• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

I rather have a respec, so I could experiment with different builds without needing to grind. I suppose that's too soft core for some people.

You could theorically finish DS without ever attributing a single point.
You'd just have to be really good at it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
do they still show up in your steam library?
one of them became Stacking right?

Yeah, they're still there. Stacking was also conceptualised during the Amnesia Fortnight period but its prototype wasn't included in the bundle.

HoosTrax

Windows 9 coming in April '15. I guess following on the rule that Windows major releases alternate between win and fail, this one should be the one to get for Windows 7 holdouts...

Zeknurn

Windows 9 coming in April '15. I guess following on the rule that Windows major releases alternate between win and fail, this one should be the one to get for Windows 7 holdouts...

Ignoring the fact that rule is completely wrong, how do you account for the two releases between Windows 7 and Threshold?

HoosTrax

What was the name of that singleplayer zombie survival game that was announced for PC a while back? I think it was originally a 360 game?

Edit: maybe too vague -- it's a sandbox game, with some minor Walking Dead similarities

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Good. Because I got a lot of them.

I got all of them, but I bought the game a while back and there is no way you can do it in a weekend without hating yourself.

sr43ildq.png

HoosTrax

State of Decay?
Yeah that's it, thanks! I kept thinking "Dead State", but was like "no...that's not quite it".
State of Decay? But that's already out.
Yup.

All this news of Rust and DayZ made me crave a similar game, but SP.

There won't be an update for 8 that brings back the start menu, only a small rollup/service pack in a few months.
Ah...I probably misread it then. Or was being overly optimistic.

Acccent

Yeah that's it, thanks! I kept thinking "Dead State", but was like "no...that's not quite it".

Cheddahz I have no idea how you found it right away. I was gonna post something along the lines of 'oh, you're talking about that singleplayer zombie game, yeah, it should be no problem finding it as it's such a rare theme'

My bad!

nexen

I got all of them, but I bought the game a while back and there is no way you can do it in a weekend without hating yourself.

sr43ildq.png

I didn't get them all, but I did get to level 50, finished the main story line, did all the world events, and all the side missions except the loyalty missions.

I don't hate myself. That game was like sweet, sweet candy.

Cheddahz

Banned
Cheddahz I have no idea how you found it right away. I was gonna post something along the lines of 'oh, you're talking about that singleplayer zombie game, yeah, it should be no problem finding it as it's such a rare theme'

My bad!

It's cool! My dad got it for the 360 when it first came out and he told me that he enjoyed it, so that was the first thing that came to mind when I thought "single player zombie game"

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Not really. You can always grind your ass on stupid enemies and build up on souls. There's nothing preventing you from having 40 on all stats at any given time, so.... just find some grinding spots appropriate to your level and waste a couple hours on it. You'll be good to go.

Stat's don't really matter in Dark Souls. It's all about weapon choice and weapon upgrades.

Stats matter in that it prevents me from getting co-op partners or invasions though, and a friend told me not to level over 99 or else something will be significantly harder later on. He might have been wrong, he also intentionally baited me with the info that I'd get the armor from whoever I killed last between S&O, knowing I'd try the harder fight because of that.

Also, advice to sit for a few hours and grind is the reason I quit this game initially. I was told that you pretty much were required to farm mindlessly to get souls for a long time and that's just about the absolute worst bit of game design you can have. Luckily that advice was either terrible or I'm just so bad at the game that I'm naturally replaying areas to farm without needing to go out of the way to do it.

Backlogger

If they are sticking with the "one OS for all devices" mentality hopefully they implement 100% of what this guy designed:

http://jay-machalani.squarespace.com/blog/2013/12/12/fixing-windows-8

Microsoft should take notes on designing for user experience and user processes. This guy nailed it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I didn't get them all, but I did get to level 50, finished the main story line, did all the world events, and all the side missions except the loyalty missions.

I don't hate myself. That game was like sweet, sweet candy.

The challenges achievement is the worst part. There are a number that require stupid amounts of grinding.

HoosTrax

How come SP? Don't want to stumble upon a mass suicide or be endlessly tortured by running into the wrong group?

hm. Yeah, I see your point
Yeah, because, humans. In a real life survival scenario, I don't know that I believe that humans would resort to endless trolling and griefing, vs banding together for survival. So in that sense, humans in an anonymous, online environment behave less realistically than AI. There's also plenty of human behavior stuff that goes on in MMORPGs that I consider immersion-breaking, and which make me gravitate towards games like The Elder Scrolls instead (and I don't mean ESO).

Will keep tabs on this one -- thanks.
I don't know what to think of the Ninty situation. Not really sure why there's such a knee jerk reaction against them getting out of the hardware business like SEGA (I can't see the downside for me as a PC-only gamer).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That looks awesome.

The survival aspect really intrigues me but I can't stand jump scares (sudden loud noises, a figure lunging at you from nowhere, and so on). Not because they don't faze me -- the opposite, in fact, and I hate myself for it.

Some extras from various bundles:

ModBot said:
Instructions for crazyrabbits:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

UFO Afterlight (Copy #2) -- MB-47AC1C8C409066BD - Taken by NotSelf. 1 entrants total.
Real Warfare 2 -- MB-F95828586B37728C - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 4 entrants total.
Theatre of War -- MB-0DC7CC580D010533 - Taken by Camel Master. 1 entrants total.
Men of War -- MB-07971EC38068DE8E - Taken by ohblahitsme. 2 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 -- MB-6F7C6CBD8A725598 - Taken by arts&crafts. 17 entrants total.
XIII Century Gold -- MB-5F60354B15A85C6A - Taken by Garcia. 1 entrants total.
Hearts of Iron III -- MB-8859E307A7938956 - Taken by Terra_Ex. 6 entrants total.
UFO Afterlight -- MB-FD5289E7D9EC9315 - Taken by Cth. 1 entrants total.
Fantasy Wars -- MB-242A073836ECCEE6 - Taken by Deques. 1 entrants total.
Take on Helicopters -- MB-849426C7860DBBAF - Taken by louiedog. 7 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-C5BAB5BA698E40E5 - Taken by nicjac. 1 entrants total.

t1390249723z1.png

Grief.exe

Ross Brierley @Ghostlight_Ross 9 secs
We're expecting to announce the next JRPG we're bringing to Steam very soon. We've also got more details on an already announced PC game.

https://twitter.com/Ghostlight_Ross/status/425321331022757889

Quality of the games can only go up from here.

Wait what? I don't have any context here on who these guys are.

Awesome, keep diversifying the platform.

Everything I read about The Forest just makes the game look better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom