• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

http://25.media.tumblr.com/8ae86884d837844456ea041a38c16c28/tumblr_mvnjkoznQV1r8erlno1_500.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xJ6c6bqDtm0/UFrUz0QVZCI/AAAAAAAAAJU/7AkWtuBAOys/s1600/Raiden2.gif[IMG]

my paypal refund went through finally ^_^ sorry about the lightning gifs earlier mr.mods, was just teasing a bit, dont ban me >_<[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the giveaway!

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/kamiya-thumbs-up8rabn.gif

Gamerloid

Would love to play MGS3 on PC :p
EDIT: or you by older Metal Gear games, you meant the MSX metal gear games?
Mostly the Solid games, but having all of them would be ideal.

It would be nice but I have my doubts of this happening any time soon. My theory is that Konami will be looking to the performance of Rising PC to inform the decision of whether or not to greenlight PC ports of the MGSV titles; the older games are unlikely to be a concern at this juncture.

If they ever do port the MGSV games, I hope they act accordingly to whatever the release date is. Like if The Phantom Pain is already out for consoles, they should just sell it as Metal Gear Solid V which includes both Ground Zero and The Phantom Pain.

Li Kao

Sorry if that's only vaguely on topic, but as I'm watching my computer move huge chunks of data from one hdd to another in order to have 15% of free space in each one for a change (living the life here).

I find it's a pity that, by its very nature, PC is a headless kingdom. No, don't get me wrong, it is a holy blessing 99% of the time but...
Wouldn't it be cool if one was to take up the torch and make a new Reasons why it's worth to be a PC gamer in 2014 ? I fucking loved this listing of games to be released with a selection of screenshots for each game. Not that I feel insecure in my gaming ways, on the contrary, I try to think about what excites me in the coming year and... nope, too many things. Just too much. Like I said in another topic, while it isn't the late 90's golden age, it sure feels like it in some ways.

Another thing that would be cool is a site explaining the PC market to new players in it. No, I don't mean Japanese compa... wait, yes I mean them :-S
It seems like some bullshit decisions could be avoided fairly easily by a little information.

But I ramble.

FloatOn

tumblr_mvnjkoznQV1r8erlno1_500.gif

dude looks like a lady

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Because people are dicks. This isn't even for any particular reason, it's just a couple of script-kiddies pretending to be badasses.

People are indeed dicks.

Just wanted to leave a note here just in case: If anyone used an "installer", or any method other than installing manually from my Github to install Enhanced Steam Standalone within the last 6 hours: PLEASE check your nginx.conf file to make sure it matches the one on Github.

Apparently some scammers decided it would be a good idea to distribute their own version of Enhanced Steam that also injects their own remote scripts that do things like send trade offers on your behalf and just generally asshole stuff.

Apparently some scammers decided it would be a good idea to distribute their own version of Enhanced Steam that also injects their own remote scripts that do things like send trade offers on your behalf and just generally asshole stuff.

this is why installing enhanced steam on the client without official support it's dangerous, the average pc user would install things they do not understand and will blame the creator of the plugin.

fernandes

So, since getting Legend of Grimrock, my playstyle has been: Play till I'm too tired to figure out a puzzle, then go to bed. Wake up and work out solution. Repeat.

That works pretty well with me for most games with puzzles. Still haven't finished Grimrock, though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
this is why installing enhanced steam on the client without official support it's dangerous, the average pc user would install things they do not understand and will blame the creator of the plugin.

Just like any software you install online, you should check to make sure it's actually coming from a source you trust (Enhanced Steam) and not just some random internet user that says "hey guys, I put an install script together..."

Because people are dicks. This isn't even for any particular reason, it's just a couple of script-kiddies pretending to be badasses.

Valve should track them down and then sue the parents for the lost revenue from the downtime.

i doubt they'd be tracked so easily. Not like everyone can just take down the biggest PC gaming marketplace.

Kovaelin

The original plugin only works in your browser, yeah? Is there a way to get it on the client? I'm kind of wary now, because you can do offline trade offers through the browser now too.

Turfster

This is why we can't have nice things.

jshackles

The original plugin only works in your browser, yeah? Is there a way to get it on the client? I'm kind of wary now, because you can do offline trade offers through the browser now too.

I released a very early version yesterday that can be used to load Enhanced Steam's features into the client itself (or any browser)

Enhanced Steam Standalone

Wok

People are indeed dicks.

Just wanted to leave a note here just in case: If anyone used an "installer", or any method other than installing manually from my Github to install Enhanced Steam Standalone within the last 6 hours: PLEASE check your nginx.conf file to make sure it matches the one on Github.

They are fast. I would have expected these kinds of behavior more than 24 hours after you mentioned the Enhanced Steam stand-alone.

Copons

Ok, as you may know, I'm about to build my first PC and I'm super involved in checking prices and searching deals, and you know, the usuals.

Being a complete ignorant in this matter, I posted a list of stuff and some questions on the proper thread.
But, as I trust you (
also I'm a total scumbag spammer
), I'd like to ask you the same everything I did there (without copying the post as it's pretty long and super off topic):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95834740&postcount=111

Every answer will be super really very appreciated and awarded with a french kiss by my avatar in the very person.
Thanks!

Wok

I am no expert, but when I had to get a new PC, I followed the recommended specs by CanardPC. Basically, the current one are:

With a goal of 600 euros (everything included, even Windows 7):

Intel Pentium G3420 3,20 GHz
AMD Radeon R7 260X 2048 Mo
Gigabyte GA-H81M-D2V
8192 Mo (8 Go) G.Skill DIMM DDR3 (PC12800)
Seasonic G-Series 360 Watts

or more expensive (1200 euros, everything included too):

Intel Core i5 4440 3,10 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2048 Mo
Asus H87M-E C2
8192 Mo (8 Go) G.Skill DIMM DDR3 (PC12800)
Antec HCG 520 Watts

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If I win Reveangeance I shall do my best to feed all the kids in the world, give em maps and world peace.
ig01b0HGws2hK.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Haha, I don't think KR0 is going to go beyond 50% off until all the episodes have been released -- it's almost a year old yet $12.50 is as low as it's gone.

nice of them to discount 2 games in a row that were not part of the sale

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Have the MLB games been on Steam before? They are showing up in the mobile app

nTCkore.jpg

Yes. They were actually yanked a couple of days ago:

Looks like 2K lost the MLB licence:

a day ago Removed store name &#8211; MLB 2K10
a day ago Removed store name &#8211; MLB 2K11
a day ago Removed store name &#8211; MLB 2K12
a day ago Removed store name &#8211; MLB® Front Office Manager

It hasn't been a good week for licensed games. I like to think that they died so that Anno 1404 may live.

They're showing up erroneously because while the store names have been removed from the subs they haven't been removed from the apps themselves.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Have the MLB games been on Steam before? They are showing up in the mobile app

nTCkore.jpg

that pic reminds me, is Unity of Command as good as everyone says? been wanting to check it out forever now but I never pull the plug (its also never 75% off which doesnt help)?

The_Monk

Haha, I don't think KR0 is going to go beyond 50% off until all the episodes have been released -- it's almost a year old yet $12.50 is as low as it's gone.

It's okay, same happened with The Walking Dead series, that "hold" as more of a mental note for myself. ;) But I am interested to check this out since people keep talking about it. Maybe when all the Episodes are finally out!

Sullichin

Thanks Kiru for Shank 2!

Unfortunately when I go to redeem the key on humble bundle, it's for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare which I already own.

Is there a way to re-gift a Humble Bundle key so I can give this back to Modbot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom