• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

Your generosity is something to behold, Dupy, it really is. Thank very much for all the kind giveaways, you're making many folks very happy, I'm sure.

image.php

Chris R

Finally! Check one off the steam backlog.

Spec Ops The Line was a bunch of fun. More fun than Infinite if I can say that without people jumping down my throat. Infinite was just too long by 5 or 6 hours. Spec Ops knew to not overstay it's visit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, but still. Either put them all in caps or no one, but don't put only some of them. That's hideous!

But functional!

AC4 has me by the goddamn balls. Sometimes I will just fuck around and pick up collectables, but fortunately it hasn't made me want to full sync all the story missions, even though I am at 97% one way through. Stop tempting me, Ubisoft.

I even stepped outside to hack a few computers, I feel filthy.

I'd decided to not bother with the social stuff on the count of being tremendously unlucky with convoys but now that I've found a second one I'll push through the drudgery.

Edit: I just found the last one I needed while looking for a white whale! Must be my lucky day.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Friday night, long weekend, gonna be great.

0mhLKjy.png

See you guys in about 40-50 hours.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

Spec Ops The Line was a bunch of fun. More fun than Infinite if I can say that without people jumping down my throat. Infinite was just too long by 5 or 6 hours. Spec Ops knew to not overstay it's visit.

Agree with you 120%

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Spec Ops would have benefited from losing about 3 hours.

Chris R

Spec Ops would have benefited from losing about 3 hours.

It was maybe a little long, but still was only like 8 or 9 hours, beat it just playing weekday nights this week. Infinite on the other hand just DRAGGED in the final 1/2 of the game. Gunplay wasn't terrific and I would have quit if they story wasn't as good as it was.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's not long enough to 100% it. ;)

Good point - it has achievements now on Google Play so... might be longer. I have a long trip tomorrow and then have to wait about 5 hours for my wife and daughter to do their thing in town so the timing is perfect.

Sadly, I'm not sure if the new version of Enhanced Steam for Firefox will be done this weekend or not.

I beat Orcs Must Die 2 and finally got past wave 40 in Endless Mode, so I felt that I was at a good stopping point. Moving on to another game I won during the GAF holiday raffles, I started playing:

Sanctum-2-Featured-Logo.gif

Coming off of my OMD2 binge, I was worried I would be burnt out on tower defense games. Thankfully, Sanctum 2 feels so much different with its FPS element that it's a fresh experience. It's definitely a fun game, and more addictive than I expected. One complaint I have is that you can't build very many towers. Like, usually by the 5th wave I'll only have around 3 or 4 towers. I guess I understand why they limit them because it would make the game too easy, but still, it makes the game feel more like a FPS with tower defense elements added on.

One really cool thing is the online co-op. I had no idea this was in the game until someone joined while I was playing a level! I was surprised but it ended up being really fun. I wish my friends had this game because it's a great co-op game.

I'm currently stuck on a level called Roadworks. Some of the levels have been somewhat difficult, but this fucking level just kicks my ass. I haven't even made it to the final wave. I think I'll try it one more time and if I can't beat it I'll watch a YouTube tutorial or something.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It was maybe a little long, but still was only like 8 or 9 hours, beat it just playing weekday nights this week. Infinite on the other hand just DRAGGED in the final 1/2 of the game. Gunplay wasn't terrific and I would have quit if they story wasn't as good as it was.

But Spec Ops gunplay wasn't terrific either and the story was just a modern take on a tale we have seen in an incredibly well known book and film.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga -- MB-261AABEE582ECB99 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk

Cth

So joining the likes of Terria and Starbound is Under the Ocean.

Has anyone taken the dive and tried it out yet?

Picked it up back in July based on GAF WOM but haven't gotten to it in the backlog yet.

I think I picked it up because of the randomly generated stuff. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.

oipic

So joining the likes of Terria and Starbound is Under the Ocean.

Has anyone taken the dive and tried it out yet?

For what it's worth, it has been a fair while between updates, as the Under the Ocean devs have gone back to the drawing board (based on player feedback), and they're now switching to a 2.5D perspective, and making a whole bunch of other sizeable gameplay changes. All looks to be positive stuff, however.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Metal Gear Rising Pack
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metal Gear Rising: REVENGEANCE #1 -- MB-C9ECDBEB08196C1F - Taken by oipic
Metal Gear Rising: REVENGEANCE #2 -- MB-20BDB1E21B5BCA65 - Taken by eyeless

Cth

Ok, I can tell when I'm beat :D

I'm calling it a night! Congrats everybody!

Thanks again to Dupy for some great giveaways! Enjoy the games folks and post some impressions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom