occurred because DF didn't make a separate sub (it's clear that the intention was to give $30+ backers the OST on Steam as the backer sub initially included it, and I was originally told that I would receive it upon redeeming the key), not that it needs to now, and the soundtrack is DLC. I had the same thought and in my e-mail to DF as well as the PM to Chris I mentioned distributing keys pertaining only to the soundtrack to $30+ backers as a possible rectification, but as DF Support's follow-up reply amounted to "stiff biscuits" I don't foresee any changes.

It feels a bit dirty to me, to be honest. "We didn't plan ahead" isn't really an excuse.
Bad faith. I started a likely-to-be-ignored thread on the Steam forums about this, but I guess I should head over to the DF boards to ask there as well.

What are you guys even talking about, Fem Shep is only way to play ME at all!
pfft Freudian stuff
I didn't play Mass Effect until the third game was announced and I saw some idiot blogger (is that redundant?) bitch about a promo image of a blonde female Shepard. Something about how all blondes are bubble-headed bimbos and too distracted by shoe-shopping and an aversion to math to save the universe. Blonde female Shepard is the only way to go.

What have you done.

Team Sleepy Dawgs 4 Lyfe

if9VAGXL1Yotv.gif
Is Sleeping Dogs set after some apocalyptic event where 95% of Hong Kong was evacuated?

Just won Alpha Prime, thanks crazyrabbits! My mail with the download link isn't showing up, but maybe it just takes a while.

I was starting to play it some before the free weekend. It's really not my favorite genre, but you can tell that it's made by folks who really love video game so much. It's just packed to the gills with all sorts of amusing stuff and random dumb fun that I find it totally impossible to dislike.

I nearly lost it when you jump on that bomb and get to disarm it while Aerosmith is blaring in the background. And then lost it again when, during the character customization, the options 'Male 1, Male 2, Male 3' and 'Female 1, Female 2 and Female 3' were supplemented with 'Nolan North'. And then lost it again when motherfucking Keith David showed up. And then again when I realized my character keeps referring to himself as 'Nolan'. And then again when I found a fucking broomstick to zip around the skyline with.

I've rarely had this much fun with a videogame I just started. I'm gonna try and finish it during the weekend, and then pick it up again somewhere down the line.

Faabulous

It pains me to see Company of Heroes 2 in the top sellers. That game has no reason to exist. Its just the original game with a bunch of gimmicks and a terrible, TERRIBLE, progression system made to sell DLC.

Everyone just buy the originals, please!

Hey Stump or other Modbot handler:

I'm trying to nuke the alpha prime key I won from jshackles -- (I caved and bought the humble weekly bundle even though I wasn't planning on it).

I sent the pm to modbot with subject nuke and the url for the game since it came from a humble bundle -- I saw no response, so I tried to register it.

Registration lists it as not being nuked...

How do I fix this? o_O

AHA-Lambda

I'll be the minority and say I found Sleeping Dogs to be pretty boring. This doesn't mean it's a bad game, per say. But I found it to be very overrated by the internet. Probably because the side-missions are very sparse.

Saints Row isn't very different, either. I'm starting to wonder if the Sandbox genre is for me anymore, probably have outgrown it since GTA4 kinda soured me on the genre. :/

(I still need to beat the DLC expansions, Stallion needs to pester me to do that, but having to boot through Social Club and explorer instead of Steam kinda makes me not want to do that at times)

I'll agree on Sleeping Dogs, it was ok, nothing more. I thought it was very overrated.

AssCreed 4 $29.99 on Amazon. Yay on Nay?

The best question to usually ask is "Are you going to play it right now? Would it be at the top (or very near) of your backlog?" If the answer is no, then I would always wait for a $30 Ubisoft game, it'll be $15 or less by the summer or next holiday sale I would suspect.

There's no middle ground between that and "one person per city block" mode?

Oh, I thought you were referring more to the empty road, since I did see people on the sidewalks. Yeah, I guess you could make the crowds thicker, but I think that's likely a technology issue more than anything. The only open-world game I can think of with okay crowds is Assassin's Creed, and that doesn't have car traffic to contend with. The Metro games have pretty good crowds but those are much smaller game worlds and most of the people are stationary, i.e. no smart navigation/collision avoidance AI to worry about.

NZNova

I kinda want to buy a Tetris game on Steam. Is there a decent Tetris game on Steam? My searches have been pretty fruitless so far.

That's the only claim to fame it has. And that got boring after about 30 mins of doing the combat in the story. That leaves... shopping and karoke for side-missions if you don't count the Yakuza missions as part of the side-quest/missions.

Which leads to: Sparse/boring.
I'll actually agree with you on this, I thought Sleeping Dogs wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I had a good time, but the game relied on its hand to hand combat a lot, which became very, very repetitive by the time I had gone through it all. Wei Shen was entertaining throughout though, but I couldn't help thinking how much more I found GTA4 mechanically enjoyable, despite the internet tidal wave of backlash.

Caerith

Oh, I thought you were referring more to the empty road, since I did see people on the sidewalks. Yeah, I guess you could make the crowds thicker, but I think that's likely a technology issue more than anything. The only open-world game I can think of with okay crowds is Assassin's Creed, and that doesn't have car traffic to contend with. The Metro games have pretty good crowds but those are much smaller game worlds and most of the people are stationary, i.e. no smart navigation/collision avoidance AI to worry about.

I meant both, really. I understand the limitations, what with being multi-plat, but still.

Turfster

Blonde female Shepard is the only way to go.
Lies. Femshep is a redhead, everyone knows that! ;)
Is Sleeping Dogs set after some apocalyptic event where 95% of Hong Kong was evacuated?
Imagine how much more annoying the driving-and-not-hitting-anything-because-you're-a-cop would have been if the roads had been even more congested.

I have 160 installed games on my system. I have played only 36 of them.

I have decided that starting today and until the end of the weekend that I am going to start at the top of the list of the installed games and play each of them for half an hour and give my brief impression of each game here in the Steam thread after I've played them. So they'll only be 30 minute impressions and it will be just a quick play with a line at the end of each mini "preview" as to whether or not I'm likely to ever play again. LOL. How did I end up with so many games that I might never play? Surely I must have been interested in them at some point. I think a mass of them have come from Indie bundles though where I wanted maybe one or two games from the bundle. Yet - I don't install the ones that I don't want from the bundles.

Either way, I'll be uninstalling the games that I doubt I'll play again after this whole thing. What prompted me to do this? Going through my games and finding games that I think look kinda cool to play that I haven't looked at in ages while putting everything into categories using Depressurizer. I like having things organised so this has been a great excercise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom