• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kade

Is there a site or something where you could download Steam backups of games? The bandwidth cap situation at home is pretty bad and I'd rather leech off of my school and work.

MRORANGE

Is there a site or something where you could download Steam backups of games? The bandwidth cap situation at home is pretty bad and I'd rather leech off of my school and work.

install steam on a remote laptop/computer and download the games, copy what games you want from SteamApps folder and move the folder onto your home pc. right click the new game in steam and go to properties, local files and select 'verify integrity of game cache'.

Last two keys I have...this time I got it right at least. Enjoy :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Camel Master:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hoard -- MB-F3343673379A9AF3 - Taken by Sullichin. 2 entrants total.
Bit Trip Runner 2 -- MB-CDD4F199935F491A - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 3 entrants total.

t1390091837z1.png

One more caveman here.

Also, lawlz @ 31th! I remember being interested in Loadout when I heard the concept. Any beta people have any opinions?

Lets see, over-the-top cartoon violence, fun game modes, awesome weapon customization system, success reliant on squad play. Yeah, it's pretty awesome

And it's completely F2P, real life money can only be used to customize character

So, you guys.

y89Htec.jpg

I said I was gonna do it, and I did it.

IZOx5em.png

Fantastic game. Didn't take that long to beat, even with having completed all the 'gameplay activities'.Definitely going to pick it up when it becomes cheaper, because I'm sure I'm going to replay it.

yuraya

Has anyone ever ran into a situation where you tried to sell something on the marketplace and your item/listing disappears from the market? and you didn't get paid for it nor is it in your inventory?

Cheddahz

Banned
Does anybody know if the physical copy of Saint's Row IV is Steamworks? The Microsoft Store has it on sale for $15 and I was just going to go ahead and pick it up

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Has anyone ever ran into a situation where you tried to sell something on the marketplace and your item/listing disappears from the market? and you didn't get paid for it nor is it in your inventory?

Nope, but sometimes some items disappear from the market listing until you refresh your browser.

hohoXD123

So, you guys.

y89Htec.jpg

I said I was gonna do it, and I did it.

IZOx5em.png

Fantastic game. Didn't take that long to beat, even with having completed all the 'gameplay activities'.Definitely going to pick it up when it becomes cheaper, because I'm sure I'm going to replay it.
Wow, well done. May pick this up at a later date, still need to play through SR3 though.

mannerbot

Note to self: Stay away from the Valley of the Drakes in Dark Souls.

Jesus Christ.

It's not so bad, just get behind the drakes. But yeah, apparently you just started it yesterday so there's other stuff you "should" be doing right now. It's a really short area that basically just connects a couple of proper areas though.

Copons

Note to self: Stay away from the Valley of the Drakes in Dark Souls.

Jesus Christ.

Yeah, I remember passing by that between New Londo and Darkroot Basin (or am I confusing them? goddamnit when the hell they're gonna deliver me the new PC??? T_T ), where you see those two huge dragon bounces on the other side of the bridge.
Always thought: "never in my life I'm gonna cross that bridge", but I know that eventually I'm gonna find a super spinning blade of the mutafuka blasting lazors fireballs of inferno (END+100), and I'm totally gonna kick their asses.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hello my friends, how are you this fine day?

Going back a bit in this thread, as a semi-regular active member I've never felt lost to talk around a certain actress as it's always a tangent where normal Steam talk overrides. Though I never take part in it.

Has anyone had it where everything in Skyrim starts spazing out? Carriages flipping over, NPCs teleporting, your own character floating and spinning? The game was working just fine for many hours and now it is just going crazy.

I spent an hour riding an upside down horse, on fire, killing every NPC I could find as my character become nigh-invincible. I just took it as a random bit of fun that a person plays for in a standard open world Bethesda title as an extra to the main game.

Restart and load and earlier save file always fixed it for me.

Copons

MOST of it is optional. The end part that leads to the boss is mandatory.

Ah, ok then.
You're talking about the two entrance, one from the sewers and the other from New Londo (IIRC), where you need the master key to get in.
I got there from the sewers, but then I stayed there for total pleasure (well...), cleaning it all up for every useless item I could find around. :D

mannerbot

MOST of it is optional. The end part that leads to the boss is mandatory.

What you meant was that you skip most of it by using the Master Key.

Ah, ok then.
You're talking about the two entrance, one from the sewers and the other from New Londo (IIRC), where you need the master key to get in.
I got there from the sewers, but then I stayed there for total pleasure (well...), cleaning it all up for every useless item I could find around. :D

There's a lot of good loot there though. Well, now that I think about it I'm not sure if I'd go out of my way for most of it, but as a new player the gear is worth it.

Blighttown is a place nobody should ever go to unless they farmed enough of those poison clump from the garden and have some type of cast light ability. That place should just be avoided altogether until someone has power leveled high enough lol. its a nightmare

It's really not that bad, and you can just buy purple moss from the vendor in the Depths anyway.

yuraya

Speaking of Dark Souls, I've beaten the game like 3-5 times but I've never been through Blighttown.

Blighttown is a place nobody should ever go to unless they farmed enough of those poison clump from the garden and have some type of cast light ability. That place should just be avoided altogether until someone has power leveled high enough lol. its a nightmare

Relax.MX

I just finished Bit Trip Runner, the game was very fun, i have to confess that the last time I played it was that summer of Steam achievements and i was like 4 levels before the final boss. Take me 9 hours to finish all the levels. The first 2 chapters I did perfectly, but the thrid was a torture so i stop trying.

I would like that more people will try to play it, because I see is one of the games that everyone have and played only that famous Sale. The game is fairly difficult, but more that rhythm, what matters is to memorize the movements, and have good art. I played with keyboard without a problem.

VoidZero

Banned
So was playing Spelunky and died in an incredible way, after I killed Yama.
I was greedy and tried to get all the gems after the fight. I throw on Bomb and it got stuck to my character, I didn't even know that could happen.

Sajjaja

What you meant was that you skip most of it by using the Master Key.

Eh, I don't really considering going through Blighttown if you take the shortcut (from New Londo).

I mean sure, literally, you have to go through blighttown no matter what, but that's not really what people dread blighttown for lol.

Tenrius

It's a cakewalk. You just have to make sure you have the Spider shield and that rust ring equipped.

mannerbot

Eh, I don't really considering going through Blighttown if you take the shortcut (from New Londo).

I mean sure, literally, you have to go through blighttown no matter what, but that's not really what people dread blighttown for lol.

I figured most people hated the area because they played on console with awful framerate? I thought Blighttown was ok. I mean, the
snipers
are annoying but they don't respawn so it's no big deal.

It's a cakewalk. You just have to make sure you have the Spider shield and that rust ring equipped.

And sure enough, FROM gives you a Spider Shield in the Depths to prepare you for Blighttown!

Copons

There's a lot of good loot there though. Well, now that I think about it I'm not sure if I'd go out of my way for most of it, but as a new player the gear is worth it.

It does indeed, but I don't know why, I had better equip than most of the stuff I got from there (and I quite sure I looted it all, as after a bit, totally frustrated by the less than 10fps I got there, I resorted to a map to reach every loot as soon as possible.
But then again, it has been several months since the last time I played DS, so I'm maybe forgetting something.

Relax.MX

So was playing Spelunky and died in an incredible way, after I killed Yama.
I was greedy and tried to get all the gems after the fight. I throw on Bomb and it got stuck to my character, I didn't even know that could happen.

EfIXbud.jpg

My best record was something like that, i was like 6 lifes, alot of items and i just fucked up with the most easy jump.

Copons

You don't even need the rust ring. You will get poisoned, being slow is just an inconvenience.

Yeah but without that ring it would be way too frustrating than what it already is.

And in my case, it would make the game seems like lower than 3fps instead of the unstable 10fps I got. :D

yuraya

For me it was very bad. I walked into that place with half hp after being cursed in the sewers. No poison clumps. very sloppy build, no homeward bone things. After suffering through that place for a couple of days I finally got around everything and beat that damn
lava topless spider witch
. It was such a relief to complete that area lol felt good.

mannerbot

There are two drakes and one undead dragon if you come come down the elevator from Darkroot Basin.
But you're right, you can run past them if you're lucky.

Ah right, I was thinking about the other elevator. My mistake! Luck has nothing to do with running past the drakes though, you just get them to attack and then sidestep. I mean, in speedruns and SL1 plays people naked run through that whole area for the RTSR.

VoidZero

Banned
My best record was something like that, i was like 6 lifes, alot of items and i just fucked up with the most easy jump.

It's overconfidence. You can't beat spelunky, it beats you.

In hindisight it's kind of funny, me desperately trying to get to the exit with a bomb stuck to me and exploding midflight.

Yesterday I got between a stone and a jump pad, and saw my life slowly draining away.
But I can't stop.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just finished the main story line of The Walking Dead (Season 1)

wave_of_feels-18739.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom