• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

I almost don't want to play The Banner Saga anymore. I'm horrible at running the caravan, apparently

#hypnoboobs

Hi I'm Olivia Wilde, and welcome to the GQ comedy issue.

Turfster

Is that a serious recommendation?

Keeping in mind I just played 10 minutes of lords of shadow and decided it wasn't going to be for me.

It is. Of the two games, Marlow Briggs has the better mechanics, the better written story and is the one that's just plain fun, instead of irritating and full of filler.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
tumblr_lyvg8yyPn21qgpfxmo2_250.gif

EDIT: Now waits for certain poster to rant about Saoirse.

Anybody who doesn't like it can add me to ignore for all I care. I made a point to post Saoirse gifs less often as people several months ago said they found the frequency obnoxious, and if a response gif every one or two days is still too much for some then that's their problem.

Edit: Err, fixed. Didn't finish half a sentence, haha.

mannerbot

Anybody who doesn't like it can add me to ignore for all I care. I made a point to post Saoirse gifs less often as people several months ago and if a response gif every one or two days is still too much for some people then that's their problem.

I want one with every post from now on. PLZ

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Anybody who doesn't like it can add me to ignore for all I care. I made a point to post Saoirse gifs less often as people several months ago and if a response gif every one or two days is still too much for some people then that's their problem.

46616-Jayma-mays-clapping-gif-GLEE-1IN8.gif

fried-or-fertilized-o.gif

nexen

Thanks brentech for alpha prime.

Was SRIV that good? I didn't bother with it.

Blew me away, honestly. I can't believe how absurdly fun it was.
If I hadn't squeezed every ounce of fun out of it there was to be had, I would've bought it.
Weird move, Sega, but .. ok.
I will buy it when it gets cheap or when they have a GOTY version.

edit: also that game is sick stable. I've been unable to turn if off since 1pm, since the license expired. It ran flawlessly the entire time.

dreamfall

It was pure, dumb fun.

I think the freedom of movement in that game is probably the best of any pseudo-superhero game. Collecting different clusters to enhance your superpowers feels so good, and flying/jumping across Steelport is thrilling. The loyalty quests are awesome in their own right, but the padding to keep finishing side activities messes up the pacing of the game.

The problems lie within some of the boring side activities needed to unlock bonuses from your crew (cool weapons/abilities) and the game feels like a tired Mass Effect joke from start to finish. That being said- the super powers are ridiculously fun to wreak havoc with and those loyalty missions bring back some great faces that any true Saints fan can appreciate. The soundtrack is also really diverse, and Riff Raff's "Mad Decent" station was the highlight for me.

I think I just don't like Steelport/the simulation of it. Driving/stealing cars feels really unnecessary, and the map has no dynamic day/night cycle. It's a bit uninspired really- I never really liked it from SR3, and it's completely recycled. Still, jumping over skyscrapers is a ton of fun. I spent a countless number of hours with it, but it felt like busywork at times.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I want one with every post from now on. PLZ

Haha, that's more or less what I used to do. :p

"Fried or fertilised", hey? Now I'm hungry.

And in other news, I finished fable yesteryday.

I have a very strong urge to play through Fable again but I'm waiting for MS to announce the PC version of Anniversary so I can time it correctly (I'd like to finish the original 2-3 weeks before the remake is due to hit).

Edit: Oh, last night I dreamt that more Anno-related testing subs popped up in the registry. It has dawned me that I dream about Steam a lot. ;)

Caerith

I only recently 100%'d SR3, so you'd think I'd be sick of SR but I still had a ton of fun with SRIV. I did a lot, maybe 85% completion or so before I went for the ending (I got all three endings), but will definitely still buy it when there's a "full package" edition with all the DLC.

Only negatives:
  • Wish there were more customization options for the clothing.
  • Wish you could recruit or romance the narrator.
  • Kept getting graphical glitching pretty much any time I wasn't in the ship.

Finished up with Bioshock Infinite. Seems like a well put together game but it didn't quite grab me. Maybe the second 15 minutes picks up but I'll probably not return to it.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Finished up with Bioshock Infinite. Seems like a well put together game but it didn't quite grab me. Maybe the second 15 minutes picks up but I'll probably not return to it.

I hope you don't dump girls like you dump games.

Gvaz

Banned
Just finished Bioshock 2 (Finished one a week or so ago). Fun, first one was still better IMO.

Now....

Infinite!

I'm sorry to tell you but, and I'm glad everyone is finally fucking noticing this, but the bioshock games are a constant stream of downhill. BIO1>BIO2>INF (yes the combat gets betterish, but the story just gets worse)

They're not better than the game they're the spiritual successor to even, System Shock 2. Game is fucking amazing even now.

edit:

Anyone a coupon for 50% off Crusader Kings 2? Or 10% off toki tori 2? or 20% off Velocity Ultra?

Smash88

Banned
rdWj9Tw.jpg

That feel when you really want to play Metal Gear Rising, but you can't play 1080p on a 1440p monitor. Oh god someone make fix it, I really want to slice things!

On the other hand, Banner Saga is awesome. I never knew I would enjoy turn based games.

Goddamn, Sanctum 2 is kicking my ass. Game is hard. Fun, but hard. Some of these levels take over 30 mins to play and if you lose you have to start all over again. It's a shitty feeling when you spend over an hour on a level only to end up where you started. But that's just strategy/tower defense games I guess. Same thing happened to me in Advance Wars.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
On the other hand, Banner Saga is awesome. I never knew I would enjoy turn based games.

It looks great. I've been wanting to play it but I told myself I'd finish Fire Emblem: Awakening first. That's coming along slowly.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Dark Souls 2 OT officially finished. I will constantly tweak with new info etc but the core content its there. Yays

mannerbot

Dark Souls 2 OT officially finished. I will constantly tweak with new info etc but the core content its there. Yays

Do you know why there isn't a physical Black Armor edition for PC in the US? Kind of tempted to order from Amazon.co.uk but will probably wait and see if GMG/Amazon offer a healthy discount.

Grief.exe

It looks great. I've been wanting to play it but I told myself I'd finish Fire Emblem: Awakening first. That's coming along slowly.

I would have picked up Banner Saga, but I had just started Fire Emblem. Bad timing.

I have too many games to work through on Steam anyways.

Achievements just leaked

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=97764941

Ban Puncher

nQNo61Y.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skullgirls -- MB-0FB97F97D1A428B9 - Taken by kurahador. 9 entrants total.

t1390198106z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You should play Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den before Infinite.
I really need to get on that. Never bothered with it before because I didn't want to go through GFWL hoops of funny money in order to buy some DLC that would cost as much as I spent on the base game, but since they gave it free along with the GFWL removal I have no reason not to now.

Except for my backlog.

Nice edit. ;D

Grief.exe

I really need to get on that. Never bothered with it before because I didn't want to go through GFWL hoops of funny money in order to buy some DLC that would cost as much as I spent on the base game, but since they gave it free along with the GFWL removal I have no reason not to now.

Except for my backlog.

Its really short and pretty damn good, should give it a try!

WHY DID I READ THOSE :(

Don't click through to get to the spoilers, but those listed in the OP shouldn't be a problem.

I'm going to edit my post to link directly to the OP, accidentally linked to my post.

Goddamn, Sanctum 2 is kicking my ass. Game is hard. Fun, but hard. Some of these levels take over 30 mins to play and if you lose you have to start all over again. It's a shitty feeling when you spend over an hour on a level only to end up where you started. But that's just strategy/tower defense games I guess. Same thing happened to me in Advance Wars.

I actually gave up on it somewhere in the fourth set of levels. And that's not to say that I didn't enjoy it, I had quite a bit of fun. But at some point the difficulty curve got a little bit past what I enjoy for a TD game. I did like how it went between distinct sections of building and action, my poor brain could never keep up with the games that had me doing both at the same time.

Mairu

ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gun Monkeys -- MB-3E99FCF6BEAD38DF - Taken by jmizzal
I didn't realize I already had this when I bought the indie royale with it, oh well

v0rtikal

For those who still haven't tried, hell.. even heard of Bit.Trip Runner 2 you have to give it a try, it's sooo good and fun, best $1 I've spent ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom