• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch

Gold Member
I tried playing deadly premonition and i get like 10fps, I can play battlefield 3 with more fps than that, I am guessing it is just a horrible port and I should give up? I was thinking maybe its just the rain in the first part of the game.

restart your computer

HoosTrax

Anyone know of a decent Eneloop charger? I'm still using this ancient Radio Shack charger that is dual NiMH / NiCd that takes the better part of a day to fully charge a AA Eneloop. I think I've heard of ones that can charge one in around 5 hours though -- is this true?

It's usually not a major issue since I have two sets of 2xAAs that I cycle between.

(And yes, I did briefly consider the 360 Play and Charge kit)

Adnor

Banned
Someone tried to change my Steam password. I have Steam Guard activated, and my e-mail and Steam password are different, also I activated the two-step verification system for my e-mail. I should be safe, right?

Ban Puncher

Anyone know of a decent Eneloop charger? I'm still using this ancient Radio Shack charger that is dual NiMH / NiCd that takes the better part of a day to fully charge a AA Eneloop. I think I've heard of ones that can charge one in around 5 hours though -- is this true?

It's usually not a major issue since I have two sets of 2xAAs that I cycle between.

eneloop 4 pack and charger from $18.35 from Amazon

Apologies if you are not in the US.

You can get eneloop Quick Chargers and batteries that will charger faster (2 hours) but you will pay more.

I can't comment on the Eneloop side as I am not familiar with those but in general have a google for 'smart battery charger'. The chargers that tend to be sold in most brick and morter retailers are 'dumb' i.e. they just charge for a set time, irrespective of the remaining charge on the battery and so on. This can lead to overcharging which degrades the efficacy and life of the battery. A smart charger does not do this and does more besides.

This is the one I invested in a few years ago when I needed frequent battery changes for my Wiimotes:

http://www.technoline.eu/details.php?id=1400&kat=15

However, I would recommend you do some research as I suggest above as this might not be the best, most up to date model for your particular needs.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Someone tried to change my Steam password. I have Steam Guard activated, and my e-mail and Steam password are different, also I activated the two-step verification system for my e-mail. I should be safe, right?

I wouldn't worry.

I use the one that came with the pair of AAs I bought. I've never timed how long it takes to charge but it has to be between 6-8 hours because I usually charge them before I go to bed and when I wake up they're ready.
zxZ1z4E.jpg

Alien8

Let's see if someone knows what's going on with my library on Steam:

I bought the humble bundle with the ARMA games, and when I tried to redeem ARMA 2, I couldn't because I already have the game.

xWEWx8l.png

so far, so good. Nothing special if your library is fairly large

But if I click on the store page for the game, Steam allows me to buy it for myself again, as if I didn't have bought the game before.

pv1yrH5.png

I know it's not a big deal, but my OCD would like an explanation that I'm not able to give.

Anustart

The is a super late post, but did you forget about the very beginning of the game when the bigass cube talks to you using that very alphabet? (It comes up again later too.) I don't remember finding any obvious hints for it, but it's probably meant to be solvable the same way you'd crack any cryptogram found on a newspaper puzzle page.

As for the button codes, those are explicitly revealed to you in a room that you presumably hadn't gotten to yet...and if you can't figure out how to string them together right then, step-by-step instructions are in yet another room.

You can't* solve every secret room in Fez on the first pass. So if you're stumped, move on and come back later. You might get an idea or simply learn something new about the game world that's applicable from a different room.

* maybe it's technically possible, but highly improbable unless you're using a FAQ

Ahh, probably forgot about it. I started my playthrough then put it down for a couple months!

I bought the humble bundle with the ARMA games, and when I tried to redeem ARMA 2, I couldn't because I already have the game.

But if I click on the store page for the game, Steam allows me to buy it for myself again, as if I didn't have bought the game before.

I know it's not a big deal, but my OCD would like an explanation that I'm not able to give.

No explanation I can give, but it's the same for me.

xWEWx8l.png

pv1yrH5.png

I was wondering the same exact thing actually. Enhanced Steam says I don't own Arma 2 but it's in my library. Might be an error on Valve's end.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

xWEWx8l.png

pv1yrH5.png

There are two Arma 2 apps in the registry (one US, one ROW), but they're flagged to be ignored by Steam when it comes to buying/activating a sub, so if you own one you can't have the other. Due to my love for region-specific apps I was burned by this during the Winter Sale.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm confused. Are you german ? lol

No but it was the cheapest place I could find a physical copy of 007 Legends that activates on Steam.

What's the shipping on something like that?
I'm assuming you're in the US.

Yeah I'm in the US, shipping was another EUR 3,24. All together cost was $31.93.

Yeah I'm in the US, shipping was another EUR 3,24. All together cost was $31.93.

Wow that's actually not bad at all. I was considering doing this a week or two ago after I bought Blur and Riddick but I'd prefer to wait and see what happens to the 007 gaming license. The license is too big to just be tossed aside in my opinion.

Alien8

There are two Arma 2 apps in the registry (one US, one ROW), but they're flagged to be ignored by Steam when it comes to buying/activating a sub, so if you own one you can't have the other. Due to my love for region-specific apps I was burned by this during the Winter Sale.

Thaks for the info. The next step then is obvious...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Alien8:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ARMA II -- MB-A24399B94FBF473B - Taken by Dice. 3 entrants total.

t1390067985z1.png

HoosTrax

eneloop 4 pack and charger from $18.35 from Amazon

Apologies if you are not in the US.

You can get eneloop Quick Chargers and batteries that will charger faster (2 hours) but you will pay more.

I can't comment on the Eneloop side as I am not familiar with those but in general have a google for 'smart battery charger'. The chargers that tend to be sold in most brick and morter retailers are 'dumb' i.e. they just charge for a set time, irrespective of the remaining charge on the battery and so on. This can lead to overcharging which degrades the efficacy and life of the battery. A smart charger does not do this and does more besides.

This is the one I invested in a few years ago when I needed frequent battery changes for my Wiimotes:

http://www.technoline.eu/details.php?id=1400&kat=15

However, I would recommend you do some research as I suggest above as this might not be the best, most up to date model for your particular needs.

I use the one that came with the pair of AAs I bought. I've never timed how long it takes to charge but it has to be between 6-8 hours because I usually charge them before I go to bed and when I wake up they're ready.
zxZ1z4E.jpg
Thanks, I might get the Sanyo charger + battery bundle. Never hurts to have some spares on hand, since I tend to have to swap them out of my 360 and into my camera all the time.

Btw, I noticed just now that the label on the 360 says "2 x 1.5V". Wonder why they bother, when 1.2V rechargeables work just fine, without the environment killing waste.

fozzy

Thinking of playing Dead Space next. Played quite a bit of it on console. But should use controller again, or is it better with mouse and keyboard?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
For how much?
Nvm, just saw your price

That's only like, $8-ish, which is pretty much the minimum cost of finding it yourself somewhere and having it shipped. I haven't seen anyone selling Prey keys that cheap on Steam/GAF before, so that's a great price.

Dolken

Neo Member
I don’t know what’s worse: There being no video options aside from changing your resolution in Darksiders, or the game crashing due to an intro movie being played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom