• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmizzal

Ok here you go

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gun Monkeys -- MB-780554051E1B9810 - Taken by bobnowhere. 5 entrants total.

t1390199996z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I had a fun time trying to pre-order this. When Sega bought the Company of Heroes IP from THQ, it pulled the DDE as well as the pre-purchase reward tiers, so I thought it'd be safe to buy the game, only three days later the DDE returned so I had to ask Support to revert my standard copy back to a gift, which I sold to partially fund "version 2" of the DDE. Pulling the DDE but leaving the game available for purchase was a dick move.

Levyne

Banned
I remember not liking something about Minerva's Den but I forget what the Issue was. Maybe I was just burnt out at that point because I had just played the whole series with Den last.

But yeah it's pretty short, not a lot to lose

Grief.exe

I remember not liking something about Minerva's Den but I forget what the Issue was. Maybe I was just burnt out at that point because I had just played the whole series with Den last.

But yeah it's pretty short, not a lot to lose

I'd be surprised if you weren't burnt out by that point. I generally like to throw in change of pace games to cleanse the palet so to speak.

-MD-

Anybody who doesn't like it can add me to ignore for all I care. I made a point to post Saoirse gifs less often as people several months ago said they found the frequency obnoxious, and if a response gif every one or two days is still too much for some then that's their problem.

Doesn't it get old though? Like, I imagine you're an adult, wouldn't it be annoying if everyone on these boards posted gifs of their celebrity crush?

There's a gif of her clapping that you must post at least once a day too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Doesn't it get old though? Like, I imagine you're an adult, wouldn't it be annoying if everyone on these boards posted gifs of their celebrity crush?

Not really. Like I said, I only do it once every day or two, aside from special occasions such as when Anno 1404 receive its beta update branch amidst the chaos of the Winter Sale (I think Ubi was hoping it'd fly under the radar).

There's a gif of her clapping that you must post at least once a day too.

I am partial to it, yes, but not in addition to the self-imposed quota. I think the impression that Saoirse stuff is posted more often than it actually is stems from the fact that I have a Saoirse avatar and am by far the most active poster. I talk about games or help out people with their questions far more often than I post a Saoirse gif or respond to someone else's Saoirse-related post and the fact that some would rather be passive-aggressive dicks about the latter bothers me somewhat.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I snuck a peek at those Dark Souls 2 achievements but had to exit before my thirst overwhelmed me. Can't wait to coat my profile with that shit.

dreamfall

I am partial to it, yes, but not in addition to the self-imposed quota. I think the impression that Saoirse stuff is posted more often than it actually is stems from the fact that I have a Saoirse avatar and am by far the most active poster. I talk about games or help out people with their questions far more often than I post a Saoirse gif or respond to someone else's Saoirse-related post and the fact that some would rather be passive-aggressive dicks about the latter bothers me somewhat.

JaseC lovelovelove.

I like the Saoirse gifs & your cult of followers too.

I lurk here a lot, and post every now and then- you've been nothing but ace in replying, even when it doesn't call for it. So thanks for being around, at all hours!

Jaydepps

Neo Member
They won't. Confirmed.

I am probably very late to the party, but I figured I'd post anyways. I just wanted to let you know that we will be providing Steam keys for Gun Metal and Guilty Gear Isuka to anyone who bought the Indie Gala Dwarves bundle. Since the bundle was not through us though, we have no way of sending the keys out. To solve this we are having GamersGate disperse the keys. Not sure when the keys will be fully dispersed, but I know some people have claimed to already have their keys. Thanks for your patience, and I hope you enjoy the games.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I am probably very late to the party, but I figured I'd post anyways. I just wanted to let you know that we will be providing Steam keys for Gun Metal and Guilty Gear Isuka to anyone who bought the Indie Gala Dwarves bundle. Since the bundle was not through us though, we have no way of sending the keys out. To solve this we are having GamersGate disperse the keys. Not sure when the keys will be fully dispersed, but I know some people have claimed to already have their keys. Thanks for your patience, and I hope you enjoy the games.

The Steam keys for Guilty Gear and Gun Metal are already up on Gamersgate (as I think Lain posted yesterday morning). Thanks!

I talk about games or help out people with their questions far more often than I post a Saoirse gif or respond to someone else's Saoirse-related post and the fact that some would rather be passive-aggressive dicks about the latter bothers me somewhat.

I just want to make it clear that my one line reference to the Saoirse Ronan Appreciation OT to MRORANGE wasn't only directed at you or intended to be passive aggressive. First and foremost it was a response to trading being called out, and a statement that the occasional person trying to sell a couple keys many people in this thread had expressed interest in (Prey is the game in question here) is not any bigger a deal or disturbance than one of the half dozen or so people with a Saoirse Ronan avatar occasionally shopping her face onto a pic of someone jiggling their boobs or the reaction gifs etc. I think most people realize at this point several others here besides you post Saoirse Ronan related images, and perhaps even more frequently (I don't read every page).

mannerbot

Just need The Dark Soul to prove your prowess.

Not going to read the full achievement list, but does it seem like the achievements for Dark Souls 2 are going to be more time-consuming than skill-demanding, just like Dark Souls? By which I mean (assuming that you were able to beat the game) if you wanted the 100% in Dark Souls you had to play the game a bunch of times, but there wasn't anything crazy difficult.

Grief.exe

The icons look dope and I'm all about visual consistency on my profile.

They do look pretty cool.

Not going to read the full achievement list, but does it seem like the achievements for Dark Souls 2 are going to be more time-consuming than skill-demanding, as they were for Dark Souls? By which I mean -- assuming that you were able to beat the game -- if you wanted the 100% in Dark Souls you had to play the game a bunch of times, but there wasn't anything crazy difficult.

You can check out the thread, they are spoiler-free unless you click to another site.

They seem similar to Dark Souls. Collect all the shit, join all the covenants, and beat bosses, so same issue.

mannerbot

You can check out the thread, they are spoiler-free unless you click to another site.

They seem similar to Dark Souls. Collect all the shit, join all the covenants, and beat bosses, so same issue.

Yeah, I saw the spoiler-free ones. Just wondering if the secret achievements were all story related like they were for Dark Souls.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Not going to read the full achievement list, but does it seem like the achievements for Dark Souls 2 are going to be more time-consuming than skill-demanding, just like Dark Souls? By which I mean (assuming that you were able to beat the game) if you wanted the 100% in Dark Souls you had to play the game a bunch of times, but there wasn't anything crazy difficult.
I'm pretty sure you only need to play dark souls twice to 100% it. The only achievement that sucks is the weapon one that requires the trident with that unbelievably terrible drop rate.

mannerbot

I'm pretty sure you only need to play dark souls twice to 100% it. The only achievement that sucks is the weapon one that requires the trident with that unbelievably terrible drop rate.

Yeah, I just did NG, NG+, and then up to Sif. I was fortunate enough to get the Channeler's Trident in NG+, so I didn't have to farm for it. Pretty amazing how much faster that second playthrough is!

people are so hung up on that damn touchscreen :lol
To be fair, I would've liked to play Velocity Ultra with the Steam controller touch-screen. A few other games as well, but Valve's reasoning is perfectly valid.

wait til you get to the archers in anor londo lol
I don't understand why so many people have a hard time with the archers. Even with a heavy equipment load literally all you need to do is
run in a straight line on that pathway, and they usually push themselves off when you block their first attack within melee range
. Getting past the parts with the
lightning spear-wielding skinny gargoyles or demons
is the actual challenge, not the archers.

mannerbot

To be fair, I would've liked to play Velocity Ultra with the Steam controller touch-screen. A few other games as well, but Valve's reasoning is perfectly valid.

I don't understand why so many people have a hard time with the archers. Even with a heavy equipment load literally all you need to do is
run in a straight line on that pathway, and they usually push themselves off when you block their first attack within melee range

I agree that the archers aren't that bad, but you can just run past the guys that you said are the "actual challenge," so I don't see how they could possibly be more difficult. Sometimes the archers
keep shooting when you've reached the ledge, and fall deaths just feel more inherently unfair

Caerith

A lot of people believe that "keep your shield up at all times and inch forward slowly" is the only way to play.

denx

I'm convinced that you have to do a sacrifice of virgin's blood to win a battle race on hard on Sonic Racing Transformed. Shit is pure evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom