• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myshkin

Thanks Myshkin! I didn't particularly like SF1, but might give SF2 a chance. Talking about SF2, it had some expansions and I've seen several SF2 entries on steam. Do expansions go as separate games or something?

I only have one expansion, and it just adds another campaign.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I've heard (and seen) a lot of problems with ACIV even weeks after its launch. Are the constant, especially during cutscenes, freezes and other issues fixed through patches already? Or is Ubi gonna Ubi?
Love me some Pirates and collect-a-thon's.

Also, goodday SteamGAF! Been playing Gone Home, almost finished I guess. I love
love
stories, had no idea that would be Gone Home's genre when I bought it. And it's a pretty darn good one, too.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Leftovers! Now, somebody make a Carrier Command giveaway so I can win, because I'm not paying 6 dollars for that game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

UFO Afterlight -- MB-7346B72C81A7B097 - Taken by r3n4ud
ArmA II -- MB-7B2B4D5F8D36AD65 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Assassins Creed usually bores the hell out of me. But I may just bite on ACIV..... Those naval battles. That water....

From my perspective the game isn't much different to previous entries mechanically, but many people have enjoyed it despite earlier souring on the series. I'd put it ahead of Revelations and 3 but behind the others -- I really don't like the lack of sizeable locations in the game and much prefer large cities. As I've said before, I hope the first true next-gen AssCreed game has the locale variety of 2 with the city sizes of Brotherhood's Rome or Revelations' Constantinople.

I've heard (and seen) a lot of problems with ACIV even weeks after its launch. Are the constant, especially during cutscenes, freezes and other issues fixed through patches already? Or is Ubi gonna Ubi?
Love me some Pirates and collect-a-thon's.

Also, goodday SteamGAF! Been playing Gone Home, almost finished I guess. I love
love
stories, had no idea that would be Gone Home's genre when I bought it. And it's a pretty darn good one, too.

Uplay woes aside the game has behaved perfectly for me -- it hasn't frozen or crashed once in the almost-200-hours I've spent with it and all bugs I've encountered have been insignificant. Performance doesn't leave much to be desired, especially when you introduce PhysX into the equation, but in my experience it is more consistent than in 3.

fantomena

Just finished Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance including the Jetstream Sam and Blade World DLCs.

A very good and enjoyable game. Story was average, the camera wasn't good all the time, but overall a good game.

Lain

While checking I saw that Gamersgate added those steam keys to Guilty Gear Isuka and Gun Metal for me so if anyone else was waiting on them, go see if they added them for you too.

legacyzero

Banned
Gonna try and play some more Dark Souls. I decided to take a short break after reaching the inside of Anor Londo. Be with me, GAF

Fucking hate this place.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Gonna try and play some more Dark Souls. I decided to take a short break after reaching the inside of Anor Londo. Be with me, GAF

Fucking hate this place.

I *think* the only thing I have left in Dark Souls is the DLC and I'm on my way to the last section of the game
delivering souls to the lordvessel and do whatever comes after that

I wish there was a better way to find out what can I still do.

The_Monk

Be with me, GAF

That's a good idea, don't give up BRAVE SOUL! GAF is with you. ;)

I need to get back to XCOM, it's been great after almost one year without touching it and my last mission took me 74 minutes to finish but it's such a great game, I might be close to the end.

KarmaCow

That's a pretty impressive claim. :eek: What would you compare it to, gameplay-wise?

The combat is like a character action game, and that's pretty much the entire game. The story is just kinda there, the game consists of a series of battles with multiple enemies in small arenas with boss fights every so often. There is no platforming or traversal beyond jumping through platforms in the arenas themselves.

I would say check out the demo but I remember playing the demo and not really liking it until I played the full game. That might because you get access to more skills or perhaps I just didn't get it at the time.

Zafir

Heh, played more normal goty(16/20) games than I have Steam ones(10/20). The sadder part is, if I count games I own but haven't played the counter goes up to 15/20 for steam games. I blame the Christmas sales.
From my perspective the game isn't much different to previous entries mechanically, but many people have enjoyed it despite earlier souring on the series. I'd put it ahead of Revelations and 3 but behind the others -- I really don't like the lack of sizeable locations in the game and much prefer large cities. As I've said before, I hope the first true next-gen AssCreed game has the locale variety of 2 with the city sizes of Brotherhood's Rome or Revelations' Constantinople.
At least for me, the setting helped massively. I just didn't care for the setting in III, and consequently, I never even got to the parts where apparently you do get the same kind of ship control that you get in IV. I was content with just pirating on the sea and upgrading my ship, reminded me of Sid Meier's Pirates! and I loved that game.

Sullichin

I *think* the only thing I have left in Dark Souls is the DLC and I'm on my way to the last section of the game
delivering souls to the lordvessel and do whatever comes after that

I wish there was a better way to find out what can I still do.

Fucking hate this place.

That's a good idea, don't give up BRAVE SOUL! GAF is with you. ;)

I need to get back to XCOM, it's been great after almost one year without touching it and my last mission took me 74 minutes to finish but it's such a great game, I might be close to the end.

Dark Souls and X-COM? This is the page for me.

I made a huge mistake making my best sniper into a MEC in EW. It very clearly stated that I would lose my class, but I somehow misunderstood thinking that I would keep all of the sniper perks still. Oh well. Game is getting really hard and I remember why I never beat EU the first time. Now I've got zombies killing me in one hit. I've been as proactive as possible about satelittes / uplinks but I never seem to have enough, or I'm always behind in some way on a playthrough. This time around I haven't captured a sectoid yet.

Drizzle, here are some things you could miss before finishing the game:
Revisit the undead asylum
Painted World of Ariamis
The Great Hollow & Ash Lake

KAL2006

Banned
Just played Sonic and Sega Racing Transformed. Graphics are amazing in 1080p and 60FPS, and it's just a pure joy to play. I haven't had this much fun in a kart racer since Mario Kart Double Dash. Mario Kart series is getting tiring, the level themes, characters and items are getting stale. Nintendo should either team up with Sega to do a Mario and Sonic Kart racing, or make a Smash Kart with other Nintendo levels items and characters like Metroid.

kulapik

That's a pretty impressive claim. :eek: What would you compare it to, gameplay-wise?

Smash Bros, maybe, but because there's a lot of platforms, although there's no multiplayer. I haven't played a lot of brawlers though, so my opinion might not be enough :)

Yeah the combat is incredibly fun, the encounters are kind of dull though :(

Yeah, story is pretty shitty, I'm at day 32 and I have no idea of how they're gonna continue it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You can run under the debris he throws at you, ninja run to dodge the ground-flames right before he punches the ground, spam dodge buttons when he goes yellow, and parry everything else.

If you manage to cut the debris, it drops 4 nanopastes, save and reload and you will start the fight with those pastes.

That fight really combines all abilities you learn throughout MGR and exposes your weaknesses. I was doing fine in the fight, but I could never cut through the debris. My advice for that section is to switch to scheme B, which changes the left stick to the angle of your cut and the right stick to camera control. You aim the angle by rotating the stick, line up two boxes in the debris, let go of the stick to through the cut. Use the right stick for some minor adjustments.

I ended up fucking up the debris section so much that I ended up perfecting the fight before I even beat it. When I finally got my blade mode skills down, it didn't take too long to come back and get the no damage achievement.

vfrWmQ3.png
Impressive, Snake Raiden. I was actually doing all the stuff you mentioned, but at some point I end up screwing it up and dying.

I still don't know how to damage him when he's green, and end up doing it by sheer luck. Do I have to hit him in the back?

Tecl0n

Impressive, Snake Raiden. I was actually doing all the stuff you mentioned, but at some point I end up screwing it up and dying.

I still don't know how to damage him when he's green, and end up doing it by sheer luck. Do I have to hit him in the back?

Blade mode to the back, he'll have a target.

Jawmuncher

Whats wrong with Rogue Legacy?
The only thing I can think of is

1.Being mad that it's a roguelike where you can grind to succeed rather than learn
2.That it beat GAF lovely spelunky

Jawmuncher

Spec Ops at 7.49 is too high.
2K needs to lower the base price. 5.00 dollars seems more fair considering the amount of times it hits sales. If you want it you should wait. Especially since it always gets bundled with some other 2K game for 10.00

Cheddahz

Banned
Review keys? The only person on my list who owns it is Wario64 and he's sunk a few hours into it.

That would make sense then

I'm planning on getting it tomorrow, since it looks a lot more enjoyable than Audiosurf (not saying that Audiosurf is bad, but this looks more like my kind of music game)

Dr Dogg

So torn. Saints Row Free Weekend has me hooked, and while I could see spending $20 on the game, the stacks of DLC are going to give my OCD fits. Damnit.

Hahaha. Well despite finishing it over the course of the free weekend I'm debating picking it up as well (definitely going to replay it). Though while I'm trying to align my moral compass as to if I should pick it up now or wait for a complete edition the only bits of dlc that look worth it are what's included in the season pass (well and the Child's Play dlc as it won't be available apparently after the weekend and it's for a good cause as well).

Unless anyone has any other comments on wether any of SR IV's dlc packs are worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom