• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So cool, I was AFK for half an hour and Magicka ended up in yet another bundle!

I think I've ended up with four copies of Magicka? All of them after I actually bought Magicka during the last winter sale. And I never ended up playing it because I couldn't find a co-op partner who hadn't played it and had any interest.

Asiriya

Neo Member
I'm thinking about getting an SSD but I don't want to pay the money to get more space than 250GB really. I would like to take advantage of the speed of the drive and install some games on it. Is it possible to have a storage folder on a HDD and a playing folder on the SSD so that I could simply move game files between and have them play?

Would I have to change where the steam shortcut thinks the files are?

Or do I have to go through the faff of trying to get it to see the moved files and sometimes not and reinstalling everything just for funs?

Gvaz

Banned
Argarest 2 is better but not really what I wanted.

Lets get Persona or SMT up in here. Tales in the Sky is already getting released by Carpe Fulgur but everything else is meh.

Tizoc

Argarest 2 is better but not really what I wanted.

Lets get Persona or SMT up in here. Tales in the Sky is already getting released by Carpe Fulgur but everything else is meh.

Ghostlight did publish Persona and SMT in EU the past decade actually, if we get these games on PC...Nah doubt it'd happen.

Wait what? I don't have any context here on who these guys are.

Awesome, keep diversifying the platform.

Ghostlight are a British publisher of niche Japanese games in the European market. Most notable things they've published are a lot of the Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games in Europe for the PS2, DS, 3DS and PSP. They've also published a lot of Idea Factory games :)/) and one of Nihon Falcom's (Ys developer) games.

This next announcement is likely another Idea Factory game.

kafiend

I'm thinking about getting an SSD but I don't want to pay the money to get more space than 250GB really. I would like to take advantage of the speed of the drive and install some games on it. Is it possible to have a storage folder on a HDD and a playing folder on the SSD so that I could simply move game files between and have them play?

Would I have to change where the steam shortcut thinks the files are?

Or do I have to go through the faff of trying to get it to see the moved files and sometimes not and reinstalling everything just for funs?

Use SteamMover to put whatever game you wan on SSD and keep the rest on traditional HD. SSD is not much of a game changer for game playing though. However, for day to day usage they are fantastic. Its also pretty useful to know that you can change Document folders etc to be off the SSD and on a normal HD. They fill up pretty fast.

Turfster

Daily Sword & Sworcery 80% off
Weeklong
  • Syberia 75% off
  • Syberia II 75% off
  • Vector 20% off
  • Bionic Dues 75% off
  • Electronic Super Joy 80% off
  • STORM: Frontline Nation 80% off
  • Syder Arcade 75% off

Grief.exe

Soon

ibvBdLMn2fmwMj.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just Vector and Bionic Dues for me. The former I'll buy through my trader because I'm cheap but the latter I should be able to buy with the money that I'll earn overnight from cards.

JaseC

what's that precious, what's that?

It's his artistic impression of what that portion of his profile will look like when Dark Souls gets its Steamworks patch.

Edit:
32150 Everyday Genius: SquareLogic said:
2 minutes ago Changed metacritic_name – SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom › Everyday Genius: SquareLogic

That was, uh, quite the stuff-up.

Grief.exe

Just started playing this recently myself. Not really sure what I feel about the gameplay...but good grief that soundtrack. Incredible music.

That Vinyl

0000125071_10.jpg

It's his artistic impression of what that portion of his profile will look like when Dark Souls gets its Steamworks patch.

Dark Souls 2 uses the exact same image for the Achievement, so it can be interpreted either way. In this case, I was referencing to the sequel!

kafiend

How is Bionic Dues?

I thought it was really good. Keep meaning to play it through again.

Sort of a rogue game, take a team of robots into battle, play a turn with a single robot and swap them out the active robot as the situation dictates. Enemy gets a turn - rinse repeat.
You have a set amount of days to build up your robots to take on the end boss battle and how you spend your days fighting is up to you. Different icons on the map screen unlock/give you different things so plan slightly carefully. You get better rewards based on survival, You can fight the end boss without using up all the days available to you.
I was getting loot blind toward the end of the game and from what I recall the auto-fit did a shit job of optimizing a robots capability.

If you haven't listened to the trailer music yet then go do it now, makes me laugh every time. Never in the history of computer gaming has there been such a badly matched piece of music. It's like a cheesy War of the Worlds type tune.

Tellaerin

Wow filled in 2009 and registered in 2011.

Looking at that picture of their early prototypes I wouldn't mind trying a controller with a trackball. I used one playing Sim City round a friends house years ago and was quite a pleasant experience. That and arcade games like Rampart and the one Golf game every pub had really flowed well into gameplay. If something that added resistance like Logitech's infinite scroll for their mouse wheels was added I could see it being quite versatile.

I've been saying for years now that I'd kill for a controller that takes the basic dual analog gamepad layout and replaces the right thumbstick with a marble-sized trackball. That would be a gamepad I'd enjoy playing FPS's with.

JaseC

I wonder what my rarest achievements are. I bet they're all related to collectables.

Edit:
Total War: Shogun 2
Skilled Warrior
Max out any [Fall of the Samurai] avatar skill tree, by spending a skill point in each skill within a single skill tree.
0.32% of players have this (How in the world did I get it? I've never played a Total War game.)

Borderlands
The Lubricator
Found 25 claptrap oil cans
0.49% of players have this

Borderlands
What a party!
Collected 3 panties, 5 fish in a bag, and 15 pizzas
0.50% of players have this

Borderlands
Bobble-trap
Collected 15 claptrap bobbleheads

Duke Nukem Forever
Come Get a Little More
Beat the DLC campaign on Hard Difficulty
0.67% of players have this

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
Farmer Harmer
Kill Farmer Beeks
0.82% of players have this

Half of them are collectable-based. What a surprise. :p

Turfster

Indiegala unlocked Viscera Cleanup Detail Santa's Rampage
GMG is having a 75% off sale on Squenix games.
  • Thief Gold
  • Thief II The Metal Age
  • Thief Deadly Shadows
  • Thief Pack
  • Just Cause
  • Just Cause 2 & DLC collection
  • Just Cause Pack
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Sleeping Dogs Nightmare on Northpoint
  • Sleeping Dogs Zodiac Tournament
  • Sleeping Dogs Pack

Don't know if the 25% off GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU works on these

JaseC

Mine are Dishonored DLC and Bioshock Infinite DLC achievements. And Borderlands 2's Challenge Accepted achievement.

I just ninja-edited mine in:

Edit:

Total War: Shogun 2
Skilled Warrior
Max out any [Fall of the Samurai] avatar skill tree, by spending a skill point in each skill within a single skill tree.
0.32% of players have this (How in the world did I get it? I've never played a Total War game.)

Borderlands
The Lubricator
Found 25 claptrap oil cans
0.49% of players have this

Borderlands
What a party!
Collected 3 panties, 5 fish in a bag, and 15 pizzas

Borderlands
Bobble-trap
Collected 15 claptrap bobbleheads

Duke Nukem Forever
Come Get a Little More
Beat the DLC campaign on Hard Difficulty
0.67% of players have this

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
Farmer Harmer
Kill Farmer Beeks
0.82% of players have this

Half of them are collectable-based. What a surprise. :p

The Total War one really has me scratching my head. Also, I need to resume Stranger's Wrath at some point.

Zafir

All of my rarest achievements are Left 4 Dead 2 ones, lol.

Top 5 -

WEDDING CRASHER 0.8%
As the Charger, grab a Survivor and crash them through 8 chairs at the wedding.

SACRIFIZZLE 0.9%
As a Special Infected, incap someone who is trying to sacrifice themselves.

HEARTWARMER 1.2%
In a Versus round, leave the saferoom to defibrillate a dead teammate.

PORT OF SCAVENGE 1.2%
Play 5 full games of Scavenge on The Port.

STILL SOMETHING TO PROVE 1.3%
Survive all campaigns on Expert.

Not surprising though, I don't really go for achievements on Steam games. Honestly, the only console where I do feel motivated is on PSN where you get a fancy platinum trophy for the effort.

Turfster

Mine are basically Monaco - Time to retire (0.18%), Monaco - Unscathed (0.23%), Monaco - Play it again, Sam (0.28%), Monaco - Bring the Bleach (0.48%), Dishonored - Silence is Golden (0.53%), Joe Danger 2 - Mr Roboto (0.78%)
(I used to play a lot of Monaco coop)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I love looking at the most common achievements on games and seeing stuff like "Finish level 1" at 37% of players. I wonder how that makes devs feel.

JaseC

SAM misclick?

That was my first thought but it was unlocked in January 2012. I then thought that perhaps it unlocked because I used someone's save for the 2011 Winter Sale achievement hunt, but it's literally the only Shogun 2 achievement I have (although I most certainly got the sale achievement -- the only game I didn't already have/buy was Game of Thrones and this is reflected in my 98 XP badge).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom