• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Flying Bundle 5
Price: 3$
  • BasketBelle (greenlight)
  • Booster Trooper
  • CreaVures
  • Gish
  • Gravity Badgers
  • Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders and Product Placement
  • Mystery Game
  • POP: Methodology Experiment One (greenlight)

ModBot said:
Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing.

Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Just pointing that out since some seem not to read the text that accompanies the giveaways.

No, I'm not aiming that comment at you! Or anyone in particular.

Don't worry, you're still a precious little snowflake!

:p

Overdoziz

Banned
Just beat I Am Alive. Pretty enjoyable once you turn the difficulty down and you don't have to deal with the frustrating checkpoint/retry system. Definitely a game that had a lot of potential, but in the end pretty much fell flat in every aspect. Encounters with hostile people were interesting, but also unavoidable most of the time and you're basically forced to just kill anyone you can. Helping people using your precious supplies would've been more interesting if it actually had an impact. All it did was make them say a couple of lines of backstory, nothing much else.

Overall it's worth picking up for a couple of bucks in you're up for something relatively unique. It doesn't overstay its welcome either as it's only around 4-5 hours long. It does end very abruptly, though.

My rarest achievements are Civ V - Pedro's Party People (1%), Lead & Gold - Summer Hits (2%), Sonic Transformed - Take Ages (2%) and SEGA All-Star (2%), Magicka - Swedish Summer Achievement (2%), and Mark of the Ninja - Back to Bed With You (2%).

Ghostlight did publish Persona and SMT in EU the past decade actually, if we get these games on PC...Nah doubt it'd happen.

They'd almost certainly need support from Atlus Japan in the form of a working PC port. I wouldn't count on that ever happening, if only because they don't develop PC games now and would have to either contract with someone or hire a whole production team.

It'd be hilarious, though, if in some bizarre alternate universe this was how we finally got Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment localized on the same platform.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Booster Trooper -- MB-0E668E55F9AAEE75 - Taken by Tesseract
Hamlet -- MB-54CEF2A88053B4A9 - Taken by nightstorm
Creavures -- MB-D644B28F04DED8B6 - Taken by jonno394
Gravity Badgers -- MB-00154FA90EA95B09 - Taken by jmizzal

Gish keys will be distributed later, apparently, so that'll have to wait.

Edit: I made just under $2.50 from 3 Violett cards. Not a bad way to start the day. ;)

my rarest achievements ar....

what-no-gif.gif

Oh man, the Rambo game looks even worse than expected...

Move over Bad Rats

I thought Sword and Sorcery was trash on PC. One of the later bosses was the very definition of touch design not translating to mouse.

That was the first game to go in my 'Dump' category.

Copons

runner2 is pretty disappointing so far, huge dip in difficulty from the first.

While this is undoubtedly true, I'm digging the replayability value they added.
In Runner1 I basically never replayed any level, even if I finished it without getting any gold.
In Runner2, instead, I always try to go for the Perfect+, picking the hardest routes and going back to improve my score with keys, chests and don't forget dancing.
Also, I've yet to try the hardest difficulty, so I'm bound to play it for a loooong time!

how are you guys seeing the percentage or your games achievements? just going on each game achievement page, or there a page to see all of them?

I'm assuming that having two copies of Arma 2 from the Humble Weekly Sale has been discussed at length? Because I just noticed it. What I wouldn't give to be able to right-click -> hide on games in my library.

Tellaerin

For all two of you who don't already have this, here goes.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Magicka -- MB-3BE88EB61ADCB74C - Taken by D3RANG3D. 2 entrants total.

t1390244862z1.png

HoosTrax

how are you guys seeing the percentage or your games achievements? just going on each game achievement page, or there a page to see all of them?
It's one of the available profile showcases (assuming you have a high enough Steam level to be able to use showcases in the first place).

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Rarest achievement: 0.08%

FM14: Immortality
You have received 20 Manager Of The Year awards

jonno394

Thanks JC, Creavures looks right up my sidescrolling puzzle loving street. I'll try and get a game for a giveaway to share the love later.

Turfster

I don't think you can get refund from Steam, maybe from pre-orders if you are lucky

You can if the game is fundamentally broken (see: From Dust at launch and a few other examples)

It's not launching for me and I meet all of the requirements for the game

Ouch. I'm not seeing more people with the same problem at the moment.
If there were, you might have had more luck asking for a refund.

Digoman

I just ninja-edited mine in:
The Total War one really has me scratching my head. Also, I need to resume Stranger's Wrath at some point.

I have the same Total War achievement out of nowhere. Unlocked: Dec 18, 2011 11:30am, which is when I bought the game.

My rarest one is:
3DMark: Leet Treat- Submit a score that contains the sequence 1337.

Hurray for random chance of achievement!

Joe Molotov

That was my first thought but it was unlocked in January 2012. I then thought that perhaps it unlocked because I used someone's save for the 2011 Winter Sale achievement hunt, but it's literally the only Shogun 2 achievement I have (although I most certainly got the sale achievement -- the only game I didn't already have/buy was Game of Thrones and this is reflected in my 98 XP badge).

I have the same achievement. I'm pretty sure it was a deal where you could download somebody else's save, hit "advance turn" or whatever and get the achievement, then exit and uninstall the game.

Dec

Think my rarest achievement is 0.8% for healing in Forge. Which is super depressing, so few people play supporting classes in multiplayer games.

jonno394

Just watched the trailer, game looks fun but not something I will imagine i'll find myself playing so it's a freebie for anyone

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-929A273C4524A638 - Taken by Kirosia

Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing.

Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Just pointing that out since some seem not to read the text that accompanies the giveaways.

No, I'm not aiming that comment at you! Or anyone in particular.

Don't worry, you're still a precious little snowflake!

:p

I'm still waiting to see if a Humble link of mine from some days ago is actually ever going to be used. I guess in a sense it is not so different from redeeming a key then not playing it right away (of which I have certainly been guilty), but it is still annoying. I could have given that key to somebody else...

Finding it hilarious how the majority proclaimed the SC as an FPS controller, yet every evidence so far indicates it works the least with the genre.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Think my rarest achievement is 0.8% for healing in Forge. Which is super depressing, so few people play supporting classes in multiplayer games.

Most of my rarest achievements are for Dungeons of Dredmor, and not even for anything hard. I just focused on one skill path and maxed it out most times I played, and apparently I maxed classes that nobody else does. #1 is my 100% Spelunky journal though, still hoping to get the 0 gold at some point which will overtake it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom