• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

I missed out on their earlier offerings and only have what I have seen thus far to go off of.
Which as you said has been pretty damn weak every time I check the site. Still my vote for most disappointing bundle goes to Flying Bundle. All that hype for them to get off the ground and all we have see so far has been meh.

Well, at least Flying bundle still wasn't as amateurish as uh... bundlebandits and that other one with the horrible site design and engrish text.

Dr Dogg

And back to regular programming.

Also I know Rising has prerendered cutscenes but 23.7gb preload?! Good job it's up a fair few days in advance as with my crappy internet it's will probably just finish bupy the time it unlocks.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been up for about a day and a half now. I'm actually a little worried that I haven't been making sense. :p

I would expect this sort of behavior during the sale... but post-sale? Crazy.

I got a 5 hour nap and now I'm back to working on Enhanced Steam.
Why do I do this to myself?

Kovaelin

Well, they haven't really been delivering the last few months, sadly.
They started off so strong, too.

I liked IR for a long time, but I haven't bought a single one of their bundles recently, and the last one I obtained was actually the freebie Jubilee bundle (the one that came with the newsletter). Also, if anyone bought the Summer or Graduation bundles, and don't play AirMech (not many people do, but I'm getting pretty into it nowadays), would you mind checking your pages for something called the "in-game pet" or "Graduation Cap"? I'd really appreciate it if you don't have any use for it.

It seems the best bundles always come during the summer or "break" season when I'm away from the computer. I missed the Origin humble bundle and almost missed the WB bundle.

Humble Bundle is obviously mainstream appeal, but I like Groupees more as they delve more into niches. Indie Royale is okay, BundleStars is good if you're a collector as they provide a lot of B-Tier games. IndieGala is hit-and-miss for me. Bundle-in-a-Box I think is the most underrated, but they appeal to me as they have quirky fun games I've sometimes never heard of before.

Well i like Indie Gala the most... they had EDF.

Jawmuncher

Well, at least Flying bundle still wasn't as amateurish as uh... bundlebandits and that other one with the horrible site design and engrish text.

True definitely have to give them credit there especially with site design.
I like indiegala as hit or miss as they are but damn if the website isn't really amateur.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait wait wait...

the Drakensang games are part of the Dark Eye universe too? man there are so many games using it these days, just found out Memoria is a Dark Eye game also

plc268

This is kind of random, but damn, I wish I could replace the internal browser steam uses with Chrome or something so I can use enhanced steam within the client.

God... some of those Greenlight titles are ugly as hell.

Just look at this : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=193567228

How do you guess that?

Release date. And what the last Bundle had. So if you guess what comes after the last game of the last bundle you would come to Swapper and Monaco. Then it comes down to "Are they worthy of Humble Bundle?". And yes they are.

I'm thinking Dust would be a good fit for it as well.

Dust could be in there too.

user237

I like indiegala as hit or miss as they are but damn if the website isn't really amateur.

I've cancelled purchases on indiegala because the site was so bad I couldn't get it to work.

Other than Humble Bundle, the nicest site I've seen is the BundleStars site which always looks good and has a nice cart system.

HoosTrax

Are we expecting any further content for Civ V or XCOM? If not, I may grab the DLC from GMG and run through those two one final time.
Something makes me a little sad about those early access titles. I guess if there's one thing more popular than either sandbox or zombie game, it would have to be zombie sandbox games.

Turfster

Indiegala's site design is horrible, but that other one was still worse.
They only did like, 2 bundles...

wait wait wait...

the Drakensang games are part of the Dark Eye universe too? man there are so many games using it these days, just found out Memoria is a Dark Eye game also

Well, it's the sequel to "The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav", so ;)

_hekk05

Banned
I would expect this sort of behavior during the sale... but post-sale? Crazy.

I got a 5 hour nap and now I'm back to working on Enhanced Steam.
Why do I do this to myself?

You do what you must because you can.

Also because you want to stick it to Valve.

Peachpies

the top 3 are all early access and then there seems to be one on every page almost so they have a reasonably high representation

Wok

When was the new Humble Indie Bundle announced and has there been any indication of its contents? Regardless, it'll be a good one...

We need Nabs for a good guess.

And i guess it will have Monaco and The Swapper.

We might as well get Antichamber and Rogue Legacy... RL probably as BTA.

I am going to think about it as well.

In hopes that valve will get smart and higher a competent web developer?

According to this interview, Valve does not have titles.

We need Nabs for a good guess.

The guy just below my post

||
||
||
V​

I am going to think about it as well.

I'm amazed at how bad some of those games are, and the fact that someone paid to put it there. Even so, there are a few people leaving positive comments which boggle my mind.

Yeah... sometimes i have the feeling its their parents.

Like : "Momy momy... could you please vote for my steam game please?" "Of course, my dear." "And write something nice about it."

Colin.

Humble Bundle is obviously mainstream appeal, but I like Groupees more as they delve more into niches. Indie Royale is okay, BundleStars is good if you're a collector as they provide a lot of B-Tier games. IndieGala is hit-and-miss for me. Bundle-in-a-Box I think is the most underrated, but they appeal to me as they have quirky fun games I've sometimes never heard of before.

I too am a big fan of Groupees. They have put out some really good bundles, and I like the bundles that allow you to select what games you really want, and alters the cost based on that. Giveaways are nice, but I don't really feel inclined to buy a whole bundle, just for one or two missing games. Indie Royale is probably one of my least favourites, as it tends to have the highest cost for a low tier selection. But there are some exceptions on occasion, like the most recent Debut 8 bundle, which was a considerably lower cost for some interesting looking games.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
There are currently 4 Early Access titles in the top 10 alone.
Yes they are early access, rust is as well.

Must be really good enough to warrant many people to beta test lol

Even if it's early access once SB has gone through a phase 2 I'll buy it. But I hope it gets finalized.

I hope this abbreviation doesn't catch on.

it's a good way to keep people from buying them tho!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just want to take some time to thank all 6 of my Steam Family who I share with through Steam Family Sharing for not getting my account a VAC ban.

Good thing my GF doesn't even know what that is in case she gets pissed at me and realizes all that power she has over my account.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You actually have been the best Jase I've known so far, keep it up (and drink Coffee)!

Boosting the coffee industry, one person at a time.

So that wasteland 2... that 60$... Aren't they overstretching a bit?

While the inclusion of the original Wasteland, soundtrack, and art book helps it a bit, it's still rather much. I've heard talk of them doing it keep it mostly limited to just those who really want it and wouldn't go in with higher expectations and then spreading poor thoughts on it while still Early Access due to not being familiar with the franchise and how it plays or what have you.
Fortunately it will go down in price for the full release and become much more reasonable.

God... some of those Greenlight titles are ugly as hell.

Just look at this : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=193567228

It is quite the work to do art for a game and I understand that not everyone can do so, relying only on the basics or crude designs, but at this stage of game development even with someone who is solely a programmer, there exists tools that can allow you to do more than simple place-holders like that game uses.
Aye it's playable and you don't need more than square box jumping on rectangles for a base platformer, but it won't get you very far without a strong hook or gameplay mechanic behind it (Thomas Was Alone, The Impossible Game, etc) and most people just won't see it from first impressions.

That said, I'm glad not everyone can or does do a lot of artwork for their games when they are just planners, coders, or programmers. Helps ensure we artists still have jobs in the future.

Tizoc

You'd think with having the Doctor Who adventure game on there, the current Groupees bundle would've reached $100,000 seeing as it was only available to UK IIRC...

_hekk05

Banned
According to some of my friends, chinese, japanese and korean players of Rust have been coming over to Singapore servers to fight an imagining of world war III. It sounds incredibly fun yet extremely racist at the same time.

Wok

I cannot guess, there are too many possibilities:
Standard

Antichamber
The Swapper
Gunpoint
Monaco
Guacamelee!
The Bridge
Incredipede
Anodyne
Tetrobot and Co.

BTA

Spelunky
Gone Home
Kentucky Route Zero
Toki Tori 2
Papers, Please
7 Grand Steps
The Splatters
Rogue Legacy

rtcn63

You'd think with having the Doctor Who adventure game on there, the current Groupees bundle would've reached $100,000 seeing as it was only available to UK IIRC...

They're not particularly good. I played City of the Daleks awhile back, and the flash game Google put up for the 50th anniversary was more engaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom