• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished up with as much as I want to play of Valdis tonight. The engineers palace kind of ruined my enjoyment of the game. I got through it, but after that it was like "why am I bothering".

Still got a good 8 hours out of it and I loved the boss fights and challenge. Overall I would rate it my favourite out of the dust/valdis/guac trilogy of whatever these games are called.

Story: Valdis
Combat: Valdis
Boss Fights: Valdis
Artstyle: Valdis
Lack of Frustration: Dust
Fun Factor: Guac
Puzzle/Challenges: Guac
Graphics: Dust

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh, not even available in the UK store. Bloody Ubisoft.

It's available on the Aussie store... at double the price ($20 marked down to $10). Ubi loves the Aussie Tax. I'm actually tempted despite this, but seeing as my patience with Anno 1404 is scheduled to pay off I'll try my luck again. ;)

Kiru

Everyone should have this by now, but if someone still doesn't have it...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shank 2 -- MB-F3AE8713DF018D09 - Taken by Sullichin. 6 entrants total.

t1388851361z1.png

Jawmuncher

I'm definitely interested in seeing how I will compare both Dust and Valdis to Guacamelee.
Plan on beating Valdis within the weak and playing Dust sometime next month. In terms of easiness I don't think either will beat Guac. Game for the most part had the perfect balanced difficulty aside from a few platforming parts. I've already been having a little bit of trouble in Valdis combat wise but remapping the DOWN button to RB seems to have fixed my problems of dashing when I never meant to.

Tizoc

...when the heck did I get Anno 1404 Gold from GMG?
Should I go the usual route of getting the Steam ver. when it's 75% off in this case?

cicero

Looking at the Amazon Editor's Choice games, I notice the XCOM collection went from a cheap price to it's standard $59.99 USD price. Great "savings" and deals there.

Again, based on what has happened for the past two years, the items being sold are subject to change throughout the month. This includes temporary sales that don't even last a day but have a limited number of keys available. If the game says "unavailable" it has likely sold out. If you see a high full retail price, it likely has a specific time period that it will be on sale later on this month, or it has been on a special sale and it has ended and it has reverted back to its original price.

If this is your first time being involved with the Amazon.com January Editor's Choice promotion, please take the time to be patient and recognize certain Amazon specific ways of running promos. This isn't a Steam sale, patience is a virtue. If you want though, you can create an account on either CheapAssGamer or Reddit and talk to the official Amazon rep, Tony, there.

JaseC

...when the heck did I get Anno 1404 Gold from GMG?
Should I go the usual route of getting the Steam ver. when it's 75% off in this case?

If you still have the order confirmation e-mail, you could try asking Ubi for a Steam key once the patch has been pushed through (if you do it now Ubi may just say that the Steam version "is no longer actively supported" or some such).

Wok

I have cleaned my list of Steam contacts and there are 5 guys from here whom I don't remember the pseudonym. Here are the avatars:

If you remember one of them, could you point out to one of their posts on here?

The left-most one is drizzle.

Ah, thanks! I remember now.

Edit: The middle one is No clue whatsoever (4 posts since 2010, but often visits) and the last one is nacimento. Two left.

Tizoc

If you still have the order confirmation e-mail, you could try asking Ubi for a Steam key once the patch has been pushed through (if you do it now Ubi may just say that the Steam version "is no longer actively supported" or some such).

Neat I'll check all my GMG e-mails from the past year once it's up on Steam, thanks Jase.

Speaking of which, I got Ghostbusters from Gamersgate, any chance they could provide a Steam key as well?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck games that crash when you tab out / dont let you tab back in. I bet im going to have to replay the whole level again too

Arthea

g'day steamgaf

I've been busy for several days, not only missed the last day of sale, but moving back to regular thread too.
Did I miss anything mindblowing?

JaseC

Neat I'll check all my GMG e-mails from the past year once it's up on Steam, thanks Jase.

Speaking of which, I got Ghostbusters from Gamersgate, any chance they could provide a Steam key as well?

There's no harm in trying but I can't say I have any information regarding how Ubi or Atari typically operate when it comes to the matter of complimentary keys. Maybe you'll just get ignored, like I usually do. ;)

wazoo

I've never played the game. :( In fact, I had no idea it was an FPS until just last year, haha.

It is made by the BGE (Best Game Ever or Beyond Good and Evil if you want) team. Just for curiosity, it should be picked.

And it is DRM free, so you do not lose much to have it (no securom or things like that)

Lain

I've really liked 1000 Amps, it's a very nice little game, but the boss at the end is sorta frustrating me, plus I'm sitting at 99% completed as far as the map goes and I have no idea what I'm missing to get 100%.

JaseC

It is made by the BGE (Best Game Ever or Beyond Good and Evil if you want) team. Just for curiosity, it should be picked.

And it is DRM free, so you do not lose much to have it (no securom or things like that)

Knowing my luck I'd throw $10 down on the game only for it to pop up on Steam tomorrow. :p

Arthea

I think JaseC changed his avatar

and valdis story was worth the money
It would be mindblowing if Jasec changed avy to, let's say, Duke, or Dante, or Desmond. But for the second there, I believed this exact event happened (><)

That's good to know!

FTL, oh my god, now I understand that galactica pic...

:D

Welcome to the awesome! :D

Just for the record, this is what SteamGAF has been playing for the past two weeks.

cSyvcsm.jpg

Ha! I saw the XCOM icon and thought "hm, I bet most of those hours are from me" only to see a startled little pussy cat staring out from the screen. As it happens only 45.5 of those hours in the last 2 weeks playtime are from me :). Interestingly, XCOM only comes in at number 11 in my friends list. I need better friends clearly :/.

Hey people, should I get Warland EE or XCOM EU? I'm debating between the two, although one is $5 and the other $10 >-<

Do you see Warland EE in that list above? Do you? DO YOU?!!!

Seriously though, I have no knowledge of Warland EE.

Get XCOM EU though :p.

Thought about using my $5 Amazon promotional credit on Crysis 3, but it requires Origin...

Is Bioshock Infinite worth $5 for somebody that hasn't played any Bioshock? I must add that I'm planning to play the games in this order:

System Shock 2
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite

Me too! :D

Unless you are planning on playing them all back to back I would wait. BI isn't going anywhere and will be going on sale from here to eternity. It cost a pretty penny to make so they will be trying to recoup their investment any which way they can. Selling the game itself cheap will be their policy in the hope that they make more money in the end from DLC sales.

Hello my dear SteamGAF ! And a happy new year to you all !!!
Sorry if I've been more than sparse these last few weeks, the thread is usually hard to follow because of its speed, but in a Steam sale ? No way !
And my dad got out of the hospital... to re-enter it two days later ! Let's hope it's a remnant of the most shitty 2013 and not a 2014 thing (for whom that might ask, he is well, thank god).

On another note, is this a really bad joke or is this really the Amazon editor's sale were we are meant to spend our coupons ? http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000728511

Thanks for the update you fine fellow :). Glad to hear that your dad is okay although he had to go back into the hospital. Hope you are all over the worst and it is only onward and upward from here :). All the very best to you and your loved ones.

my 3 screens that succumbed to headbutts because of that platforming section on top of the giant tree disagree

*self avatar quote*

moar info pls

Everyone should have this by now, but if someone still doesn't have it...

I don't! I should do the amount of times I've entered ModBot draws for it though! :) *fingers crossed*

JaseC

It would be mindblowing if Jasec changed avy to, let's say, Duke, or Dante, or Desmond. But for the second there, I believed this exact event happened (><)

That's good to know!

Haha, I couldn't go back to my pre-Saoirse avatar even if I wanted to as another user sports Cooper giving the thumbs up these days (though having said that I haven't seen it in a while).

Jawmuncher

I caved and just bought MGR even though I can't play it.
Have to support more MGS on Steam and the promise of cards is just to much for me to ignore. So Glad GMG has it at 18.00

The_Monk

Hello my dear SteamGAF ! And a happy new year to you all !!!
Sorry if I've been more than sparse these last few weeks, the thread is usually hard to follow because of its speed, but in a Steam sale ? No way !
And my dad got out of the hospital... to re-enter it two days later ! Let's hope it's a remnant of the most shitty 2013 and not a 2014 thing (for whom that might ask, he is well, thank god).

Still trying to catch up on the news. Wishing the very best for your dad fellow GAFfer, if you ever need anything you know who you can count on.

---

On topic I'm trying to avoid installing new games to keep my installed list to a very minimum which can be helpful to focus on the already installed games/backlog. Except, I have installed games that can last hundreds of hours to finish!

Sanic

Is there a website that can give me detailed stats on my Steam profile? Specifically, i'm wondering if I played certain games more in 2012 or 2013.

I picked up the rest of the single-player DLC for Aliens: Colonial Marines on GMG - for less than $2.50 for Stasis Interrupted and the CE pack, I couldn't resist.

I think I'm ready to endure what this game has to throw at me.

Okay so MGR:R comes out soon. I used to have a 360 controller for my PC, but it now lives at a friends house for playing Speedrunners. I'm going to buy a new controller, should I get another Xbox 360 controller, a PS4 controller or an Xbox One controller?

I really liked the Xbox 360 controller, the PS4 controller is nice, but I'm hesitant about it because they cost AU$100 and the rubber on the analog sticks seems problematic, and I've never tried the Xbox One controller.

Soule

I caved and just bought MGR even though I can't play it.
Have to support more MGS on Steam and the promise of cards is just to much for me to ignore. So Glad GMG has it at 18.00

Haha I was so close to doing the same, luckily one of the many games from the holiday haul caught my attention before I caved.

God, the post sale Client Store is just so drab and boring it looks like something from the internet from about 10 years ago :/. I'd rather have that than some of the sites out there nowadays e.g. Polygon but still :/. JShack to the rescue? :p

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I have cleaned my list of Steam contacts and there are 5 guys from here whom I don't remember the pseudonym. Here are the avatars:

I think #4 might be allansm.

I've really liked 1000 Amps, it's a very nice little game, but the boss at the end is sorta frustrating me, plus I'm sitting at 99% completed as far as the map goes and I have no idea what I'm missing to get 100%.
I was right there with you until reading this thread on the forums. Maybe you missed the same room.

The_Monk

God, the post sale Client Store is just so drab and boring it looks like something from the internet from about 10 years ago :/. I'd rather have that than some of the sites out there nowadays e.g. Polygon but still :/. JShack to the rescue? :p

Indeed, I would love a new, refreshing look. It looks bland and outdated. That's why I'm always on the installed games Tab so I can stare at my backlog and keep on clearing it.

fantomena

Got to day 15 in my first Papers Please playthough, I was arrested due to some illegal financial activites. I say Im finished, not playing through the game again since the same mistake may happen again.

Echoplx

Edit; lttp lol

Anteater

I don't even browse the store after sales, I just check gaf

Still upset i couldn't buy games at the end of the sale, and we got nothing for it not even a 12 hour sale, i wanted to sell my cards and get Valdis had $3.10 in my wallet and 12 cards to sell only needing 64cents i sure i would have gotten it... :(((

JaseC

Okay so MGR:R comes out soon. I used to have a 360 controller for my PC, but it now lives at a friends house for playing Speedrunners. I'm going to buy a new controller, should I get another Xbox 360 controller, a PS4 controller or an Xbox One controller?

I really liked the Xbox 360 controller, the PS4 controller is nice, but I'm hesitant about it because they cost AU$100 and the rubber on the analog sticks seems problematic, and I've never tried the Xbox One controller.

Unless I've missed something, there are no X1 controller drivers at all just yet.

oipic

The second one might be alr1ght, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom