• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thats the end of my favourite free weekend ever, managed to get up to 91% before finally calling it quits. Will grab it when it goes on sale to finish off, replay and maybe some co-op.

I think some people over at SPUF are getting a little confused with Dark Souls and GFWL. There are three ways you can play Darks Souls regards to saving and profiles.

1). You play with a live profile you can obviously play online and use your saves on more than one computer.

2). You create an offline profile which obviously doesn't allow you to play on online and your saves can only be used on the machine you created that profile.

3). You can play without a profile but this will lock you out of online and won't allow you to save.

Now once GFWL has bitten the dust you'll no longer be able to play online or recover your profile if it isn't already backed up. As Drizzle says use GameSave Manager as it backs up your Online Profiles as well so at least when GFWL has had the stake thrust into its heart you can play Dark Souls on multiple pc's without save issues. You can test this for yourselves now by yanking your internet connection.

Bulletstorm is the only real pain as this needs a Live profile to play at all, even if it's offline so you need to have created or recovered one with Bulletstorm's cd key registered to it before GFWL is gone for ever.

End of the day Dark Souls will continue to live on afterwards, albeit without online unless Namco is sorting that out (did I hear rumblings they are?).

Edit: Amended Bulletstorm info after getting JaseC'd!

Does this mean that I should create an offline profile for GFWL prior to it collapsing in June?

Is this part of the game? It is dropping my FPS under 20fps.

witcher22014-01-1919-3fu7q.png
witcher22014-01-1920-bvu39.png
witcher22014-01-1920-wpueo.png

Only managed to play like three hours of Saint's Row IV. I liked it a lot, but I'm not going to buy it until they release a complete edition.

Personally, I think Jar Jar Rising's pics are the least offensive of the bunch of crap that has been posted here recently. At least they are SFW, while I can't say the same for the rest of that stuff.

Olviia Wilde boob gif gets quoted a few times and now this is the most offensive place on the internet?

RionaaM, please

kulapik

So, I just finished The Maw.

header.jpg

I played it totally on offline mode, so I don't exactly how much it took, but I would say about 3.5-4 hours, and I didn't go for 100%. Also, weirdly, cheevos didn't jump for me, not only in Steam, but in the own game. I dunno.

However, (sorry, no pics) I would say I liked it. Yeah, it has that kiddy style that might make some people say no, but in some part it is his charm, both the alien character and Maw are adorable (the protagonist calling Maaaaaaawwww might be the cutest thing I've ever seen) and make you keep playing. Gameplay is nice, moving things, giving things to Maw to eat (this bothers me, why are you giving aliens as food to other alien, BEING YOU AN ALIEN?) and using the power that Maw gets, like floating, breathing fire, shocking things so you can throw them to things, or even
becoming a rhino and breaking stuff, EVEN DOORS AND SPACESHIPS
all while you enjoy the music. I probably won't buy the dlcs, but I enjoyed this game and would recommend it.

Also, based Amazon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nah, it's the same for me. There's something weird about the key it redeemed. It shows up in my library though.

Yeah, turns out there are two different App IDs for Arma II and a few of the other games in the Humble Bundle. It's redeeming the app that isn't on the store, so when Enhanced Steam checks the app on the store, it says you still don't own it.

It's the same reason that people who previously owned Arma II can still redeem the Humble code to their library, and they'll have duplicate entries.

Are you saying Patrick Klepek is a better player than you, #1 GOTY friend?

I love the way he hits the trap as he starts drinking Estus. Would have made for a great death.

But yeah, that pendulum stopped me for ages. Once you fail a few times it gets into your head. In contrast, I got past the "archers" first go.

hmm I redeemed ARMA II from the HumbleBundle..
but Steam/Enhanced Steam say I still don't own it?

I get the same from my copy I purchased from ... god knows where.

Edit. Explained by Mr S.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Olviia Wilde boob gif gets quoted a few times and now this is the most offensive place on the internet?
I'm wondering how far up your ass you had to reach to pull that meaning out of what RionaaM actually said.

I dunno, I think it's perfectly reasonable to want the thread to stay pretty much SFW at a glance. Link whatever you want so long as it's in accord with the GAF TOS.

I'm wondering how far up your ass you had to reach to pull that meaning out of what RionaaM actually said.

I dunno, I think it's perfectly reasonable to want the thread to stay pretty much SFW at a glance. Link whatever you want so long as it's in accord with the GAF TOS.

SFW is pretty subjective sometimes. :p

--

This new thief game -- is it like Mirror's Edge meets Dishonored?

--

Someone posted earlier two tools for running fullscreen sized borderless windows -- is there a consensus on which tool is better for this? Windowed Borderless Gaming or Fullscreenizer?

mannerbot

That Dark Souls post on the last page makes me so sad. I BEAT ANOR LONDO when it was actually a summoned player that did everything on O&S, and he didn't even attempt the fight solo once? =(

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
That Dark Souls post on the last page makes me so sad. I BEAT ANOR LONDO when it was actually a summoned player that did everything on O&S, and he didn't even attempt the fight solo once? =(

It's part of the game, but I get your point.

eyeless

Hey guys,

I just uploaded a new version of Enhanced Steam for Firefox to Mozilla.

The version is 5.7, and it adds a lot more features (and a few more options) from the Chrome version. With any luck, Mozilla will approve this update quickly. When they do, I'll make a formal announcement at that time.
hey, thanks for your work, awesome that the achievements show in firefox now, they don't seem to be working quite right for me though, don't know if they're like this for everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom