• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Praise the lord! Now I just need to pray for enough luck to find one more. These social-based challenges are ridiculous as the locations are time zone-dependent and to make matters worse there are different servers, but there's no way to know which one you're connected to and the only known method of switching is to exit single-player, launch multiplayer, and then return to SP.
That's one of the most unpleasant menus I've ever seen. Why do 3 options start in caps, but the rest don't?

The_Monk

Praise the lord! Now I just need to pray for enough luck to find one more. These social-based challenges are ridiculous as the locations are time zone-dependent and to make matters worse there are different servers, but there's no way to know which one you're connected to and the only known method of switching is to exit single-player, launch multiplayer, and then return to SP.

Well done! But that picture reminded me of the Anno 1404 Steam Grid Icon...ugh! ;)

Relax.MX

Happy birthday!

You can pay using your CC without a PayPal account:

RThcP2C.png

Gracias man!! done!

Tomb Raider its pretty enjoyable if you dont hold the original games to heart and you can ignore the story. Gameplay is good after the first hour and it keeps getting better as you upgrade your stuff.

Then good thing I never finished the original TR games. I was about 10 when the first one was released and lost interest after the third.

Also, happy birthday!

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Indie Darling Pack

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gone Home -- MB-F2199D88A78CD040 - Taken by The_Monk
Guacamelee! Gold Edition #1 -- MB-5653774A58B063EB - Taken by Kuroyume
Guacamelee! Gold Edition #2 -- MB-5E84390186B213F3 - Taken by eyeless
Guacamelee! Gold Edition #3 -- MB-F21BE7D2D2A2D703 - Taken by Nabs

yoshizzle

Nice giveaways, Dupy!

Tomb Raider its pretty enjoyable if you dont hold the original games to heart and you can ignore the story. Gameplay is good after the first hour and it keeps getting better as you upgrade your stuff.
Is it important for me to play any of the earlier Tomb Raiders to get an understanding for the story before playing the newest one? Oh, and happy birthday!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Nice giveaways, Dupy!

Is it important for me to play any of the earlier Tomb Raiders to get an understanding for the story before playing the newest one? Oh, and happy birthday!

The new one is a reboot so its not needed to play them.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Grabbed dat Tomb Raider 2013 from GMG. Figured it was worth checking out at that price.
Plus, I was always interested in what Uncharted is like

Why do Deadly Premonition's achievements spoil the story?

Whose bright idea was that?
Shit, I didn't know they had so many achievements on the PC version. Time to replay the game for the fourth time! The Xbox list was only 12 IIRC, no spoilers there. However, looking at the Steam list, wow, spoilers galore. Why wouldn't they make them secret?

I guess just don't hazard a look at the list if you plan on playing the game. Even if you did though, it's still worth playing. Such a weird and wonderful experience.

Dupy

Guacamelee! Pack Part Two

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition #1 -- MB-C20374C7DDD6B151 - Taken by Kirosia
Guacamelee! Gold Edition #2 -- MB-63AFC18F751059E0 - Taken by The Dear Leader

Sober

AC4 has me by the goddamn balls. Sometimes I will just fuck around and pick up collectables, but fortunately it hasn't made me want to full sync all the story missions, even though I am at 97% one way through. Stop tempting me, Ubisoft.

I even stepped outside to hack a few computers, I feel filthy.

Sajjaja

AC4 has me by the goddamn balls. Sometimes I will just fuck around and pick up collectables, but fortunately it hasn't made me want to full sync all the story missions, even though I am at 97% one way through. Stop tempting me, Ubisoft.

I even stepped outside to hack a few computers, I feel filthy.

The lore they provide outside the animus is actually quite interesting and has some good character development for Desmond as well.

Dupy

Lego Lord of the Rings Pack

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Lego The Lord of the Rings #1 -- MB-31DCCFF523FE918A - Taken by bkw
Lego The Lord of the Rings #2 -- MB-897E9493619DB09C - Taken by didamangi

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
For some reason I'm kind of interested in other Lego games even though I never beat Lego Batman 2.

oipic

Your generosity is something to behold, Dupy, it really is. Thank you very much for all the kind giveaways, you're making many folks very happy, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom